Jammin' in Jersey III - The Barrel House Battle Royale - June 9-11, 2022 (4 Viewers)

JustDave

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case anyone was curious, they put the notches in it so it doesn't curl up like a cup when it cooks.

As far as local meats, it's good. I prefer Lebanon bologna or a nice thick piece of Virginia Honey Ham, but it's not something crazy like scrapple.

JustDave

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's just the spices that I'm not a fan of. I actually normally like a forcemeat, so it isn't like I'm squeamish about the parts that go into it, but there is a flavor note in there I really don't like.

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's just the spices that I'm not a fan of. I actually normally like a forcemeat, so it isn't like I'm squeamish about the parts that go into it, but there is a flavor note in there I really don't like.
I suppose that could happen. The taylors ham was fine, just too salty for my liking. But then again I prefer Canadian bacon, or turkey bacon lol
It's not often I indulge in traditional breakfast meats

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rick it's an absolute blast, hope you can make it!!! Irish is a wonderful host!!!

Aww, very sweet of you, thanks Brie. Now I feel much better in refraining from posting an inappropriate joke from your previous post.......

I suppose that could happen. The taylors ham was fine, just too salty for my liking. But then again I prefer Canadian bacon, or turkey bacon lol

;) ;) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

242 days and counting!!! :wtf:

kirchhausen

Flush
Reaction score
Rick it's an absolute blast, hope you can make it!!! Irish is a wonderful host!!!
I had the pleasure of play with Irish at the meatup in Manheim a few years ago. Despite him lasting longer than me in the tourney, he's a standup dude. He also has some of the nicest chips around, and I hope I get the opportunity to see them in action.

JustDave

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found turkey bacon to be quite nice and was happily eating some from the package my wife had bought until she told me to stop, showed me the price, and I went back to oink oink.

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found turkey bacon to be quite nice and was happily eating some from the package my wife had bought until she told me to stop, showed me the price, and I went back to oink oink.
Yes unfortunately that is the case

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hint: Find a good Italian place in Jersey first.
If there's one good thing about NJ, its that you can't throw a football without hitting a great Italian restaurant :) :tup:

20210612_181411.jpg

buffalojim

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So, trying to get a jump start on preparing for this meetup. I'm thinking about flying in from Buffalo as opposed to driving 6-1/2hrs. Was also thinking of staying at the APA Hotel in Woodbridge, which is apparently the closest hotel to our hosts house. Is anyone else planning on staying at this hotel who might be able to help with transportation for myself to and from the meetup, possibly split Uber rides or what have you? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather take it there. Thanks :)

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, trying to get a jump start on preparing for this meetup. I'm thinking about flying in from Buffalo as opposed to driving 6-1/2hrs. Was also thinking of staying at the APA Hotel in Woodbridge, which is apparently the closest hotel to our hosts house. Is anyone else planning on staying at this hotel who might be able to help with transportation for myself to and from the meetup, possibly split Uber rides or what have you? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather take it there. Thanks :)
I'd go ahead and book the APA now if you can. Their apparently heated toilet seats are quickly becoming part of JIJ lore. Ask @Klobberer

buffalojim

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that @Klobberer is offering free, in-person tutorials for all interested parties....
If there's a remote control involved I feel like I'd somehow electrocute myself. I really don't want to be found dead on the toilet. I might leave this to the professionals.

Top Bottom