July 15th, 2015... quite possibly to be the longest day ever (2 Viewers)

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
I am taking my 14 year old daughter and one of her friends to this:

tumblr_inline_npzsrjPikC1qzxlbn_500.png

Think "one-day Lollapalooza for a younger crowd".

Three hour drive to the Buffalo area, doors open @ 11ish so we'll be there by 9am, runs until at least 9pm and after making our way out, fighting through the parking lot and driving 3 hours home the day is going to be 5:30am - 2am. Hoping against hope that all of their bands play early(ish) and the girls are so tired they want to leave early!

Good points... current forecast isn't supposed to be overly hot. Never heard of 92% of the bands but I do know a handful of them. Mallory Knox and Black Veil Brides aren't half bad and Pierce the Veil is really very good (high energy live, we've seen them before and I'd see them without her). Didn't have to buy myself a ticket because parent gets in free. They have an air conditioned "parents tent" where we old people can get away with 80's movies showing and such. This venue is on the same property as an amusement park, depending on personal comfort levels with the entire thing I can go ride some coasters to pass some time.

Oh, the things we do for our kids! My 15 year old son just got his temps on Thursday... as if I didn't have enough to stress over ;)

The daughters summertime hair color (and yes, I am the type of parent who strongly supports this type of thing ;) )

11390027_10206971183981638_6325968389365454916_n.jpg
tumblr_inline_npzsrjPikC1qzxlbn_500.png

Thank you for making me feel ridiculously old. I don't recognize any bands on that line up and it has only been 5 or 6 years since I last went to a Warped Tour.

so far H2o is the only good act on that list I see. August burns red is pretty sweet too though

Frak, warped tour used to be punk but now its just all trendy emo metal and other assorted loafs of shit

so far H2o is the only good act on that list I see. August burns red is pretty sweet too though
I will definitely look in to these two tomorrow... if anyone else knows and likes any bands on the list lemme know!

spikeithard said:
Frak, warped tour used to be punk but now its just all trendy emo metal and other assorted loafs of shit
EMO METAL! Had no idea how to classify many of the bands my daughter likes... always said they are what you get if you breed One Direction with Slipknot. Pierce the Veil and Bring Me the Horizon are really very good but I can't get in to most of her bands.

h20 is a classic NY hardcore band that I grew up with.

August Burns is a newer post hardcore band but the drummer is absolutely insane and worth the price of admission just for him alone

either way it will be a day filled with monstered up authority hating kids full of angst and hormones. enjoy :)

h20 is a classic NY hardcore band that I grew up with.

August Burns is a newer post hardcore band but the drummer is absolutely insane and worth the price of admission just for him alone

either way it will be a day filled with monstered up authority hating kids full of angst and hormones. enjoy :)
Looks like I have some new music to seek out...

Expanding our horizons and taste in music will keep us young. I hope you have a great time!

Still better than a Biebs concert, good luck Ronoh!
Thankfully she was never into that guy. Did take her to One Direction last summer and that was almost exactly what I had always pictured Beatlemania to be like.

Expanding our horizons and taste in music will keep us young. I hope you have a great time!
I've always been a fan of the general type of music that will be played... It's the fact that I don't know the bands, the much younger crowd, the long day and fact that I'll pretty much be all alone out there thats gonna beat my ass. I'm sure the girls will be squeezing their way to the front for whatever bands they want to see so probably won't see much of them except "we are fine" texts between sets.

Thanks Jeff, very happy WCB is only a week after the show, I'm gonna need it ;)

Did take her to One Direction last summer and that was almost exactly what I had always pictured Beatlemania to be like.

The girls back then would scream through the entire concert and throw jelly beans at them. Today, the girls are busy texting and posting to Facebook during the performance. (A ticket to a Beatles show was $6 in 1964.)

Was absolutely one of the longest days of my life but it could have been a lot worse. Temp topped out at 70 with a nice breeze all day so weather was awesome. Saw very little of the girls most of the day so I wandered in and out of sets and spent a good amount of time just lounging on the hill in front of one of the (probably the worst) stages.

Best bands I saw, Black Veil Brides and Miss May I (never heard of them before) were both great.

Obligatory perv shots, first one does her no justice what-so-ever.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437019383.608501.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437019402.412000.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom