Jpietrella: Original Foxwoods Cash Set (1 Viewer)

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'll be adding some additional pictures to this since I got a quick minute to take a family photo but for now just a big thank you to @upNdown for agreeing to pass the torch on this one and keeping it local. Also a big thanks to @DMack for passing on FROR so we could keep this entire thing intact.

Foxwoods was founded back in 1986 as a high stakes bingo hall operated on the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe reservation in Ledyard, CT. I started playing poker closer to the end of life for the set shown here which are the original Foxwoods chips when they opened the poker room in 1995, but I cut my teeth at this poker room for a long time, starting hilariously at the $2/$4 limit game advancing to the $5/$10 game w/full kill before eventually shifting to NL when they increased the buy-in limit (used to be $100 max :LOL: :laugh::vomit:) and swapped to a rake rather than timed games (1/2 used to be $5 every 30 minutes) for $1/$2 NL. These days I'm generally playing $2/$5 unless I'm playing $1/$2 while on the wait list and can occasionally be found at the $5/$10 NL game when I'm able to make the hour and 40 minute drive from Boston.

The Foxwoods Poker Room is now the largest poker room outside of CA and is the third largest in the world behind Commerce and The Bike

Chip breakdown and pattern/colors:
1159 chips total

• $0.25: small Modified Star inlay, THC, solid day blue: 200x (@Gear shape-milled hotstamps)
  • $1:
    • small Round inlay, THC, solid White: 330x
    • giant Round inlay, THC, solid White: 95x
  • $2.50: small Round inlay, THC, Pink with Lilac/Fuschia 414: 132x
  • $5: small Hub inlay, THC, Cherry Red with Mauve/Day Blue 3D14: 142x
  • $10: special edition Round inlay, THC, solid Charcoal: 41x
  • $25:
    • small Notched inlay, THC, Dark Green with Maroon/Pink 414 (primary): 213x
    • small Notched inlay, THC, Dark Green with Sky Blue/Radiant Red 4D14 (secondary): 2x
  • $100:
    • large Round Hologram inlay, RHC, Black with Canary Yellow/Blaze 8V: 2x
    • small Gear inlay, THC, Black with Pink 414: 2x

Sometime in the near future, I'll be adding 2 racks of Day Blue solids to use as quarters. Quarters are shape-milled, leaded, day blue hot stamps and labeled by @Gear (I provided vector art, with some modifications by @Gear). I originally planned on using some leaded maroon solids, but the color on the 414s was just slightly more purple-ish than the solids and the color samples - I'm not really sure why, perhaps a different mixture? Anyway, the Day Blue goes really well because it really makes the inlay art pop since it's pretty close in color.

I've redrawn the Foxwoods inlay art as a vector and I'll be shape-milling the hot stamps. Not sure yet on shape, but I'll probably go with Star shape (the original 414 $100s used the Gear shape, so that's kind of reserved if I ever find one).

PXL_20221009_173749953.jpg

Last edited:
I'm planning on shape-milling the quarters for this set with @Gear labels using some great day blue, leaded hot stamps. Does anyone have any strong opinions as to what shape I should use or would fit best with a 90's era set? Hub, Notched and Gear (original $100, but I have zero) are already accounted for. Scallop seems best, but I also really like Star and Saw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom