JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - Custom Tina Set Showcase (2 Viewers)

nauseant

High Hand
Reaction score
I've been working this project for a little while and finally received my chips and would like to showcase them!

I had to re-learn illustrator and @mattross1313 was kind enough to give my work a once over to ensure they were print ready so many thanks again!

I wanted a chip set that meant a lot to me and my players as huge anime fans, I understand this set won't appeal to the masses so I thought I'd lean all the way into a set just for me using British denominations and narcissistically putting my own name on the chips.

I also play with a variety of people from absolute amateurs to people I've played with for 10 years+ so wanted a set that could cover games from 5p/5p all the way up to £1/£2

I do have full intentions of getting some £100 Plaques in the future to accommodate higher stakes games (Although I doubt we will ever play that high).

The set is heavily inspired by JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, one of my favourite anime that uses such bright colours and imagery I felt would work well in chips. I wanted each chip to encompass each character and their abilities and this is the design I settled with;

JoJo Chips - Final.png

hopefully from this you can easily tell which chip represents which character without any prior knowledge;

Cover-750x800.png

I'm super happy with the way they turned out even with the communication issues with dealing with Tina and the painful shipping experience from UPS.

group1.jpg

group2.jpg

group3.jpg
group4.jpg

splashpot1.jpg

splashpot2.jpg

The 5p chip is based on Girona Giovanna, the protagonist of the series

5p.jpg

The 25p chip is based on Guido Mista

25p.jpg

The £1 Chip is based on Bruno Bucciarati

£1.jpg

The £5 chip is based on Narancia Ghirga

£5.jpg

The £25 chip is based on Panacotta Fugo

£25.jpg

And finally the show 'em chips are based on Leone Abbachio

Show 'em.jpg

Thanks for reading and checking out my new cash chip set!

Awesome chip set! My goal is to also make a CPC set, Illustrator definitely has me a little setback as Ill have to go through a learning curve.

Did you find it not to bad to learn?

Awesome chip set! My goal is to also make a CPC set, Illustrator definitely has me a little setback as Ill have to go through a learning curve.

Did you find it not to bad to learn?

Thanks!

To be honest I knew how to use illustrator as I used to do a little freelance graphic design work but I've just not used it in like 6 year's so had to re-learn. I moved over to Photoshop because I wasn't creating vectors and just doing art. I do believe it is pretty simple if you dedicate just a day to learn the basic processes.

I'm no expert by any means but I know enough to get by, Google is always my best friend on stuff like this haha

Any reason you didnt want an image of the characters on the "inlay" or a numeral ?

I really like the colour choices you have gone with and personally would have love to have seen the characters on at least one side of the chip.

Any reason you didnt want an image of the characters on the "inlay" or a numeral ?

I really like the colour choices you have gone with and personally would have love to have seen the characters on at least one side of the chip.

The main reason was I'm not the best at vectorising an existing image haha, especially a complex image like a character.

I'm also designing a dealer button showing all the characters, a cloth for my table as well as the back design of a custom plastic deck, these will feature the characters in places so it may have been overkill to have a rendered out image of them in the chip.

I also wanted this to be a nice looking chip from an outside perspective that didn't just scream anime so that if you know you know but if not it's still a pretty chip to play with.

There were lots of things I learned from this process and got some things in the works for a more elaborate tournament set in the future! (After I've fully completed this set)

Last edited:
I really dig these. The time and effort paid off big time. The 25p chip in particular is great, and I'm also a big fan of the "Show 'em" chip.

I look forward to seeing the other swag that you come up with. While I'm not a follower of the series, I am at least "anime-adjacent" - I appreciate seeing a theme that isn't exactly commonplace in the poker chip community make such a bold chip set.

I really dig these. The time and effort paid off big time. The 25p chip in particular is great, and I'm also a big fan of the "Show 'em" chip.

I look forward to seeing the other swag that you come up with. While I'm not a follower of the series, I am at least "anime-adjacent" - I appreciate seeing a theme that isn't exactly commonplace in the poker chip community make such a bold chip set.

Much appreciated! I'm glad other people like the set

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom