Jammin' in Jersey III - The Barrel House Battle Royale - June 9-11, 2022 (2 Viewers)

jpietrella

Full House
Reaction score
So I would ask that anyone who played on these tables:
  • Black Jack Daniel's table on Friday afternoon/evening cash
  • Black Jack Daniel's table on Saturday afternoon cash (pre-tourney)
  • Green shop table during the tournament
Please take a second look at your capping technique; if you cap with a chip, always remember to remove the chip from your cards before peaking at them. :tup:

Unfortunately it happens more often then you think, and it royally sucks loosing quality decks of cards due to people lifting with cappers.

I was not at any of these tables though I did hear the convos over marked cards.
Apparently, I was at all of these tables, so as usual, as my wife continues to tell me - I am part of the problem. :oops:

In all seriousness though, I don't use a capper when peeking at my cards but I didn't really take notice at how others at my table were doing it. I'll definitely pay more attention to it for the next time though.

Last edited:

Goldfish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll do more of the fun stuff after work, but I wanted to touch base on a quick but very important topic this morning, as I know it concerned at least a couple of folks on Friday: marked cards.

There were several instances of players finding marked cards on the main black table on Friday night. The decks were changed out when they were found, but I believe we changed out 3 setups in the matter of a couple of hours. Another marked setup was found on Saturday during the tournament on the green hulk table in the shop. The marks on all the cards were very consistent, a slight bend about an inch from the edge of the long side of the card:

View attachment 930505

View attachment 930506

This type of mark is typically caused by a poor card capping technique, where a chip is placed over the cards to cover them - then left on top as the player peaks at their cards, like this:

View attachment 930503

View attachment 930502

It really doesn't take very much pressure to mark a card like this, the corner of the chip is quite effective at creasing the card. Sometimes it's done intentionally to mark certain cards, as it's really tough to see unless you're specifically looking for it - you often "feel" it before you see it. The jammed shuffler was mentioned as a potential source, but I can say with 99.98% certainty that the shuffler was not the issue. I've been running that shuffler non-stop for a decade and it's never marked a card in this fashion (occasionally I see a chipped corner, that's it), and the deck from the Saturday tourney was on a different table. Yesterday evening I looked through all of the setups used during the meetup and found quite of few marked cards - both decks of 5 full setups were marked in some fashion (top 3 were from the Friday night, bottom two from Saturday):

View attachment 930500

Based on the number of marked cards and the fact that the spread in ranks/suites is all over the place, I'm confident this was not done intentionally, and have spoken with another veteran meetup host who agrees.

I'm posting this for two reasons:

First and foremost is to alleviate any concerns of foul play during the meetup. Hopefully it was very obvious to everyone who attended this weekend, but I take a tremendous amount of pride in the way my games are run; game integrity & security are of the utmost concern. I don't want anyone second guessing coming back next year over concerns that something shady is going on.

Second is an overall PSA to alert folks that this kind of card capping can very quickly destroy a set of cards - and get you into trouble. Some hosts won't take the time to go through and vet the deck like this. If they notice you doing it, they'll automatically assume you're doing it on purpose and toss you. So I would ask that anyone who played on these tables:
  • Black Jack Daniel's table on Friday afternoon/evening cash
  • Black Jack Daniel's table on Saturday afternoon cash (pre-tourney)
  • Green shop table during the tournament
Please take a second look at your capping technique; if you cap with a chip, always remember to remove the chip from your cards before peaking at them. :tup:
Btw, I have this same problem with some of the players at my game. It is caused by the baccarat players (with long fingernails) that like to peel the cards (and their fingernail digs into the cards), especially during bangers. No foul play, but it does ruin a set up very quickly. this is one of the reasons I use a new set up each game. I have also talked with the culprits, explaining that they are not at the bac table And requesting that they go easy On the cards. In my experience modiano platinums are the best at minimizing creases. Copaq, forget about it, they crease when the fan blows on them.

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I keep hoping for the group photo to get posted... I usually use those for my write ups so I don't forget anyone!

Long Boring Ben Book Warning... save it for a poop... it should be slightly better than reading the back of the shampoo bottle... remeber back when we didn't have phones... lol anyways

This Is Jersey Baby!!

This weekend was amazing, but as always they fly by much too fast, all that planning and anticipation... you blink your eyes and it's in the record books just that fast.

First off I want to thank Mr. Bill aka @Irish father... I mean yes he comes and hangs out with all the kiddos and throws cards with us... but damn if he didn't raise one trully exeptional young man I get to call my brother Matt!

The attention to details, planning everything out, delegations, everything that goes on behind the scenes to make these things happen. I do know what it takes and seriously thank you for all of this man. Not only the costs associated with everything here, also thinking about his family and making sure they also have an amazing weekend away from home so all of us can just move into his house for a couple days and take over. Matt honestly is one of those guys that puts everyone else first and will do anything in his power to make sure that "YOU" have a fantastic experience.

So Friday night we get there anticipating a Juicy mixed games cash table and find that the majority of the congregation is 100% content playing holdem brother Rick @kirchhausen breaks out the Chessies Cove chips and we did manage to draw in a couple folks but Rick was in God mode that night and the tables broke earlier than expected... already rumors of several people interested in the becoming famous "Ben/Bries insane 2am turbos" we had thought of bringing the typical 95 Rodeo Commemorative RHC fantasy chips... but it still echos in my head of exaly ramblings with Matt telling me "this is Jersy bro, you gotta go big!" Brie and I spent the whole week washing and oiling to IG tourney set so we figured let's get them.in play while they are still "the talk of the town".

Well after brotha Rick had broke it off in all of our asses on the mixed games table... it was nice to see him and Brie battling it out to the bitter end in the turbo and my beautiful better half eventually taking it down. Giving me back my losses and my $20 buy in back... somehow both of us were in the black for day 1.

Saturday we get over there early and just enjoy some quiet time with the locals prepping breakfast for everyone "OMG was it delicious"... shortly after it was like the short bus had parked outside and everybody was rolling in. Including our good friend Mr. John @Blaster Who literally brought a wrapped gift just for Brie
20220611_111124.jpg

Yes my brother @Phish1321 stole it for a photo bomb opportunity... but that was extremely kind of you John. Thank you soo much, and while I felt we did get some decent chat time... I really wish we lived like 5 minutes apart, John has some of the most amazing stories both about chipping and many other things he dabbles in... (or similar love for booze). I have met many NYers in my life but literally now when I think of the big City John is the first thing that pops in my head, perfect accent! Lol

That was far from the end of gift giving btw... it was like Christmas in July! My brother Tom walks over out of the blue and hands me (3) Silver Club $1s (199 down and a single to go!!!) @Senzrock shows up and hands me (2) Forty Grand HHLs (literally the last quarter I need to be playable for 4!) , dealer buttons for everyone and cut cards by Joe @JMC9389 , the High Hand prize of an Apache case by @Nuhockey . pot sweateners from Blaster (John), Tom, Mike... i have no words still Mr. Sam, but seriously Thank Thank Thank you for that one Bro, i realize "make Ben cry gifts" happen regularly... but just wow man!

This particular group prefer playing limit for mixed games, I am not a huge fan of limit poker but this time $1/$2 had enough action to keep it resonable for all, and I thought it was a great little hour warm up session. Before the main event. Brie said when she posted this that I "seemed to be enjoying it quite well"
20220611_132337.jpg

BTW Matt... those BW sunflys are the nicest hybrids or ceramics in general I think I have ever played... they felt and looked just like we were playing at Borgatta.

Well onto the main event... umm... well I sucked. But getting some across the table felt time with @ReallyGoodUsername whom I have spoken too almost daily for 2 1/2 years and never met honestly gave me the chills. You would think after years of these things that we would be comfortable with meeting everyone, but sometimes being starstruck is actually a thing.
20220611_144149.jpg

Also the chance to be seated next to brotha @buffalojim and @sgago84 , I heard others say they felt like their table was murders row... IDK about that. Empty seat here is our host @Irish , @Geremie , Mr. Bill (yes the family feud table) my brother @moechar , @Kl<obberer ... letdown just say no cheap flops and we had oranges in play like the 3rd had (yes it was me playing it poorly and letting the mater Victor catch up and steal all my purdy oranges! Lol) I really should have just shipped it first hand like @ReallyGoodUsername was begging me to do blind. At least I would have won the glass... well meet up #like 6 in a row now without a final table appearance from me... is it possible for a bad player to get worse at poker?? Lol

Dinner break I actually spent talking to @Richard Ye , after loosing money on how long it would take him to solve a Rubix Cube... we sat down and talked about custom chips. Matt provided a CPC customs and Blanks... fantastic meeting you sir and good luck with the choices.

Post dinner there was talk of a micro mixed PL game using our TRKs, but even for micro there wasn't a ton of intrest... again most wanted to play holdem all weekend... which is fine, but 6 cards is better than two people! Lol

Again always happy to bring some TRKs and let others check out some older chips. We were 6 strong here for hours... but started loosing players After the main event it seemed like most where exhausted... Rick, Matt and I sat back and reflected on an amazing weekend (aka shooting the S**t till about 4:30am) packed it all up and headed back to MD.

Thank you all for an amazing weekend, most of the locals are indeed forum members which is unique but awesome, you guys have a fantastic group of core players and lucky to have that. What seemed like endless Pot sweeteners on the mixed games tables from folks that weren't even playing mixed games! Far too kind guys.

We go to a lot of these... but you guys have an amazing way of making us all feel like locals for the weekend!

Two more days and we off to sin city my love @FordPickup92 !! More amazing memories in store!!

***damn it** edit... I forgot @juankay20 , but he did his best to avoid contact in every way possible. Freaking Foldem players. Literally zero shared felt time and less than 20 butt grabbings... while most consider 20 to be quite high...we could ask @CraigT78 who will verify that typically it is well.over 20 in the first hour. Kidding, nothin but love Derrick!

@CantSpellPoker still thinking about that offer... good to see ya Mr. Luke

Oh and while I am at it... @randy2310 still has fantastic hair.

Last edited:

MatB

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noted similar damage to several setups after SQM :confused Random cards so very likely NOT intentional, but required the replacement of those cards/decks.

Played at a cardroom the other night. Not a single card had that issue.

Get your shit together chippers !!

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Major shout out to @Irish for making this weekend possible, as others have mentioned he did an outstanding job!!!!

Friday night started a bit slow, and as Ben mentioned not a whole lot of traction for mixed games. In addition I'm trying this whole no drinking thing so aggressive Brie is quite passive. But it is always fun watching Rick play, lots to learn there!!! We graduated towards the turbo at the end of the night, which turned out to be a blast! I'm glad folks jumped in, I heard lots of people say "my heart is racing this is so much fun!"

Got a lucky hand early against @JMC9389... poker sorry? Lol AA>KK held AIPF which gave me a very healthy survival stack to make my way to the end. I thought @kirchhausen was making a comeback after 3 or 4 double ups in row, but I managed to scoop at the end! I can only think @Josh Kifer's newly gifted capper was my saying grace for this one... but alas the main event tourney had other plans for me.

Breakfast was great @Phish1321 greeted us with a big smile that morning. Always great to see Nelson, his kind laid back nature is just infectious and awesome to be around. I was also super stoked to be seeing @moechar and @juankay20 again... thanks for everything you guys have done for Ben and I... Bros for life!

The main event started out well as I was building my stack pretty decently but the cards had other plans for those chippies. None the less, I had an absolute blast sitting next to @TheAlchemist and @CantSpellPoker.... these 2 seemed to be pretty accepting of my jacked up sense of humor and rolled right along with it. I will remember two very important things, 1 don't ever fold quad 3s and 2 corn hole chicks with sausage sponsors LOL

Sadly I shipped the majority of my stack to @randy2310 who just happened to have my number on this day. Well played sir

Also @Senzrock that one handed dealer thing had me super tilted....I need to learn how to do that! Appreciate you keeping our table moving bud, great job!

Dinner was a pretty relaxing and I got to chat a bit with few folks including @Geremie. Another fantastic human with a great personality. I'm glad you made the trip it was awesome to meet you! In case you didn't hear, I kept accidentally mistaking you for Ben from behind and I almost hugged you like 3 times.... and then remembered Ben had a green shirt on lol

Saturday night cash was slow starting as well, and I was down to less than half my buy in. @Geremie shared an awesome coconut quadruple ale with a few of us (that was absolutely incredible) and I suddenly found my mojo. He also shared a lovely orange creamsicle quadruple IPA (I think?) that I split with Vic and it seemed I was off to the races after that bringing my stack back to cash out for $290

I was exhausted by the end, and was found crashed out on the little couch upstairs...apologies to anyone that didn’t get a farewell from me!

@joepro congrats on the high hand (I was sooo close with my quads!) See you at Dan's!!!

@buffalojim I hope you consider making the trip to Dan's as well.... it really is a blast

I know there's tons of folks I didn't tag but it was wonderful to see everyone again and have everyone come together for another awesome weekend. Many thanks go out to all those that tossed pot sweetners in, lots of fun fighting for those!

@sgago84 thank you man. Means alot to both Ben and I

And @Blaster thank you so much for the gifts! They will be cherished for a long time!

CantSpellPoker

Straight
Reaction score
Major shout out to @Irish for making this weekend possible, as others have mentioned he did an outstanding job!!!!

Friday night started a bit slow, and as Ben mentioned not a whole lot of traction for mixed games. In addition I'm trying this whole no drinking thing so aggressive Brie is quite passive. But it is always fun watching Rick play, lots to learn there!!! We graduated towards the turbo at the end of the night, which turned out to be a blast! I'm glad folks jumped in, I heard lots of people say "my heart is racing this is so much fun!"

Got a lucky hand early against @JMC9389... poker sorry? Lol AA>KK held AIPF which gave me a very healthy survival stack to make my way to the end. I thought @kirchhausen was making a comeback after 3 or 4 double ups in row, but I managed to scoop at the end! I can only think @Josh Kifer's newly gifted capper was my saying grace for this one... but alas the main event tourney had other plans for me.

Breakfast was great @Phish1321 greeted us with a big smile that morning. Always great to see Nelson, his kind laid back nature is just infectious and awesome to be around. I was also super stoked to be seeing @moechar and @juankay20 again... thanks for everything you guys have done for Ben and I... Bros for life!

The main event started out well as I was building my stack pretty decently but the cards had other plans for those chippies. None the less, I had an absolute blast sitting next to @TheAlchemist and @CantSpellPoker.... these 2 seemed to be pretty accepting of my jacked up sense of humor and rolled right along with it. I will remember two very important things, 1 don't ever fold quad 3s and 2 corn hole chicks with sausage sponsors LOL

Sadly I shipped the majority of my stack to @randy2310 who just happened to have my number on this day. Well played sir

Also @Senzrock that one handed dealer thing had me super tilted....I need to learn how to do that! Appreciate you keeping our table moving bud, great job!

Dinner was a pretty relaxing and I got to chat a bit with few folks including @Geremie. Another fantastic human with a great personality. I'm glad you made the trip it was awesome to meet you! In case you didn't hear, I kept accidentally mistaking you for Ben from behind and I almost hugged you like 3 times.... and then remembered Ben had a green shirt on lol

Saturday night cash was slow starting as well, and I was down to less than half my buy in. @Geremie shared an awesome coconut quadruple ale with a few of us (that was absolutely incredible) and I suddenly found my mojo. He also shared a lovely orange creamsicle quadruple IPA (I think?) that I split with Vic and it seemed I was off to the races after that bringing my stack back to cash out for $290

I was exhausted by the end, and was found crashed out on the little couch upstairs...apologies to anyone that didn’t get a farewell from me!

@joepro congrats on the high hand (I was sooo close with my quads!) See you at Dan's!!!

@buffalojim I hope you consider making the trip to Dan's as well.... it really is a blast

I know there's tons of folks I didn't tag but it was wonderful to see everyone again and have everyone come together for another awesome weekend. Many thanks go out to all those that tossed pot sweetners in, lots of fun fighting for those!

@sgago84 thank you man. Means alot to both Ben and I

And @Blaster thank you so much for the gifts! They will be cherished for a long time!

Was awesome sharing some table time with you this year, Brie. I think we basically passed each other like two ships in the night for entire weekend last year, so I was definitely happy to see my seat assignment on Saturday. Never fold a 3 again - you’re welcome.

Next time I’ll make more of an effort to join you and @Ben8257 at the circus table, I haven’t played enough hands with either one of you.

Irish

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score

buffalojim

Straight Flush
Reaction score

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was awesome sharing some table time with you this year, Brie. I think we basically passed each other like two ships in the night for entire weekend last year, so I was definitely happy to see my seat assignment on Saturday. Never fold a 3 again - you’re welcome.

Next time I’ll make more of an effort to join you and @Ben8257 at the circus table, I haven’t played enough hands with either one of you.
That'd be awesome! Good thing I already (accidentally) booked our hotel for next year :LOL: :laugh:

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! You even got one with Victor's eyes open!

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record I was double fisting here as promised... but "someone" jumped right in the front row. Now people are going to think I was drinking WhiteClaws all day! Damn

@kirchhausen I guess the one woth the MD gang signs didn't make the cut brother... we tried! Lol

Geremie

Full House
Reaction score
TLDR – this meet up was epic!

Going in, I really didn’t know what a PCF meet up would be like...I was hoping that it would be a positive experience. It was a bit of a commute to NJ, but the anticipation made the drive seem shorter than the 7-hour trek from the outskirts of Toronto. Needless to say, my expectations were greatly exceeded! I couldn’t have spent a weekend with a more welcoming and friendly group of people (even though I'm Canadian :p).

First and foremost, I need to extend my gratitude to @Irish for all of your efforts in hosting a meet up of this magnitude. Thanks again for the invite and holding a spot for me this year…I’m glad I could finally cross the border to attend! I appreciate you opening your place to all of us and running a very well-organized event. The food and drinks were amazing, games were well run, and it was just a great atmosphere all weekend.

Recap:
I arrived near the end of the Thursday afternoon session but was able to sneak in an hour of NLHE with @CantSpellPoker @moechar @ReallyGoodUsername @randy2310 @Phish1321 @juankay20 @theewpice @buffalojim @Irish @Chipmunk before heading to TopGolf. Finished the session flat-ish but the real prize was being able to ogle/fondle that Lakeshore set! It was also awesome to be able to chat about poker chips, cards, accessories without feeling like a nutcase like I do with my local crew. I also got to clear up some misconceptions about my “gar-em-e” username with Vic :LOL: :laugh:

I never experienced TopGolf before (sadly nothing like this exists in Canada), but it was a blast! I couldn’t match Nelson’s prowess but I put up a respectable battle (can’t lie that I’m a bit envious of your consistent draw). Tom, I’m not sure if you’re still trying to figure out the scoring system but I’m still thoroughly confused o_O

Friday started with a little horseracing before hitting the tables with @Nuhockey @buffalojim @Chipmunk @Phish1321 @Richard Ye @jpietrella. I enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere at the table and the continued discussions about chips and cards. It seriously felt like I was playing in a game that I frequented rather than my first time at the table with you. I had no idea that a Binion’s set was going to be in play. Shout out to Justin for tabling that cash set…it was awesome! I was up and down throughout the afternoon session but ended up a couple blinds by the end.

We broke for some delicious NJ pizza and some friendly cornhole competition. Shout out to Tom/Nelson showing how it’s done…you guys are pros! Justin and I battled but came up a bit short (21-9). Next time I’m in the US, I need to find a store that’s selling them and bring it back to Canada!

The evening session had familiar friendly faces from the afternoon session with the addition of @TheAlchemist @randy2310. Justin brought out another awesome set for the table to enjoy…Riffle Stein’s! I got to enjoy a bunch of US craft brews that I’ve never tried before (DIPAs, NEIPAs)…delicious! I played decent in the evening session making a few solid river calls to take down some pots. I gave some back near the end of the evening but still managed to eke out a small win.

Saturday started with some egg and pork roll sandwiches quickly followed by some brews...got to start early for the main event! Finally decided to bust out some of my favorite Canadian beer (and one from VA) that I brought...I'm glad that those that tried it enjoyed it as much as I do.
1655173386829.png
1655173402242.png
1655173414693.png

I was stoked that @JMC9389 was able to make the main event and I could finally meet him after many, many card buys we did together. I definitely appreciate all of the help aggregating some items for me and bringing it to the meet up. It was also nice to share a beer with you.
1655174867080.png

I also got to chat more with @Ben8257 on Saturday since we finally were paired up at one of the tables. I had no idea how much more we had in common other than poker chips and how into bowling you are (when you know about lane patterns, urethane vs. reactive coverstock, pro bowlers....you're definitely in the club!).
I actually found some pics of my best three game set back in the day
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG

Now onto the main event! I started out with a stacked table featuring Bill (aka Irish Sr.) @moechar @Klobberer @buffalojim @Ben8257 @sgago84 @ReallyGoodUsername @Irish. My goal, realistically, was to make it to the dinner break. My stack fluctuated between 17K and 23K for the first 10 levels and I was able to enjoy the awesome dinner knowing that I still had a chance in the main event. Given the blind levels post-break, I knew that I needed some run good (and soon) to be able to keep afloat. A quick double up with 99 vs AJ (sorry @Irish) started a little run. Another double followed with my AK holding up AJ. A third all-in saw my KK up against KQ which quickly vaulted me into the chip lead. I built up my stack a bit more to hold 217K of the 540K in play when we decided to ICM chop 6-ways. Unfortunately, I made some questionable calls after the split then fired 135K to steal the blinds on the button with K7 with three players left. @JMC9389 woke up with AK and my tournament was done. It was an amazing run!

I had to start my drive back to the great white north at 6am the next morning so after sharing a few more brews with the circus table I packed it in for the evening. @FordPickup92 I'm glad the coconut quad and creamsicle quad sparked some run good at the tables :)

This event will definitely be one of the best weekends of 2022 for me! It was truly a pleasure to meet all of you and hope that I'm able to attend another meet up soon!

Cheers,
Geremie

Irish

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great weekend. I had a blast! Great seeing everyone again and looking forward to next year.

Fantastic time. Massive thank you @Irish ! You put on a helluva good time.

Amazing Meat-up, (Taylor PORK ROLL!!), poker tournament, and cash game mania! Although I only attended for Saturday, it was an awesome day. The hospitality and attention to detail by @Irish made it a welcoming and super friendly environment. So fun meeting so many cool people, the young guys are great players and provide a huge benefit to this site and the chipping community. I was lucky enough to win the "high hand" prize, which was in a circus game so it's kind of unfair, but thanks to @Nuhockey for providing the beautiful Apache 3800 case.

Thanks again Matt and all who made this such a great event!!

And of course to the emcee/master of ceremonies/organizer @Irish . Getting these together takes a herculean effort. Thank you as always for your willingness to have us and to put so much time and energy into making it happen. I'm privileged to be able to get the invite to the meetup and to play in your regular game on a routine basis. I truly feel spoiled with being able to enjoy your set up, table, chairs, chips, and a great group of regular players to toss some cards with. Now get some rest!

So, I'm not one for a super long write up and am not going to attempt to tag everybody because I'll forget someone and that sucks. I will say that the meetup was one of the best times I can remember having in literal years. So many laughs, great people, great beer, great food, awful cards etc... Once I got a working bidet this little mini vacation was elevated to mint (still chalky) condition.

It was really nice to put a face to the names I've chatted with and seen on the forum over the past couple years here. Literally everybody was super friendly and cool and I feel like I've made some new friends, I didn't feel out of place at all. The chipping aspect and all the card playing was really just a bonus IMO. Playing smaller stakes and just fucking around having a few beverages is way more fun than trying to stack people. Good vibes all around.

Obviously @Irish deserves a special shoutout for hosting such a great meetup. It's very apparent the work you put into making everybody feel at home and comfortable. You nailed it. Thank you so much for the hospitality and I hope to come back down for another one. Really a great time!!!

Great weekend of Golf and Poker. Thanks to @Irish for hosting a great weekend. I already knew for some reason gambling wise it was going to be a crappy weekend. Sometimes I just know it’s going to be a losing session/sessions and my play hence is horrible. Like the hand I busted out of the tourney vs. @Blaster. I knew 1000% I shouldn’t bet after he called the flop bet. But I kept betting anyway and he kept calling. When I went all in I was positive he was calling but for some dumb reason I did it anyway. He called and beat my second best pair. Regardless I had super fun time and enjoyed all the People. The only downside of the weekend was having to deal with a Pew York Rangers loss and watching @CantSpellPoker and @Phish1321 enjoy our loss a little too much. But I understand I hate the Devils just as much.

@Nuhockey I fixed your post.
In all seriousness, It was great seeing & playing with you and many members again, and others for the 1st time ..
As usual @Irish , Matt, is a great host & a great guy. Hope to see all again soon ...

Still in recovery mode, but I just wanted to thank Matt for hosting, this was such a fun meetup! It was great to meet so many new faces, and talk chipping with so many other enthusiasts!

Even though I busted out fairly early in the tourney, I still had a blast. The Barrel House tourney set is one of my all time favorite sets, and playing on them was just the best. Our table was an absolute blast (even with the EPIC SLOW ROLL).

I really enjoyed getting the Chessies in play so much. Sorry about the bad beat @JMC9389, I forgot to warn you I paid extra to have Spragg put in a homing device in the chips.

Playing on Ben and Brie's TRK set was amazing, love those Pick Hobsons!

Great Food, Drink, and Especially people. I hope we can run it back next year, and that when I do get around to hosting my own meetup (shooting for end of next summer) that you all can make it down to Maryland for the inaugural Challenge on Chessies Cove

That's pretty frustrating about the marked setups. I also couldn't imagine anyone trying that hard to gain an edge in friendly micro stakes meetup games, but having to replace nice setups every time like this is not just pricey but also just such a waste of nice cards.

Thanks for everything @Irish - I had a ton of fun.

I just wanted to echo the praise for @Irish in hosting the meetup. Everything was first class. It was also a pleasure to meet all of you! I look forward to seeing you all again.

Man I keep hoping for the group photo to get posted... I usually use those for my write ups so I don't forget anyone!

Long Boring Ben Book Warning... save it for a poop... it should be slightly better than reading the back of the shampoo bottle... remeber back when we didn't have phones... lol anyways

This Is Jersey Baby!!

This weekend was amazing, but as always they fly by much too fast, all that planning and anticipation... you blink your eyes and it's in the record books just that fast.

First off I want to thank Mr. Bill aka @Irish father... I mean yes he comes and hangs out with all the kiddos and throws cards with us... but damn if he didn't raise one trully exeptional young man I get to call my brother Matt!

The attention to details, planning everything out, delegations, everything that goes on behind the scenes to make these things happen. I do know what it takes and seriously thank you for all of this man. Not only the costs associated with everything here, also thinking about his family and making sure they also have an amazing weekend away from home so all of us can just move into his house for a couple days and take over. Matt honestly is one of those guys that puts everyone else first and will do anything in his power to make sure that "YOU" have a fantastic experience.

Agree with all the posts about the great job Matt did organizing the event. Loads of fun with a fantastic group of guys and lady! Thanks again for your hospitality @Irish!

TLDR – this meet up was epic!

Going in, I really didn’t know what a PCF meet up would be like...I was hoping that it would be a positive experience. It was a bit of a commute to NJ, but the anticipation made the drive seem shorter than the 7-hour trek from the outskirts of Toronto. Needless to say, my expectations were greatly exceeded! I couldn’t have spent a weekend with a more welcoming and friendly group of people (even though I'm Canadian :p).

First and foremost, I need to extend my gratitude to @Irish for all of your efforts in hosting a meet up of this magnitude. Thanks again for the invite and holding a spot for me this year…I’m glad I could finally cross the border to attend! I appreciate you opening your place to all of us and running a very well-organized event. The food and drinks were amazing, games were well run, and it was just a great atmosphere all weekend.

Thank you all so much for the kind words, it means the world to me that everyone had a good time and felt welcome! :tup:

Nuhockey

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also got to chat more with @Ben8257 on Saturday since we finally were paired up at one of the tables. I had no idea how much more we had in common other than poker chips and how into bowling you are (when you know about lane patterns, urethane vs. reactive coverstock, pro bowlers....you're definitely in the club!).
I actually found some pics of my best three game set back in the day
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
@Irish I think we found next years Meet up event BOWLING. @Ben8257 and @Geremie (It is not pronounced JEREMY it is pronounced Gare-A-MI) need to be on different teams as we can put some money on the game and make it fairer for each team.

Nuhockey

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Irish what is the date of Next year's tournament? LOL I was able to secure 2.5 days away from the wife and the kid because I had so much advance notice that I told her almost a year in advance and kept reminding her every few months and regularly in April and May.

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One water and one coffee in the whole damn picture... all these guys were judging me for cracking beers with Breakfast. Seriously in the words of the great @CraigT78 "you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!" Lol

A few folks grabbed a pour at the start of the main event... but pretty sure I was the only one working on a "12:00 buzz"

Our comander and chief came on strong though... I tapped out on Bourbon around 3:00 am and switched to coffee whilst ole @Irish Was still pourin! Lol

Irish

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall Tourney Results - note the top 6 agreed to a ICM chop, the order shown here was the play out for the championship glasses.

1655215402069.png

Starting tables, for prosperity:

Black Table, Seat 1: Irish
Black Table, Seat 2: Geremie
Black Table, Seat 3: Bill
Black Table, Seat 4: moechar
Black Table, Seat 5: Klobberer
Black Table, Seat 6: buffalojim
Black Table, Seat 7: Ben8257
Black Table, Seat 8: sgago84
Black Table, Seat 9: ReallyGoodUsername

Red Table, Seat 1: Chipmunk
Red Table, Seat 2: joepro
Red Table, Seat 3: randy2310
Red Table, Seat 4: Frank M
Red Table, Seat 5: Senzrock
Red Table, Seat 6: JMC9389
Red Table, Seat 7: TheAlchemist
Red Table, Seat 8: FordPickup92
Red Table, Seat 9: CantSpellPoker

Green Table, Seat 1: jpietrella
Green Table, Seat 2: LordEpyon
Green Table, Seat 3: Richard Ye
Green Table, Seat 4: Nuhockey
Green Table, Seat 5: kirchhausen
Green Table, Seat 6: johnnycnote
Green Table, Seat 7: Blaster
Green Table, Seat 8: Phish1321
Green Table, Seat 9: juankay20

Nuhockey

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall Tourney Results - note the top 6 agreed to a ICM chop, the order shown here was the play out for the championship glasses.

View attachment 931095
My 9 YO asked me on Sunday, "Daddy how did you do in your poker Tournament Yesterday?". I said, "I did pretty bad I came in 24th." He said, "At least you didn't come in 100th." I then said, "There were only 27 people". He said, "You can tell people that you at least didn't finish 100th which is true."

TheAlchemist

High Hand
Reaction score
My 9 YO asked me on Sunday, "Daddy how did you do in your poker Tournament Yesterday?". I said, "I did pretty bad I came in 24th." He said, "At least you didn't come in 100th." I then said, "There were only 27 people". He said, "You can tell people that you at least didn't finish 100th which is true."
Child logic = best logic

Top Bottom