jpietrella: Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past Set (1 Viewer)

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So this is probably a longer term passion project. I'm focusing on a couple of other sets that will be used frequently so these are on the back burner at the moment.

Anyway, started building these for myself, but likely ultimately for my daughter (Zelda) when she's old enough to inherit something.

Some of these need milling, some need to be de-labeled and some need a deep cleaning. I've rotated some colors in and out along the way but I think I'm happy with these shades: metallic gold, horizon blue, day green, blaze orange, fuschia, cherry red, canary yellow. I'm also adding a 3rd rack of day green which isn't pictured here.

Denominations will follow typical rupee values and I think I preferred the value to color structure from Twilight Princess:

• Metallic Gold: frac, probably non-denominational
  • Day Green: 1 rupee
  • Horizon Blue: 5 rupees
  • Canary Yellow: 10 rupees
  • Cherry Red: 20 rupees
  • Fuschia: 50 rupees
  • Blaze Orange: 100 rupees
I'd love to find a barrel of metallic silver for a 200-rupee chip, but I've never seen solids outside of a color sample chip.

PXL_20211117_193026773.jpg

PXL_20211117_193031212.jpg

PXL_20211117_193036508.jpg

PXL_20211117_193043382.jpg

I forgot to mention, all of these chips will eventually need custom labels. I'm relatively proficient in Photoshop and AI, but these will require the expert finesse of a designer.

I don't really have any thoughts on design other than incorporating rupees for each chip and the Triforce for the metallic gold.

If any designers here have an interest in The Legend of Zelda and have time for a project - get at me!

I'm very excited for this project and will be watching your progression with interest. My son's a huge Zelda fan as was I back in the day Have always intended to get a triforce tattoo just never seem to have the time or the money at the same time. Loving the colours and the concept, please keep posting as you go so we can follow.

Great idea. Might make a small bunch myself for sample sets. Grey is a reasonable sub for silver and yellow for gold and is way way easier.

Beautiful colors! This set is so fun! Those horizon blues are great, it’s my favorite blue and you don’t see racks of those often

Thanks!

Horizon blue is a great color. I think I'd sub out the red for radiant red or royal red if I could find a rack of them because I think the lighter, more vibrant shades work a bit better, but if not the cherry works. Luckily, I likely have some time.

Very cool idea man! I may design some mockup inlays for this just as a fun little thing on the side. I've always been a huge fan of Zelda games. Excited to see more later down the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom