Just had my first chip cleaning-gasm (2 Viewers)

I used some Lundmark TSP on some chips for the first time and was beyond impressed. Typically I just use Dawn and a soft toothbrush. Instead I gave them a quick dip in the TSP and then hit them with a nail brush.

Before:

3D9AF7DE-819C-401E-BF71-4B850DE989D1.jpeg

After:

20211120_094054.jpg

Wait till you get your self a ultrasonic

here’s if you do
Thread 'Ultrasonic Chip Cleaning'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ultrasonic-chip-cleaning.1691/
Yeah I’m trying to understand the concern around ultrasonic. I’ve done 1,000 chips and for the life of me don’t quite follow the folks that want to get tendinitis hand cleaning hundreds of chips with a magic eraser…..only issue I have is they’re dry so I have to oil after. But even hand cleaning will make them need a little oil. So hand cleaners, please explain why you don’t utilize ultrasonic

Yeah I’m trying to understand the concern around ultrasonic. I’ve done 1,000 chips and for the life of me don’t quite follow the folks that want to get tendinitis hand cleaning hundreds of chips with a magic eraser…..only issue I have is they’re dry so I have to oil after. But even hand cleaning will make them need a little oil. So hand cleaners, please explain why you don’t utilize ultrasonic
It depends on what level of dirty we're talking and condition of the chip. I find that US really dries them out and so if they're already super dry, I don't want to use the US. Also, if they're really caked with dirt and grime and require some scraping and dental equipment anyway, the US is just an annoying step and not sufficient. I think I tested the Joker Wild $1s and the US didn't make a dent, it also dried out the chip (it was dry to start) and I noticed more clay material come off than desired.

For something like those PBCLs, the US seems perfect.

I've also never tried it, but I've heard horror stories with hot stamps, so there's that.

That’s understandable. For grimy I US my horseshoe Cleveland’s and they were pretty nasty…..came out shining

I’m reluctant to even play on my table, let alone have unstable boxes of water and assorted cleaning fluids on it!

It depends on what level of dirty we're talking and condition of the chip. I find that US really dries them out and so if they're already super dry, I don't want to use the US. Also, if they're really caked with dirt and grime and require some scraping and dental equipment anyway, the US is just an annoying step and not sufficient. I think I tested the Joker Wild $1s and the US didn't make a dent, it also dried out the chip (it was dry to start) and I noticed more clay material come off than desired.

For something like those PBCLs, the US seems perfect.

I've also never tried it, but I've heard horror stories with hot stamps, so there's that.
I bought an ultrasonc and ran a few hundred dirty chips through it. I did not use the revolving salad spinner method, but instead put the chips right in the basket. I found to get them clean enough I had to run the US for a while. Then, the chips seemed a little dry. Oiling helped bring them back to life. But by the time I hand oil each chip, I may as well clean them by hand with a magic eraser. I have ton more chips to clean, but since then I'm reluctant to use the US.

I’m reluctant to even play on my table, let alone have unstable boxes of water and assorted cleaning fluids on it!
You'd hate mine, in that case. Hell, I use mine as a dining table for takeaways!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom