Jpietrella: Custom 43mm Relabel Cash Set (1 Viewer)

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I was all fine and mostly content with the sets I had. Then I tried out some 43mm sets. *sigh* I mostly blame @upNdown and @sheikh617.

Anyways, I thought this might take forever, but I've made it just about far enough for it to be playable. Still no idea what I'm going to do for an inlay, but I suspect it'll have some sort of Boston or Charlestown theme to it. And I need to find a designer.

Current breakdown:
$0.25: 100x
$1: 200x
$5: 400x
$25: 100x
$100: 20x

Made some significant changes to the lineup for frac, $1, $20 and $100 chips and got rid of the $500 chip. I like this a lot better.

Blew this lineup up one more time and after taking a bath on some of the chips, I think we've landed on a winner. Need to get everything together to decide on whether or not to keep all denoms 43mm by using the gray chip as $100, or, add in the white Fat Hats as the $100 chip. I'm leaning towards the latter but either way this'll be a fantastic cali lineup.

lineup.png

Attachments

• lineup.png
    lineup.png
    382.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Trying to have a perfect “progression” with these 43mm relabel sets is always super tough. If you like the chips, that’s enough. This is a sweet set, guest set pls!!

Please no murder on those GV!

Fuck those kids. Nah jk, I agree with this. Will save money for murder costs too.
Normally, I'd agree with you. But is there anything great about these inlays? They're not textured, the art seems terrible (IMO) and they're not actually shaped. If I decide to do full relabels, I'd be open to other suggestions or trades for a replacement to try to save them.

Find local historical building you like associated with illegal activities in the prohibition era. Have artist make a rendering of said building.

Call it "The Blind Tiger"

Normally, I'd agree with you. But is there anything great about these inlays? They're not textured, the art seems terrible (IMO) and they're not actually shaped. If I decide to do full relabels, I'd be open to other suggestions or trades for a replacement to try to save them.
Those are all excellent points. I try not to murder chips with some history that are usable as is in other sets but ultimately I also think it's better the chips see play. Either way........ bring that shit over when done :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welp, those were some quick changes. I think the updated lineup in the OP works a lot better.

This is changing again, slightly. Bringing in the SB T25 to use as the frac and the MS 5k will be used as a cali $100. I'm trying to use the Paulson chip tool resource here and I'm realizing I don't know exact colors of base chips and 8vs. Can anyone who has these and a sample set or just happens to know, help? Here are my guesses:

• SB T25 - day green, Hawaii flower and lilac 8v
  • SB T5k - blue grain, carnation and white 8v
  • Grand Vic $1k prim - blaze orange (old), day blue and metallic gold 8v
  • SB T500 - orchid, canary yellow and carrot 8v
  • Majestic Star $5k - showboat grey, salmon and sky blue 8v
  • RPC $1k - arc yellow, off white and horizon blue 8v

Tooling around with these. I'd love to have all the denoms as faux-shaped inlays, all scallop. I noticed the poker chip design tool here doesn't support shaped inlays for 48mm. Any chance that can be added? @Tommy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom