ISO this cheapo chip (1 Viewer)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
SSIA, really. looking to check out this blank seen labeled here in an image that was posted in 2007 on CT:

QPxFm7V.jpg

How many you need? I have a bunch, almost all with the glossy Las Vegas Pro labels. Tons of $5 chips. Going from memory only, it's around 2000 with that spot mold -- 900 tournament chips (25/100/500/1000) and around 1000 cash chips (white $1, red $5, and blue blanks). Also have about 1300 chips in the v2 spot config (which is more BJ-like than your posted photo) -- mostly $5's with some $1's. They mix well.

One of the better cheapo chip options, imo. My first non-slugged set. About 9g each with label.

PA-LVSPREAD.jpg

v2 spots:
pa-50stk.jpg

Last edited:
the v1s might work for me; not a fan of the v2s. given those colors, i'd probably be looking to relabel an upper denoms for the $1 to use fewer white-spotted chips. i'd keep the red/white as $5s, though. breakdown would be:

300 (1) - would use cream/blue 1K
1200 (5) - would use red/white 5
400 (25) - would use green/cream 25
100 (100) - would use black/white 100

how is the recess on these? does the label protrude at all?

EDIT: okay, just compared the image in BG's post to the one in OP. Dave, are the colors that appear "cream" in your post actually yellow IRL?

the v1s might work for me; not a fan of the v2s. given those colors, i'd probably be looking to relabel an upper denoms for the $1 to use fewer white-spotted chips. i'd keep the red/white as $5s, though. breakdown would be:

300 (1) - would use cream/blue 1K
1200 (5) - would use red/white 5
400 (25) - would use green/cream 25
100 (100) - would use black/white 100

how is the recess on these? does the label protrude at all?

EDIT: okay, just compared the image in BG's post to the one in OP. Dave, are the colors that appear "cream" in your post actually yellow IRL?

Plenty of recess depth for a laminated re-label job. Originals have a pretty thick glossy plastic lamination, comes off reasonably easy. No problem with spinners.

The top pic is fairly accurate, except for the 1000 chip -- it is little more orange-ish, definitely not cream, nor the brighter yellow found on the green and purple chips. This is probably a better rendition of the orange chip:
16stripeblankor.1.png

In reality, it's probably somewhere between the two pics. The difficulty in finding the larger denominations (purple and orange) at the time were one of the factors that led me elsewhere when I started needing a larger tourney set.

The colors for this chip mold can vary quite a bit, depending on when they were made. Later chips have a different purple (like OP pic), and the reds are more dull and not as red (like the OP pic, far left). Much later, when they introduced the two-stripe twist artwork, they also changed some colors and introduced new ones (see below). Reds became brighter, a true yellow and a new orange chip were added, along with a pink chip and new blue chips. However, they also became a bit more plastic, and lost some of the chalkiness and decent feel that the originals had. Similar to china clays, you face a trade-off of more vibrant colors versus a better handling (but duller looking) chip.

gloss2stripe.jpg

5twist_1_1_1_3_1.jpg
10twist_1_1_1_3_1.jpg
50twist_1_1_1_3_1.jpg
5000twist_1_1_1_3_1.jpg
1000twist_1_1_1_3_1.jpg

10000Twist_400_1_1_1_3_1.jpg

Thanks, Dave. I'll have to check them out. You want to sell me a stack of the various colors you have? If you have even numbers I can just order some from elsewhere.

I will drag 'em out Friday and get a firm count, unless you're in a rush.

Thanks, Dave. I'll have to check them out. You want to sell me a stack of the various colors you have? If you have even numbers I can just order some from elsewhere.

Sorry, I threw away 1200 of the V1 $1s when I moved down here... None of the players I knew wanted them. 8;(

I will drag 'em out Friday and get a firm count, unless you're in a rush.

i am almost never in a rush. thanks, Dave.

Sorry, I threw away 1200 of the V1 $1s when I moved down here... None of the players I knew wanted them. 8;(

no great loss. they sell online for .09 (first place i looked at least) and i don't think i'd ever want 1200 $1s anyhow.

FYI I've owned both versions of these chips. The original "Las Vegas" (v1) and the "twist" chips. IMO the "las vegas" handle very very well compared to the "twist". The "las vegas" remind me more of a bud jones chip and the "twist" felt more like plastic/abs.
Good Luck

FYI I've owned both versions of these chips. The original "Las Vegas" (v1) and the "twist" chips. IMO the "las vegas" handle very very well compared to the "twist". The "las vegas" remind me more of a bud jones chip and the "twist" felt more like plastic/abs.
Good Luck

good tip - thanks. i can't say i've scoured every site, but i didn't see the las vegas versions for sale anywhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom