It's been far too long... (1 Viewer)

TheJestyr

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey Chippers! It's been a little while since I last checked in...turns out poker and chipping don't quite go all that well with having my first kid... ;)

I joined this site about 5 years ago when first putting together a tournament for 100 people and decided I wanted real clay chips... Turns out there was a snowstorm that day and we ended up with about 25...I'm still stuck with over 2,000 UB chips...lol

I grew up playing poker, and still love the game, but over the years I started missing the fun of it...it stinks to be the big winner of the night, just to have a buddy pissed at you because he didn't have that extra cash he planned on for his kids for the holidays...(I know it's not my fault, but it still tugs at my heart strings...)

I was also playing multiple times per week, not sleeping, stressed about carrying cash around with me, trying to be a good husband, friend, family member....and then about 15 months ago had my first kid.........damn.......that threw some perspective on things real quick...

But the time away was great. And I'm back with some fresh eyes and renewed love for the game and chippies :) And I really gotta say thank you to this community for being such a huge part of my chipping life. You guys have been amazing. You helped me amass a BEAUTIFUL set of Grand Vic secondaries that I still have dreams about. (Sometimes sad I got rid of 'em...) You taught me what to look for what purchasing sets. You demonstrated cleaning and oiling techniques to keep chips fresh. We talked poker strategy from time to time, I've met up and played with some of you, I can go on...

Bottom line is I'm grateful for this site. I'm sorry to those I haven't responded to over the years. I became a little too addicted to chipping and poker and needed to get away. Also, when selling like 15,000 chips, I got overwhelmed and felt like people were falling through the cracks...and you guys deserved better than that...

SOO, all that being said, it's nice to be back. I've been lucky enough (with your help!) to build my perfect chipset (Cle HS....being from Cleveland, it's only fitting), so now it's time to give back...I'll be posting a bunch of giveaways over the next couple of months. Details to follow, but I feel like it's my turn to give back to the community and to try to help out the chippers just starting out. I'll take inventory this week and begin the fun soon!! (Don't worry, I won't absolutely flood the market with free chips, I'm conscious what that could do to prices! But I'll definitely be giving away a decent amount!)

Thanks for having me and welcoming me back. Here's to a great hobby and keeping it all in good fun!!!

-TheJestyr :)

*not sure anyone will actually read this, but it felt good to get all this off my chest*

I vaguely remember you buying up bunch of those Ultimate Bet Chips. Kids and chipping doesn’t go well. I have 3 kids and each one progressively made me chip less and less. But haven’t kicked the habit completely yet

Good to see you back, man! Lot’s of cool chipping going on around here, as usual ;) Looking forward you more pr0n of your sets!

Some of us made the mistake of having the kids and THEN starting the chipping :banghead:

Looking forward to more pr0n and giveaways. Site is still full of cool peeps, and there have been a lot of fun giveaways lately, always a different way somehow! Two examples of recent craziness....

14 pages long, I think I lost on page 5. Lol this might be the most in depth giveaway https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...hotstamp-tournament-t25-t100-plus-more.55395/

This was a fun one for me to do, over 100 entries https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/huge-giveaway-winners-announced-yay.55550/

Definitely read the whole thing, welcome back. Congrats on the (new) baby, and glad to have you join us again. Sometimes we all need a break and a little reality! Chipping is wonderful and brings lots of joy to many of us, but life demands more on occasion. Having a renewed view and rekindled love for the site and its forth-bringings should be warming to the soul! Most members here are totally understanding and will be more than happy to have their friend back! Congrats on the chipset, looking forward to seeing you around!
Warmest regards, Brie

Welcome back! I remember your crazy big sets. You didn't do them half assed, that's for sure. And congrats on the baby, we had our first 10 months ago and there's been very little poker ever since.

Definitely worth the read, Ms. @FordPickup92 and I are only a year into our chipping journey and have 19 playable sets... I think when you get the disease bad... you get it really bad! Walking away I feel is absolutely understandable. Chips are like drugs and finding a balance of life to chipping hasn't happened for us yet... but it needs to!

As far as the forum and it's amazing members, we couldn't be more happy! Our local PCF crew here on the east coast is truly top notch!! They invited us in and treat us like family! So again welcome back and looking forward to the next chapter in your chippijg journey sir!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Welcome back to the game George, I think I bought some of your Grand Vic off you on your way out the last time. Congrats on the kid, they are everything. :cool

Tom

2000 Ultimate Bet Chips...
3DBFC855-8753-48ED-933C-43821DDC1E17.gif

I may have 220 of your UB Chips. I love them. Why no love for the UB chips?
Oh don't get me wrong, they're great, I just got a few thousand for 100 person tournament that only 25 showed up to :) and unfortunately there hasn't been tons of interest in the 25s and 100s which is what I have

Oh don't get me wrong, they're great, I just got a few thousand for 100 person tournament that only 25 showed up to :) and unfortunately there hasn't been tons of interest in the 25s and 100s which is what I have
That is a huge bummer and it's all good. Everything in moderation, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom