JTs, middle possition, late in the session (1 Viewer)

You say he's a semi-aggro calling station. I'd check jam. Sure, he may have a better ten, or even pocket sixes, but if this guy is a stuck calling station like you say then his calling range also includes worse tens and kings. Plus, if he only has a missed draw, you may as well let him try to steal the pot.

I like this for a couple of reasons:

-This could look like an attempt on our part to steal having missed a open-ender.
-It's hard to rep trips, so Villain could very well look us up with a hand like KQ or KJ.

I'm still waiting for him to jam with AT though...

I like this for a couple of reasons:

-This could look like an attempt on our part to steal having missed a open-ender.
-It's hard to rep trips, so Villain could very well look us up with a hand like KQ or KJ.

I'm still waiting for him to jam with AT though...

Always possible but given his range I think I'm more siding with Chippy here (a horrifying proposition. [emoji33]) his range is so wide he could have a lot of hands that pay you off here. I get more of a "he doesn't buy we have anything" vibe than a "he's legitimate" vibe from the way this has played out.

*** The end ***

Hero bets $40. CO snap folds saying he has a kicker problem. Unlike many hand Hero plays, this time we don't get to see all the hands.

From my experience with CO - he snap calls or more with any ten. He might fold K-rag but only after some thinking - I would give even money that CO calls with K8 - K2. Maybe his range is A) broad way draw, B) 6x (bottom pair on the flop), C) pocket pair less than KK

As for Old Man Coffee - I can't find a single hand that fit his normal range that he calls preflop, calls flop, folds the turn. So I think OMC takes a flier on the flop with a gut shot, middle or bottom pair. (he didn't look sick after the river, so not likely middle pair.)

DrStrange

Curious about your half pot river bet size and plan, doc. Were you folding to a shove from CO?

He could have had a pocket pair like sevens, eights, or nines, and was waiting to see if you would fire again on the turn. I would assume you are c-betting the flop with AQ and AJ with some frequency, and OMC probably knows this.

Hero's river plan: Bet small enough that villain might call with K-rag, the primary hand in villain's range (prior to the snap fold). The $12 turn bet didn't look very strong, King-rag didn't get an improved kicker from the paired board so Hero is betting what he hopes can be called by a weak top pair hand.

Hero is calling a shove (villain has 200 - 5 - 12 -12 - 40 = 131 left. Pot would be 78 + 40 +40 + 131 = 280 giving Hero a little better than 2-1 on the call. Villain might well have T2 or any other ten but would be less likely to jam with T2.) Hero wouldn't be happy to see a jam, but the call seems profitable enough.

DrStrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom