Jobs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinMcresty

High Hand
Reaction score
What do you work as? How long have you been working there? Do you enjoy your job? Is it what you hope to be doing a few years from now? I work in an office in the hospitality industry. It is not very exciting but it is OK. I hope to go to work somewhere else at some stage though. How about you? What does your job involve?

I work as a police officer in a small town, and have been for the past 22 years.

The down side is the town is just outside the state's largest city, which means we're busy.

I've always enjoyed the job, but the downturn in the economy is really hitting the officers hard. Our workload is up (because there are fewer people working in the area and crime is up), and our town is cutting everywhere it can -- including our staff, salary and health care.

Last edited:
Warehouse Operator in the Chemical industry. Company is global, but Canada seems to be a dwindling market. I was initially optimistic I could stay until retirement. Now I am wondering if I can last 5 more years here.

I work as an Affiliate Marketer. Yep I have mastered a way to generate a full time income from home. Its is really program to do. If you read up on it and take the right steps, you can branch out into it and make some good money.

I work at the 2nd biggest dairy in the us alta dena dairy .yess I'm a milk man ;)

RR Communications and Signal Inspector/Foreman here. My dept installs and maintains signals, track switches, track circuits, crossings, DED detectors (checks if trains are dragging anything), hot boxes (checks trains wheels/bearings/axles for overheating) and all communications. (radio, tele, networks, etc)

About 4 years ago I started a turbo rebuilding and upgrading business. I had to do it "part time" while I worked at my regular job at Ecolab in finance in order to support myself. Probably 6 months after starting my business my dad who is a machinist retired from his job so he bought into the business and became my business partner. After about 3 1/2 years the business grew big enough that I felt comfortable giving up my job at Ecolab. It was one of the best decisions of my life and I've never looked back! I definitely count myself lucky that I can do something I love and am passionate about. I miss the amazing 401k plan and benefits which I don't have now but the business is growing each year and I'm in it for the long run (only 27 so I've got a lot of years left to work lol) so I don't mind making some sacrifices right now.

Nice mr cheese now I know were to go for turbo for my challenger ;)

Nice mr cheese now I know were to go for turbo for my challenger ;)

Haha yeah we do all kinds of turbo upgrades, rebuilds, and we sell new ones. What kind of Challenger do you have? (Base, RT, or SRT8)?

I am retired, my expertise is in rare wine. I bought, sold, and appraised (and drank) for about 18 years and retired young.

That sounds like a pretty good gig you had going there although being able to spend all your time at home looking at your huge chip collection would be pretty great too!

That sounds like a pretty good gig you had going there although being able to spend all your time at home looking at your huge chip collection would be pretty great too!

It was a lot of fun but I can't complain about my current situation :)

I'm an IT developer...have been for 20 years. Most of that time (16 yrs) has been as a mainframe developer/dba for enterprise applications (CICS, COBOL, etc), with stints as a Unix admin, and Windows admin for another 4-5 years along the way. The past few years has been more acting as a support resource for other developers. Not very exciting, but it pays the bills. And with fewer and fewer recruits knowing anything about mainframes, my job should be safe, at least for a few more years.

Little did I know that a non-credit course I took in COBOL as part of my Comp Sci degree would determine the course of my career.

Project Coordinator in the Drug Metabolism department of one of the world's largest drug development companies. It's a desk job and I review, interpret, and draw conclusions from pre-clinical and clinical data. I've been with the company for 7 1/2 years and love what I do.

I am a rigger/oiler for a crane company I have been here for 5-6 years on and off hoping no more off time they just expanded so we are really busy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Thought if post this here
We put a fishing boat back in the water after a engine overhaul

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389574229.194557.jpg

Cool! I will need to use something like that to get a new prefab shed into my back yard. Maybe not as heavy duty as that though.

Financial modeling for life insurance company. I'd much prefer working for myself serving small businesses in analytics and automation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom