Jammin' in Jersey III - The Barrel House Battle Royale - June 9-11, 2022 (1 Viewer)

PlayerADK

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot... I was hoping @Irish would let Brie and I throw an air mattress next to the Urinal in the back room!

@PlayerADK got tore up last year and made the walk from the hotel to Matt's! He said it was very scenic
Good times lol

May have been all of the local beers I was trying out @Ben8257 @JMC9389 :)

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good times lol

We have all been there bro! No worries at all! I mean did you see my face in this one after you left?
20210613_002948.jpg

Think I was sleeping on the table about 5 minutes later! Good times indeed! Can't wait for the next one!!

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@PlayerADK got tore up last year and made the walk from the hotel to Matt's! He said it was very scenic

Good times lol

Waitaminute, you walked back here on Saturday last year??? Damnit I thought we had you covered for a ride back. Dude, just call me next time lol

For anyone who enjoys Indian cuisine, there is a strip in town dubbed "Little India" that has tons of Indian sweet shops and restaurants. You can ask Brian it sounds like he got walk through it :D

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waitaminute, you walked back here on Saturday last year??? Damnit I thought we had you covered for a ride back. Dude, just call me next time lol

For anyone who enjoys Indian cuisine, there is a strip in town dubbed "Little India" that has tons of Indian sweet shops and restaurants. You can ask Brian it sounds like he got walk through it :D
Twas awesome driving through there! I wanted to jump out and try my hand at some Bally wood dancing... but Brie said it would be "un tasteful" definitely looked like a ton of fun. Never wanted to buy random jewelry so bad my whole life! No way I could walk through there and not buy a sash and some cufflinks!

(If anyone wants to take a drunk hike through that part of town... I am totally IN!!)

Senzrock

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twas awesome driving through there! I wanted to jump out and try my hand at some Bally wood dancing... but Brie said it would be "un tasteful" definitely looked like a ton of fun. Never wanted to buy random jewelry so bad my whole life! No way I could walk through there and not buy a sash and some cufflinks!

(If anyone wants to take a drunk hike through that part of town... I am totally IN!!)
I love Indian food so I’m down

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just make sure someone is filming. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

PlayerADK

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Haha I needed a workout for the day anyways! A brisk 2 miles or so wasn't bad!

I enjoyed exploring a bit of the area :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

+ I'd walk twice the distance for some more of those breakfast sandwiches!

buffalojim

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I think my favorite house rule is this one...

15. Feel free to take your leftover booze home at the end of the night, especially if it’s shitty beer like Coors light. Beer left in the refrigerator after the game becomes house beer.

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my favorite house rule is this one...

15. Feel free to take your leftover booze home at the end of the night, especially if it’s shitty beer like Coors light. Beer left in the refrigerator after the game becomes house beer.

Note that only applies to cheep beer. Any bourbon/scotch/whiskey/rye that comes within a 50' radius of the property automatically becomes house whiskey. ;)

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How big a bankroll does one bring to an event like this? I have never played tournaments or cash games and am trying to figure if I could afford to go.
Depends on the stakes, the players, and your skill level. I would venture $1000 would be sufficient as things did not get too out of hand on the table at the last meet up.

If your @CraigT78 or @MatB going to degen in Dallas.... well I'd recommend a few more zeros on the end of that thousand

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How big a bankroll does one bring to an event like this? I have never played tournaments or cash games and am trying to figure if I could afford to go.
Come! It was a fun group last year. I've attended only this meetup so far, but in terms of bankroll, I would say it's the most affordable one that I've seen around. I'll let @Irish chime in as he sees necessary, but this was what was spread last year:

Day One (Friday):

Afternoon:

Table 1: 1/2 limit ($50 buy in max) mixed games. This was no more than 6 or 7 handed as lots of folks were still driving in

Table 2: Opened up as 0.25/0.50 NLHE once more people arrived. $100 max initial buy in.

Evening:

Table 1: 0.25/0.25 pot limit dealer's choice games. I bought in for $100, but I'm not sure there was a buy in cap for this table, but mostly everyone bought in for around that.

Table 2: Still 0.25/0.50 NLHE

Table 3: A second 0.25/0.25 pot limit dealer's choice table.

As the evening turned into late night and early morning, the NLHE table closed and eventually everyone was playing mixed games.

Day Two (Saturday)

I wasn't present before the main event started, but best I could tell was that there was a 0.25/0.50 NLHE table, and maybe a low stakes mixed games table, but not sure.

Afternoon and evening was mostly the main event. $100 NLHE T20K Freezeout Tournament. I lasted from 2 to about 7:30 or so including a one hour dinner break. After that, a 0.25/0.50 NLHE cash table opened up, followed by a 0.25/0.25 mixed games table.

In terms of what bankroll to bring, I budgeted $500 in cash for poker only. Two buy ins per night plus the $100 for the main event. I got lucky and left the weekend up, but next year, I'll be bringing a bit more in case my luck isn't as good as last year's. You'll be just fine with about that amount though, I think. Just also consider your costs for food ($10 Friday and $20 Saturday for dinner in house, plus any other meals) and other alcohol and food donations. I hear the meetup host is a big whiskey/bourbon guy if you want to get in his good graces :)

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, you'll have some really great, enthusiastic seasoned mixed game pros to teach you the basics of all of the degen games that are going to be called, as well as what the difference is between playing effectively in a cash game versus a tournament. So don't be intimidated by that, either! I learned to play Scarney at this past year's meetup, and now it's called every mixed games night there is.

Top Bottom