Jammin' in Jersey - The Barrel House Battle Royale - August 15-16, 2020 - New Jersey

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5/20 Event has been postponed until August due to COVID-19, see update post #169: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...se-battle-royale-june-2020.45839/post-1101527

Welcome to Jersey.....

1566659550490.png

mc_bh_meetup2020.jpg

When: June 26-27, 2020 August 14-15, 2020

Where: Iselin NJ

What: Inaugural Jersey PCF Meetup - The Barrel House Battle Royale

The Important Stuff:

The golden rule applies above all in my house. These meetups are meant to be fun – so please leave any drama at home, there’s no room for it here. Anyone in my house - anyone – deserves full respect, and anyone showing a blatant lack of respect is out, period. My wife and possibly my boys will be in the house at least one of the meetup days, so this goes (even more so) for them as well.

My main card room fits two full size tables, and we can set up a third table in the adjacent workshop, so I can accommodate up to 30 players max at once. For cash games, there will be a different chip set in play at each table, and each will have its own separate bank.

Main Room:
20200206_224642.jpg

20200206_224722.jpg

Smoking/vaping of any kind is not allowed inside the house. I have a covered deck out back and will have ashtray / buckets out for any smokers. Cigars are welcome on the back deck, and if we get enough interest and the weather cooperates, I have a table topper that we can use to have a cigar cash game out there.

20191102_162406.jpg

20150813_195905.jpg

Absolutely no 420 or other illegal substances in any form on my property. Same goes for firearms, NJ is about as far from a concealed carry state as you can get. Leave them home please.

===========================================================

Poker!

While I'm all for a little degeneracy, I'd like this to be more of a social event for chippers than a bankroll buster. Cash games will be lower stakes; there will always be a 25¢/50¢, $100 max / half the big stack buy-in NLHE game available.

Limit cash games will be available Friday afternoon (and possibly evening, depending on the crowd). There will 2 limit tables running – both will be $2/$4 stakes, however one table will play with 2X buy-ins (ie $50 buys you $100 in chips) for those new to circus games.

If there is interest from those who'd like to dip their toes into more NL/PL mixed games at lower risks, we’ll have a micro-stakes learning table where $10/$20 cash gets you $100/$200 in chips. All circus games will be based on a fixed selection of @abby99 cards (e.g., Draw2maha, Scrotum8, SOHE, double board Omaha, imPLOcean, Badugi, etc.). Games are dealer's choice for an orbit + 1.

My card room House Rules can be found here (we mostly follow Robert’s Rules of Poker for both cash and tourneys). There will be no fee or rake taken at any time.

Friday – All Cash, All Day (Limit Early, NL/PL Later) – noon to 3am

• Doors open at noon. Snacks/drinks all day, hot dogs will be rolling
    • Table 1: $2 / $4 Limit – dealer’s choice circus game (orbit + 1)
    • Table 2: $2 / $4 Limit LIGHT – dealer’s choice circus game (orbit + 1) with 2X buy-in - $50 buys $100 in chips
    • Table 3: 25¢/50¢ NLHE, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack
  • Dinner – Pizza, will collect $ based on final selection / # of people ($10-$20)
  • After dinner (7pm-ish to 3am)
    • Table 1: 25¢/50¢ NLHE, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack
    • Table 2: 25¢/50¢ NLHE/pineapple variants/PLO, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack (rotating HE, HE/Pineapple variants, Omaha high only), based on attendees
    • Table 3: TBD based on attendees. If interest, micro-stakes learning circus table. $10/$20 gets you "$100/$200" in chips.
  • Doors close at 3am
Saturday – The Main Event (and more cash game) – noon to ????
  • Doors open at noon, tourney starts at 2pm
  • Lunch – Taylor ham, egg and cheese sandwiches and bagels
  • Pre-tourney cash games - Tables 1 & 2: 25¢/50¢ NLHE, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack
  • Main Event – The Barrel House Battle Royale – T20k NLHE Freezeout Tournament
    • $100 entry - $80 to prize pool, $20 to bounty (no rebuys or add-ons)
    • Blind structure below
    • Initial seating will be randomized in Tournament Director
  • Dinner @ 6pm – Final menu TBD (baked ziti, sausage & peppers, chicken francese, meatballs, subs, salad) - $20 per person
  • Post-tourney cash games as tables become available
    • Table 1: 25¢/50¢ NLHE, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack
    • Tables 2 & 3: TBD (NLHE/Pineapple/PLO, micro stakes circus, etc.)
  • Doors close whenever I get tired of having all you degens in my house.... ;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
For anyone new to PCF meetups and curious about what kind of bankroll to bring, this thread is a really good reference. I know I was equally as nervous as I was excited about attending my first meetup with regards to bankroll, this thread was very helpful and made me feel a lot more comfortable prior to making the trip.

Main Event Tourney Structure:
T20k starting stacks, 20 minute blinds, no rebuys / add-ons

Payouts:
Up to 20 players: pays 4 - 50% / 25% / 15% / 10%
20 to 28 players: pays 5 - 42% / 25% / 15% / 10% / 8%
28 to 30 players: pays 6 - 40% / 23% / 13% / 10% / 8% / 6%

Blind Schedule:
25 - 50
50 - 100
75 - 150
Break (10 mins)
100 - 200
150 - 300
200 - 400
Break & chip race (10 mins)
300 - 600
400 - 800
600 - 1,200
800 - 1,600
Break, chip race & Dinner (30 mins)
1,000 - 2,000
1,500 - 3,000
2,000 - 4,000
3,000 - 6,000
Break & chip race (10 mins)
4,000 - 8,000
6,000 - 12,000
8,000 - 16,000
10,000 - 20,000
Break (10 mins)
15,000 - 30,000
20,000 - 40,000
30,000 - 60,000
40,000 - 80,000
Break (10 mins)
60,000 - 120,000
80,000 - 160,000
100,000 - 200,000

Chips!

The main event will be played on my Barrel House custom CPC set:

Other chip sets that will be in play:

PNYs:
1568945808339.png

And more! I have enough nice sets to run all the games that will be played all weekend if needed, but I 100% don't want to do that. I'm very open to having lots of guest sets - especially customs!

Potential Guest Sets:
  1. Klobberer BCC Tmold hot stamps (cash)
  2. Megaton Mad Duck hybrids
  3. TRK Riversides
  4. yone custom Matsui's

Food & Drink

I will provide snacks, hot dogs, soda, water and coffee throughout the meetup. Dinner on Friday will be pizza, we’ll collect money based on what everyone wants to order ($10-$20). Lunch on Saturday – Jersey Taylor Ham, egg & cheese sandwiches and bagels, are courtesy of the house. Dinner on Saturday will be catered from a local Italian restaurant – the final menu is TBD, but will be something like baked ziti, sausage & peppers, chicken francese, meatballs, subs & salad, and will $20 per person.

I will send out a survey to get some feedback on drinks before the meetup. I will have at least one corny keg of home brew as well as a 1/6 barrel of another craft beer on tap. I have a secondary fridge that we can load up with additional beer - I'm hoping someone will sponsor some options. Same goes for any liquor. If you have anything specific you’d like or have any food allergies, please let me know.

If anyone would like to bring or sponsor any snacks, desserts, beer or liquor, please let me know!

Schwag & Prizes

Meetup commemorative chip:

Main Event Prizes:

1583275289566.png

Transportation / Parking / Lodging Notes:

My house is 5 minutes off the Garden State Parkway, 10 minutes off the NJ Turnpike, and 10 minutes from the nearest NJ Transit train station (Metropark). Newark airport is about a 30-45 minute drive, and NJ Transit has a station at the airport that links directly to the Metropark station noted above. I will send out the address to attendees as we get closer to the event via PM.

I live in a suburban area, so on-street parking should be readily available, but I’d encourage folks to carpool if you can, and Uber/Lift drivers are all pretty reliable in the area, and good option if you’re drinking. Those who do park - please respect my neighbors and don’t block any driveways.

As my family will be around during the event, I will not have any spots available in the house for folks to crash. There are a few hotels in the area within 10-15 minutes, I’d recommend one of the following:

APA Hotel Woodbridge
120 S Wood Ave, Iselin, NJ 08830

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodbridge
874 US-1, Avenel, NJ 07001

Delta Hotels by Marriott Woodbridge
515 US Highway 1 South, Iselin, NJ 08830

Attendees:

Attendance will be limited to 30 players max each day (this may be further limited due to COVID restrictions). Note that 2 tables will be in my main poker room, if we have a 3rd table, it will be in the adjacent shop. I can fill in spots with locals, but I really don't want to, I'd like this to be a PCF / chipper only event. The event is open to all well-established PCFers / chippers. I won't draw a sand in the line with regards to # of posts or member duration, but this event is for folks active in the chipping community.

Main Event Attendees (30 max):
  1. Irish (F-S)
  2. CantSpellPoker (F-S)
  3. Phish1321 (F-S)
  4. theewpice (F-S)
  5. MegaTon44 (F-S)
  6. krafticus (F-S)
  7. Lil Tuna (F-S)
  8. Klobberer (F-S)
  9. Pokerdweebz (F-S)
  10. Geremie (F-S)
  11. Nuhockey (F-S)
  12. p5woody (F-S)
  13. Blaster (S)
  14. FordPickup92 (F-S)
  15. Ben8257 (F-S)
  16. johnnycnote (S)
  17. Sir bluffs a lot (F-S)
  18. Esection (F-S)
  19. Chippy McChiperson (F-S)
  20. Gopherblue (S)
  21. arch3r (F-S)
  22. sgago84 (F-S)
  23. Marhault (S)
  24. Cliff (F-S)
  25. LordEpyon (F-S)
Main Event Wait List:
  1. pedrofisk
  2. juankay20
  3. ad119
  4. k9dr
Friday Cash Only Folks (Saturday TBD):
  1. JMC9389 (F)
  2. kk405 (F-S)
  3. pedrofisk
Stand-by:
  1. joepro
  2. inca911
  3. jadillon
  4. BarrieJ3
  5. yone
  6. DavinciFox
  7. Sixspeedfury
  8. rjdev7
  9. mrfridays

I’m very much looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting new PCFers!! If anyone has any questions, feel free to hit me up with a PM!!!!

Last edited:

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan! Would love to have the Maryland / PA PCF contingent make the trip, I had a blast at @krafticus 's Maryland meetup this summer. While I've been toying with the idea of hosting a meetup for a while, I spent the 2 hour trip home from Mark's in full on planning mode this event :)

Some quick points:
  • This will be a 2 day event, Friday & Saturday - cash games both days and a NLHE main event tourney starting Saturday afternoon (starting time and entry $ TBD)
  • While I'm all for a little degeneracy, I'd like this to more of a social event for chippers than a bankroll buster. Cash games will be lower stakes, there will always be a 25¢/50¢ $100 max / half the big stack NLHE game running. I'd also like to have a "circus light" instructional/fun table on Friday afternoon/evening for those who'd like to dip their toes into more mixed game, then maybe get a $2/$4 limit dealer's choice circus game going later on, depending on what the crowd wants to play. I'm shooting to tailor this meetup similar to MiM or this year's Maryland meetup.
  • If top priority is this being a social event, second priority is cool poker chips. I have enough nice sets to run all the games that will be played all weekend if needed, but I 100% don't want to do that. The main event will be on my Barrel House CPC tourney set, and I figure we should probably get the PNYs in play at some point - but other than that, I'm very open to having lots of guest sets - especially customs and/or group buy chips!
  • Meeting commemorative chips are being designed...
  • The event is open to all well established PCFers and chippers. I won't draw a sand in the line with regards to # of posts or member duration, but this event is for folks active in the chipping community. Unless of course you're an outsider with Isle of Capris $1s to sell, then you can come too. :whistle: :whistling::whistle: :whistling::whistle: :whistling::bag:
  • I'm 95% sure that attendance will be limited to 20 players. I can fill in spots with locals, but I really don't want to, I'd like this to be a PCF / chipper only event. @CantSpellPoker , @Phish1321 & @theewpice "no locals" doesn't apply to you guys, you're all coming :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
  • Please post in this thread if you're interested in attending. I'll be looking to lock down the final attendance list next spring.
  • Food TBD, will likely be some good Jersey / NY pizza, subs, hoagies or Italian food. Any requests feel free to shoot me a PM.
  • I believe my family will be around during the event, and as such I do not think I will have any spots available in the house for folks to crash. There are a few hotels in the area within 10-15 minutes.
  • I'm located about an hour south of midtown NYC, an hour north of the jersey shore area beaches, and a little under two hours north of Atlantic City. I picked June for the meetup because it's a nice time of year to visit the area and either hit NYC for some sight seeing or AC to get your degen on full time.
I'll update the OP with more info and details during the year. Chime in with any other questions!

Last edited:

JMC9389

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a very big "MAYBE" so far out. Have a little one to worry about and I don't know what life will bring in the next year between weddings, vacations, and such. I'm super local and would love to stop by for a cash game on one of the days.

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I'm certainly not asking anyone for a firm commitment 10 months in advance, I will reserve adding anyone to the attendance list that's really unsure if they can make it. I completely understand, I'm usually in the same boat with my job and family obligations, for past meetups I have usually expressed interest up front and asked to be added to the list a few months out when my schedule solidified.

Long story short, if you're interested and have better than a 50/50 chance of making it, I'll put you on the list. If not, interest is noted and I can add you to the list down the line when you get a better idea if you can make it.

Last edited:

inca911

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested! Does someone close have a place to crash, or anyone up for a room chop?

Top Bottom