Johnny Chan gave me the stink eye this morning (mini trip report) (1 Viewer)

xt!

Pair
Reaction score
So I'm at the Bellagio this weekend - played 5-10 PLO all Weds night in Cincy before catching a 7 AM flight to Vegas. I was in a 5-10 NLHE game by 10 AM. The game was good, but my game was rusty - I haven't really played HE for a long time. Game got bad so I left small loser in the game. I come back a few hrs later after some sleep and the game was worse - full of high level thinking pros trying to level each other. I got stuck between two guys leveling and got out full housed on a 66d9d - J board, with JJ calling the flop ultra light. Oh well. Go over to Aria, wait for 2 hrs to get into a 2-5 PLO with a $10 rock from the heavens (good game, players sucked) The game breaks so I go back to Bellagio to get some dinner and drinks in the poker room. I get on the board for 4-8LHE. I haven't played LHE for years so I don't want in the real games.

I walk up to the high limit area, talk to a few guys I know from a couple yrs ago and I get offered a seat in a 6 handed 10-20 with five very good regs Ive played with before and 1 unknown. I decline. Johnny Chan is behind me playing some black/purple chip limit mix and I say "hey" to a guy he's playing with that I also kinda/sorta know from the past couple yrs.
Just then the floor walks up and says "your 4/8 seat is ready"

I sit in the 4/8 game and order three drinks and a pizza. The drinks are gone and replaced before the pizza arrives and I start offering drinks to everyone, give away half my pizza after bitching about paying too much for it even after the comps and I start playing 4/8 limit like a guy who is there to get hammered. Woman on my right ask about my camo shirt and asks if I was there for a gun show, so I offered her tickets to the gun show. LIG.

Then it happens. Some drunk obnoixious profane loudmouth (me) raises in EP. I starts asking the dealer for four fours on the flop. I just keep calling for fours. The whole table calls laughing along and start also calling for fours. the flop is 4 8 A. I ask how many fours are out there and get 3 bets in. I call for a four on the turn and I get it. I bet my four turn, get a call and call for a four on the river. the river is an 8, so I announce "that's like two fours so I'd better bet" as soon as I get all the calls I announce quads. Nobody believed me, even when I showed my four four people still didn't believe me.

So I rake this huge $43 pot and I'm drunk and loud and getting hit on by all these beautiful women and then Johnny Fucking Chan walks by my table on the way back to his and gives me the dirtiest stink eye I've ever received. Presumably because this drunk 4-8 idiot was eyeballing the bigger games 45 minutes earlier. But what do I know, I've never talked to him.

I'm off to Aria. Have fun kids.

I hear he is not difficult to put a move on. If playing stud with him and he 3-bets you, just put in the 4th bet and he will fold like a girl*

​*who is not Kimi

I vote for more regular XT posts, love reading your TR's and Strat advice

300/600 LHE Mike D. bought in for 10 BBs and got Johnny F-ing Chan to fold to his 5 bet. He didn't remember his cards when Johnny asked, but later he told Joey Knish he had rags.

Reactions: xt!
Here's some strat advice: don't leave the best plo city in the world to fly to Vegas and fight grinders in NLHE just to realize you fell out of love with the game and all you want is the majesty of some PLO. But seriously - these guys were bad last night. I watched a guy shovel in 2k with KK49 no suits vs the most obvious aces ever and then I waited 2 hrs to play the game.

So I'm playing 2-5 plo with a rock. It limps to me and I sweeten the pot to 30 with 9c2c6x6x. Flop comes 66jcc. I checks to me. I say something like "30 is the bet of the day" and toss out some chips. and I get check raised to 130. Guy has 500 more behind. Wwyd?

So I'm playing 2-5 plo with a rock. It limps to me and I sweeten the pot to 30 with 9c2c6x6x. Flop comes 66jcc. I checks to me. I say something like "30 is the bet of the day" and toss out some chips. and I get check raised to 130. Guy has 500 more behind. Wwyd?

Ship it? Rocks do not c/r with bare FDs on paired boards. He has JJ or (rarely) absolute air - he's not going to fire again with absolute air after getting called, and if he has JJ we don't want him to somehow convince himself he's no good if an A/K/Q comes off.

Also, don't get the sweet and sour soup at pf changs.

WTF? Who goes to Vegas and eats at PF Changs??? :eek:

So I'm at the Bellagio this weekend - played 5-10 PLO all Weds night in Cincy before catching a 7 AM flight to Vegas. I was in a 5-10 NLHE game by 10 AM. The game was good, but my game was rusty - I haven't really played HE for a long time. Game got bad so I left small loser in the game. I come back a few hrs later after some sleep and the game was worse - full of high level thinking pros trying to level each other. I got stuck between two guys leveling and got out full housed on a 66d9d - J board, with JJ calling the flop ultra light. Oh well. Go over to Aria, wait for 2 hrs to get into a 2-5 PLO with a $10 rock from the heavens (good game, players sucked) The game breaks so I go back to Bellagio to get some dinner and drinks in the poker room. I get on the board for 4-8LHE. I haven't played LHE for years so I don't want in the real games.

I walk up to the high limit area, talk to a few guys I know from a couple yrs ago and I get offered a seat in a 6 handed 10-20 with five very good regs Ive played with before and 1 unknown. I decline. Johnny Chan is behind me playing some black/purple chip limit mix and I say "hey" to a guy he's playing with that I also kinda/sorta know from the past couple yrs.
Just then the floor walks up and says "your 4/8 seat is ready"

I sit in the 4/8 game and order three drinks and a pizza. The drinks are gone and replaced before the pizza arrives and I start offering drinks to everyone, give away half my pizza after bitching about paying too much for it even after the comps and I start playing 4/8 limit like a guy who is there to get hammered. Woman on my right ask about my camo shirt and asks if I was there for a gun show, so I offered her tickets to the gun show. LIG.

Then it happens. Some drunk obnoixious profane loudmouth (me) raises in EP. I starts asking the dealer for four fours on the flop. I just keep calling for fours. The whole table calls laughing along and start also calling for fours. the flop is 4 8 A. I ask how many fours are out there and get 3 bets in. I call for a four on the turn and I get it. I bet my four turn, get a call and call for a four on the river. the river is an 8, so I announce "that's like two fours so I'd better bet" as soon as I get all the calls I announce quads. Nobody believed me, even when I showed my four four people still didn't believe me.

So I rake this huge $43 pot and I'm drunk and loud and getting hit on by all these beautiful women and then Johnny Fucking Chan walks by my table on the way back to his and gives me the dirtiest stink eye I've ever received. Presumably because this drunk 4-8 idiot was eyeballing the bigger games 45 minutes earlier. But what do I know, I've never talked to him.

I'm off to Aria. Have fun kids.

Top Ten Reasons Why Johnny Fucking Chan gave XT El Stink Eye
#10 - Johnny Chan hasn't dragged a $43 pot in a long time
#9 - You look like Mike McD
#8 - Johnny likes pizza, and you didn't offer him any
#7 - That stink eye is his normal eye. His real stink eye is when he moons you
#6 - You failed to prostate yourself and pay homage
#5 - The guy you said "Hey" to stole Johnny's orange and penetrated it with his pecker
#4 - Number 4 on this list was just an excuse for me to type "penetrated" and "pecker" in the same sentence.
#3 - I did it again in number 3, and you hardly even noticed. God, I love this site.
#2 - He has a horse at the 4/8 LHE game and you busted him with your whiney incessant pleas for fours.
#1 - He thought you were E-Dog and owed him fantasy football money.

Call quick.
Hope he hold AcXcJJ
Hope a club comes.
Hope a jack doesn't come.
Hope to at any point turn or river, to shovel all the moneys into the middle.
Prepare for the jacks never win speech.

Mike

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

PS, the only thing to pick up at a PF Chang's is usually the hostess. Sometimes the waitress.

Mike

Snap fold against rock, snap pot against Berg.

I shippedy shipped it all in. He says "what do you have, jj?" As he folds. I should have shown the 92cc and announced a fd.

Pot-pot-Jam against rock. Ask if you can add more money to your stack on the table against Tim and get ready for him to runner-runner you with quad 9s.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Snap fold quads?

He didn't even read the post. He replies to every strat thread with this. He's like a poker strategy monkey. Guinny Guinness want banana? (rubs face) Who's a good Guinny Guinness.

Call, then check Jam the turn.

^ This. And call s.l.o.w.l.y.... like it's the worst call of your poker life, while giving him your best Johnny Chan stink-eye. Then push the turn jam in at light-speed (with stink-eye repeat).

I'm playing 8-16 o8 and I haven't won a hand in 2 hrs... which if you've ever played o8 with me, you know isn't for a lack of trying.

i just called a raise from btn with 3445hhdd. 3 handed flop kqtssc. Both players look disgusted by it so I bet. 1 fold. Turn 9s. He checks I bet he folds. Ship it. Not even big enough to trigger a kill but it was my pot damnit.

I'm playing 8-16 o8 and I haven't won a hand in 2 hrs... which if you've ever played o8 with me, you know isn't for a lack of trying.

i just called a raise from btn with 3445hhdd. 3 handed flop kqtssc. Both players look disgusted by it so I bet. 1 fold. Turn 9s. He checks I bet he folds. Ship it. Not even big enough to trigger a kill but it was my pot damnit.

That pot wasn't going to buy itself!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom