1566659550490.png

mc_bh_meetup2020.jpg

Meetup Chip:
31743b56-40e3-4fc3-83e4-4d7392e27c24.png

20191102_133914.jpg

When: June 26-27, 2020
Where: Iselin NJ
What: Inaugural Jersey PCF Meetup - The Barrel House Battle Royale

There will be poker, there will be chips, there will be Taylor Ham. Details to come......

------

Some quick points:
  • This will be a 2 day event, Friday & Saturday - cash games both days and a NLHE main event tourney starting Saturday afternoon (starting time and entry $ TBD)
  • While I'm all for a little degeneracy, I'd like this to more of a social event for chippers than a bankroll buster. Cash games will be lower stakes, there will always be a 25¢/50¢ $100 max / half the big stack NLHE game running. I'd also like to have a "circus light" instructional/fun table on Friday afternoon/evening for those who'd like to dip their toes into more mixed game, then maybe get a $2/$4 limit dealer's choice circus game going later on, depending on what the crowd wants to play. I'm shooting to tailor this meetup similar to MiM or this year's Maryland meetup.
  • If top priority is this being a social event, second priority is cool poker chips. I have enough nice sets to run all the games that will be played all weekend if needed, but I 100% don't want to do that. The main event will be on my Barrel House CPC tourney set, and I figure we should probably get the PNYs in play at some point - but other than that, I'm very open to having lots of guest sets - especially customs and/or group buy chips!
  • Meeting commemorative chips are being designed...
  • The event is open to all well established PCFers and chippers. I won't draw a sand in the line with regards to # of posts or member duration, but this event is for folks active in the chipping community. Unless of course you're an outsider with Isle of Capris $1s to sell, then you can come too. :whistle: :whistling::whistle: :whistling::whistle: :whistling::bag:
  • I'm 95% sure that attendance will be limited to 20 players. I can fill in spots with locals, but I really don't want to, I'd like this to be a PCF / chipper only event.
  • Please post in this thread if you're interested in attending. I'll be looking to lock down the final attendance list next spring.
  • Food TBD, will likely be some good Jersey / NY pizza, subs, hoagies or Italian food. Any requests feel free to shoot me a PM.
  • I believe my family will be around during the event, and as such I do not think I will have any spots available in the house for folks to crash. There are a few hotels in the area within 10-15 minutes.
  • I'm located about an hour south of midtown NYC, an hour north of the jersey shore area beaches, and a little under two hours north of Atlantic City. I picked June for the meetup because it's a nice time of year to visit the area and either hit NYC for some sight seeing or AC to get your degen on full time.

Chips in Play:

Barrel House Custom CPCs:
2019_05_11_IMG_4362.JPG

2019_05_11_IMG_4436.JPG

PNYs:
1568945808339.png

Black Sands:
1568945864717.png

& more!

Tentative Attendance List:
  1. Irish
  2. CantSpellPoker
  3. Phish1321
  4. theewpice
  5. MegaTon44
  6. krafticus
  7. Lil Tuna
  8. monkeydog
  9. Highli99
  10. Klobberer
  11. Pokerdweebz
  12. joepro
  13. Mental Nomad
  14. inca911
  15. Geremie
  16. Nuhockey
  17. p5woody
  18. Blaster
  19. FordPickup92
  20. Ben8257
  21. johnnycnote
  22. jadillon
  23. Sir bluffs a lot
  24. Esection
  25. Ellasdaddy
  26. Gopherblue
  27. BarrieJ3
  28. JMC9389
  29. yone
  30. kk405....
  31. BonScot
Potential Guest Sets:
  1. Klobberer BCC Tmold hot stamps (cash)
  2. Megaton Mad Duck hybrids
  3. Boardwalk hybrids
  4. TRK guest set
  5. yone custom Matsui's

Last edited:

Irish

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan! Would love to have the Maryland / PA PCF contingent make the trip, I had a blast at @krafticus 's Maryland meetup this summer. While I've been toying with the idea of hosting a meetup for a while, I spent the 2 hour trip home from Mark's in full on planning mode this event :)

Some quick points:
  • This will be a 2 day event, Friday & Saturday - cash games both days and a NLHE main event tourney starting Saturday afternoon (starting time and entry $ TBD)
  • While I'm all for a little degeneracy, I'd like this to more of a social event for chippers than a bankroll buster. Cash games will be lower stakes, there will always be a 25¢/50¢ $100 max / half the big stack NLHE game running. I'd also like to have a "circus light" instructional/fun table on Friday afternoon/evening for those who'd like to dip their toes into more mixed game, then maybe get a $2/$4 limit dealer's choice circus game going later on, depending on what the crowd wants to play. I'm shooting to tailor this meetup similar to MiM or this year's Maryland meetup.
  • If top priority is this being a social event, second priority is cool poker chips. I have enough nice sets to run all the games that will be played all weekend if needed, but I 100% don't want to do that. The main event will be on my Barrel House CPC tourney set, and I figure we should probably get the PNYs in play at some point - but other than that, I'm very open to having lots of guest sets - especially customs and/or group buy chips!
  • Meeting commemorative chips are being designed...
  • The event is open to all well established PCFers and chippers. I won't draw a sand in the line with regards to # of posts or member duration, but this event is for folks active in the chipping community. Unless of course you're an outsider with Isle of Capris $1s to sell, then you can come too. :whistle: :whistling::whistle: :whistling::whistle: :whistling::bag:
  • I'm 95% sure that attendance will be limited to 20 players. I can fill in spots with locals, but I really don't want to, I'd like this to be a PCF / chipper only event. @CantSpellPoker , @Phish1321 & @theewpice "no locals" doesn't apply to you guys, you're all coming :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
  • Please post in this thread if you're interested in attending. I'll be looking to lock down the final attendance list next spring.
  • Food TBD, will likely be some good Jersey / NY pizza, subs, hoagies or Italian food. Any requests feel free to shoot me a PM.
  • I believe my family will be around during the event, and as such I do not think I will have any spots available in the house for folks to crash. There are a few hotels in the area within 10-15 minutes.
  • I'm located about an hour south of midtown NYC, an hour north of the jersey shore area beaches, and a little under two hours north of Atlantic City. I picked June for the meetup because it's a nice time of year to visit the area and either hit NYC for some sight seeing or AC to get your degen on full time.
I'll update the OP with more info and details during the year. Chime in with any other questions!

Last edited:

JMC9389

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I am a very big "MAYBE" so far out. Have a little one to worry about and I don't know what life will bring in the next year between weddings, vacations, and such. I'm super local and would love to stop by for a cash game on one of the days.

Irish

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I'm certainly not asking anyone for a firm commitment 10 months in advance, I will reserve adding anyone to the attendance list that's really unsure if they can make it. I completely understand, I'm usually in the same boat with my job and family obligations, for past meetups I have usually expressed interest up front and asked to be added to the list a few months out when my schedule solidified.

Long story short, if you're interested and have better than a 50/50 chance of making it, I'll put you on the list. If not, interest is noted and I can add you to the list down the line when you get a better idea if you can make it.

Last edited:

inca911

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested! Does someone close have a place to crash, or anyone up for a room chop?

Top Bottom