JJ to Trips in NL $.50-1 Got Flushed Out (1 Viewer)

iamniko

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi guys new here :) thanks in advance for your help. Making some big mistakes I hope I can learn from them. . Sorry can’t get the hand history :(. Was playing mobile GGpoker

Hero has JJ in big blind. 3 limpers I raise to 6$. First mistake. This table is extremely aggressive with raises lots of all in and big raises all the time. Don’t really know how to deal with this but my 100$ buy in wasn’t enough.

I had 133$

Pot is like 34 or something.

All people call Flop comes something like 5 ❤️ J ❤️ 3 diamond ♦️.

I raise 28$.
Everyone folds except 1 player with 10 ❤️ 6 ❤️

Mistake 2: I should of went all in.

Turn Q ❤️. I check. Villain goes all in.

Big Mistake 3: I call. He has flush Hero REKT.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Niko

Generally a cooler as you are at the top of your range but consider folding to the turn shove because as played does V ever shove with a hand you beat here? Maybe QJo with a single heart? But with the visible Jh and Qh those combos aren’t possible. So what hands does V take this line with that you beat? Plus at these stakes they pretty much always have it unless you have a player specific read. IMHO you need to be able to find a fold here to be a winning player.

Thanks so much man really appreciate it. I’m thinking maybe I should’ve raised to 15 preflop all these limpers called six dollars like nothing that’s all aggressive guys do I don’t know who’s in aggressive these guys are should I try to raise 15 more people fold? Yeah I should’ve taken Doug Polk fold more than Call strategy

Generally a cooler as you are at the top of your range but consider folding to the turn shove because as played does V ever shove with a hand you beat here? Maybe QJo with a single heart? But with the visible Jh and Qh those combos aren’t possible. So what hands does V take this line with that you beat? Plus at these stakes they pretty much always have it unless you have a player specific read. IMHO you need to be able to find a fold here to be a winning player.
Thanks so much man really appreciate it. I’m thinking maybe I should’ve raised to 15 preflop all these limpers called six dollars like nothing that’s all aggressive guys do I don’t know who’s in aggressive these guys are should I try to raise 15 more people fold? Yeah I should’ve taken Doug Polk fold more than Call strategy. Or pushed all in at flop?

I think raising larger pre is the right call considering the number of callers. How large do you need to go to get Th6h to fold? $12? As played jamming flop is +EV but that doesn’t mean all flush draws are folding so there’s still a chance you lose here no matter how u play. That’s poker

70CE16D3-97DB-4F49-A54C-AE8485892F17.png

Mistake 2: I should of went all in.
I don’t think so.
When you flop top set, on a 5h Jh 3d board, you’re going to win most of the time. You don’t want to go all in and chase out guys chasing the flush. Because even when he’s got two pocket hearts, he’s still only something like 1 in 3 to make that flush. You want to get as much of his money into that pot, so when you do win (which you usually will) you’ll win a lot.
If you want to play scared and try to chase him away on the flop, so you can win like $20, that’s up to you, but it isn’t smart poker.

Right. You’re winning that hand 74% of the time. You should want your $28 bet called, so you can win more money, 74% of the time.

This table is extremely aggressive with raises lots of all in and big raises all the time. Don’t really know how to deal with this but my 100$ buy in wasn’t enough.
You might be wrong here too, especially if you’re new to poker, or if those guys have a skill edge over you. 100 big blinds is generally considered plenty. Deeper stacks will always benefit the more skilled player.
You’re probably better off buying it at 100 big blinds, regardless of what the other guys have. Feel free to top off back up to 100, when you get down to 75 or 80. But no reason to put 200 or more on the table unless you know how to use it.

My advice: keep playing this against donks who call 6x pre-flop raises with T6 (“hey, it was sooted”) and then call big flop bets as a 3:1 dog. These spots suck, but it will be profitable long term.

The turn would have been a tough fold, because top set is always so pretty, but live and learn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom