Just Checking in... (1 Viewer)

Ghoti

Flush
Reaction score
Hi guys. Been on here almost a year now and thought it's about time I introduce myself. My name's Ryan (although a number of you know that already, for better or for worse!).

I got a brief glimpse into the chipping scene about 5 years ago. Found my way to another site and was quickly a bit discouraged at how expensive everything was. Nearly forgot about chips after that, but every now and then I'd google "Avalon poker chips" and admire those beautiful hot stamps. Fast forward to about a year ago and I was getting pretty sick of online poker. Not only was it getting incredibly boring sitting behind a screen for so long, but my son was about 1 at the time and putting in super late sessions then having to get up at 6.30 the next morning was taking it's toll. So I decided to look for a set of poker chips and start hosting some games. I pretty much immediately found this site and since then my perspective has changed a bit, to say the least!

Have interacted with a bunch of you guys already and you're a lovely bunch. Makes dropping thousands of dollars that much less painful (that, and riffling stacks of buttery clay goodness).

I'm from Northern California and also lived in the LA area for a while. Moved to Austria about 6 and a half years ago and now live here with my wife and 2 year old boy. We're expecting our second child end of September! What a ride, this having kids stuff. Had my cpc sample set out a few hours ago and was working with my son on the colors in English (he has them down pretty well in German already).

I'll try and get the camera out within the next few days and take some photos of my sets and other stuff to post in here.

Thanks for listening, and for all the help and knowledge I've gained over the past year.

Hi guys. Been on here almost a year now and thought it's about time I introduce myself. My name's Ryan (although a number of you know that already, for better or for worse!).

I got a brief glimpse into the chipping scene about 5 years ago. Found my way to another site and was quickly a bit discouraged at how expensive everything was. Nearly forgot about chips after that, but every now and then I'd google "Avalon poker chips" and admire those beautiful hot stamps. Fast forward to about a year ago and I was getting pretty sick of online poker. Not only was it getting incredibly boring sitting behind a screen for so long, but my son was about 1 at the time and putting in super late sessions then having to get up at 6.30 the next morning was taking it's toll. So I decided to look for a set of poker chips and start hosting some games. I pretty much immediately found this site and since then my perspective has changed a bit, to say the least!

Have interacted with a bunch of you guys already and you're a lovely bunch. Makes dropping thousands of dollars that much less painful (that, and riffling stacks of buttery clay goodness).

I'm from Northern California and also lived in the LA area for a while. Moved to Austria about 6 and a half years ago and now live here with my wife and 2 year old boy. We're expecting our second child end of September! What a ride, this having kids stuff. Had my cpc sample set out a few hours ago and was working with my son on the colors in English (he has them down pretty well in German already).

I'll try and get the camera out within the next few days and take some photos of my sets and other stuff to post in here.

Thanks for listening, and for all the help and knowledge I've gained over the past year.
Welcome. You are off to a great re-start.
David O

Looking forward to seeing that pron! I know what a good chunk of it is (the little heads up set that kept growing!) :)

Ah, beautiful area. We have friends who live in Vienna, and a bit further south of you in Goberling.
Nice! I had never heard of Goberling--had to look it up. My wife is from the Graz area. Absolutley beautiful, this country. My brother-in-law is a climber and he got me into it a bit. That's the way to see Austria: hiking in the Alps. Breathtaking stuff.

Looking forward to seeing that pron! I know what a good chunk of it is (the little heads up set that kept growing!) :)
Ha! It is one hell of a heads up set. And it's only grown since I've gotten it.

Welcome aboard Ghoti! I'm sure you're excited for the Atlantic Club chips to be produced as am I!(y) :thumbsup:

G'day Ryan, have enjoyed our little interactions thus far mate :). Austria is a beautiful part of the world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom