J9ss on the button multiway limped pot (1 Viewer)

kirchhausen

Flush
Reaction score
OK here is the situation:

.25/.50 antes, $100 buy in game. I have $91 from my initial buy-in. We are playing 7 handed at this point.

Of the players at the table, I would describe SB as LAG, BB very loose passive, UTG skilled Lag when, UTG+1 skilled Tag (mostly TAG anyway), HJ very tight player, 1st time I've played with CO but he seems pretty passive but has been running very well tonight.

3 limper to me on the button I have :js::9s:. I raise to $4.00, called by 4 players (Both blinds, UTG, and HJ). FLop is A87, one spade. Checks around to me.

THoughts so far?

check? ill take a free card with the possibility of turning the nuts. youre probably not getting any A to fold or J10 910 combo

Check, the more players involved in a hand the more you should bet for value rather than for an attempted bluff. Right now all you have is a weak draw. Pull for the ten and hope it makes something like two pair on A10 for someone else.

Take the free card and dump if you miss and someone leads on the turn.

What do you think your image is from their perspective? If they see me as tight, I might c-bet here. If they see me for what I am (an aggrotard maniac), I probably check*.

* - I'd like to say that I check, but I'm often physically incapable of doing so and would probably fire $10 here. The real question is whether I'd 2 barrel or not if I get called and whiff the turn.

Logic would say check.

I say c-bet because there are a good deal of cards that can come on the turn to help your hand. Both a T and runner runner spades will be pretty well-disguised. If we bet here and get called we may very well be able to see the river for free.

Check is probably the right move. I'm kind of on the same page as Berg. I'd want to check. Honestly, I'd probably fire a 9-12 bet.
Pending on how many callers I get, and what my perception of the callers are would hopefully determine if I would check/fold or bet the turn.

Yeah, I'm betting ~$12. We should take it down if nobody has an ace, depending on WHO has an ace we may be able to get them off it later, a bet here will likely get us a free card on the turn if we so desire, we can still steal the pot on the river if we miss (because there are a lot of hands we might take a bet-check-bet line for value with here,) and also if we smash the nuts it will be incredibly well-disguised. In other words, good things happen when you fire away. :)

What do you think your image is from their perspective? If they see me as tight, I might c-bet here. If they see me for what I am (an aggrotard maniac), I probably check*.

* - I'd like to say that I check, but I'm often physically incapable of doing so and would probably fire $10 here. The real question is whether I'd 2 barrel or not if I get called and whiff the turn.
The other players see me as a nit.

I raise a little bit smaller pre, but I would always raise. My rule is 4x the BB plus 1x for each limper and less 1 BB for the button/plus 1 BB if UTG. Reasoning is disguising hand strength and speeding decision making, which further reduces tells/strength indicators. I would always cbet this spot, about 75% pot... no reason to give up initiative when you can rep a strong ace (or better) and you actually have a decent drawing hand.

As played, bet 11, fold to a c/r of more than 30, play turn acordingly.

If you're like half the players ITT, your image would be "active" so odds are one of the limpers has a weak A to check call with here. Donks luv weak suited aces. They want to marry weak suited aces, make the nut flush and go on an all-expense paid trip to Valuetown. So in this spot I'd usually check and hope my draw gets stronger or I hit a turn I can continue with for cheap. With your image, you can fire away here and probably get weak aces to fold, but it's gonna have to be another barrel on the turn and maybe another on the river.

Next session buy in for $50 and 3 barrel dust off your stack. Your opponents will be confused. :confused:

Pot's bloated. If it checks to you check through. If someone bets smallish call. If you hit a spade or straight on the river value bet.

With your image, I jam. With my usual image, I check behind like a pansy after being called by BB.

Reactions: xt!
If they see you as tight, jam. The only hands that are calling you are AJ (which should've bet the turn) and AK (which you can move these players off if you really have a tight image).

Check is probably best against 4 others, but if you bet you would need to barrel at least turn. One option of checking is you could semi-bluff raise a bet on a spade turn.

I always wonder what the purpose of a preflop raise here. Yes, yes I know we got's to punish the limpers. Consider them punished. I note that Hero was 20% effective in getting the rest of the table left in the hand to fold.

Now hero has a gut shot + runner runner flush in a 5 SPR pot. Hero c-bets and gets two callers. $71.50 in the pot, Hero has $70 left. One caller is a calling station, the other sounds rocky. Me? I'd take the free card since I have doubts Hero can shove and get folds from both villains (and I think Hero can get paid in full if he hits a good river)

Personally, I would have limped preflop and taken a free card on the flop.

Let's hope Hero gets there -=- DrStrange

So i did probably the worst thing I could have done in this spot, and bet $32. BB folds, HJ shoves. $38 more for me to call.

snap call - Hero has something like 12 outs, less some chance of drawing to the worse flush (or vs two pair or a set) Pot odds are good enough.

Now get there -=- DrStrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom