JB's Thread (1 Viewer)

tallsbutler

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I always love the "blogs" of other members showing updates on their projects, photos from games they are hosting or playing in, showcasing their collections, etc. I thought I would start my own. I am looking for more ways to enjoy this hobby and website, without spending more money and chasing the dopamine hit of refreshing the classifieds (although I'll probably keep doing that too).

My interest in poker goes all the way back to like junior high school. I learned Texas Hold'em like everyone in the wave of the poker boom, late 90's early 2000's. I got in trouble for teaching the younger Boy Scouts how to play poker in the tent at camp. I played games for a buck with friends and family, whoever would play. Then I found ChipTalk and became slightly obsessed with collecting all of the things that go along with the game, including and especially, the chips.

I have followed this hobby a long time... sometimes as more of a lurker, and sometimes participating more.

Anyway. We play about once a month right now. .25/.25 cash games. Lots of fun, low stakes, but some walk away decent winners for the night and it feels pretty good when its you.

I have finally started accumulating a small collection of Paulsons. Right now I am really into the idea of having rotations of mixed sets. On poker night, pick a frac, pick a $1, pick a $5, that sort of thing. It's been fun.

Here is a little shot of what I have been collecting so far. And thanks to the members who have helped me get started again into Paulsons! There is nothing quite like them.

You'll hear from me, hopefully frequently, maybe just occasionally, in this thread. Thanks for reading!

JB

IMG_1176.JPG

I’m excited to host tomorrow night! Cash game .25/.25 with the occasional straddles. $20-$50 buy-ins and rebuys.

First mixed Paulson set going into play.

.25 - Gray Fitzgerald Reno
$1 - Aria
$5 - Jack Cincy

Aria $1 and Jack $5 are both recently cleaned and lightly oiled up. Excited for this combo!

44BAF8F3-93B8-4DD2-B12F-98349B7E4282.jpeg

Fun weekend in Vegas for a work conference. Stayed at Planet Hollywood which was convenient for me as I was trying to finish a second rack of $1 chips. Got everything I needed. Super easy actually. Saw Criss Angel’s Mindfreak show so I pocketed a $5 chip for the memories on that. Played in the evening tourney at MGM last night, finished 10th. And won enough playing craps at Circa to cover most everything. Fun times!

48D5C4C9-6544-47AE-9BFF-2BA280C190CB.jpeg

5C0096A4-4015-447D-958F-A4D1E527CAAE.jpeg

I got the same for my dining table (only realized afterwards I could get a better custom fit from vendors here). Really impressed with the quality, although would prefer without the giant ‘Triton’ logo in the middle.

D1562954-030B-4C8A-B35D-B81434DB26B6.jpeg

Two delicious complete racks of Planet Hollywoods! All cleaned up and ready to play. Thanks to members of this forum and the kind dealers at PH I now have enough to play with these beautiful chippies.

image.jpg

I’m excited to host tomorrow night! Cash game .25/.25 with the occasional straddles. $20-$50 buy-ins and rebuys.

First mixed Paulson set going into play.

.25 - Gray Fitzgerald Reno
$1 - Aria
$5 - Jack Cincy

Aria $1 and Jack $5 are both recently cleaned and lightly oiled up. Excited for this combo!

View attachment 1101001
Mixed Paulson set… Yes!

Do you ever just look at a chip in the right light and think “man, that’s a pretty chip!”?

I was diddlin’ with a couple Paris $1 on my walk today and had to take a picture of that brilliant blue!!

IMG_1748.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom