Joann fabric 60% off suckered me into buying vinyl (1 Viewer)

Strike1st

Straight
Reaction score
Well...I'm assuming for the fugly poker table thread...I was with my wife at Joann and ended up buying some vinyl. They have 60% off through tomorrow. I didn't know what vinyl to get but I saw this matte black vinyl that caught my eye. It was listed as upholstery vinyl. Spralding is the brand. It was $24.99 a yard so I got it for $9.99 a yard .

The headliner foam they had seemed kind of thin...anyone use it? It was $17.99 a yard. No density listed. If it's decent I'll grab some tomorrow with another 60% off coupon. This is all going with Navy SSC from YAT.

The headliner foam is just ok. It's not very dense. If I had a choice, I'd go with better quality for the surface foam, but I know of others that have used this headliner foam with satisfactory results. IBe used it on some side tables, and it's a softer squish ire feel.

I've used the headliner on a topper and a folding table and I like it fine. Under tight SSC, I think it gets a bit of pre-compression and seems stiffer but thinner, compared to just having a sample between your fingers. Picking up cards and stacking chips is great. I've heard people complain about the sounds chips make when they impact the table material through the foam. I haven't noticed that, but I could imagine some people might find that problem. If they do, they tend to prefer volara, I think (which is much stiffer, by reputation).

I have built several tables using headliner foam and vinyl from JoAnn's Fabrics. Great deals when combined with their 60% off coupons. As AT mentioned, once under compression beneath SSC, it works just fine.

All of my folding table-toppers use headliner.

Spradling makes a lot of different vinyls, but they're a good company. They're the manufacturer of whisper vinyl.

Great deals there! I have made several toppers and poker tables using fabric, foam, and vynil all from Joanns.

I built tables with both Volara and headliner foam. I much prefer the softer feel of the headliner foam. I'm not sure I've noticed a difference in sound.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom