Is this kind of fading normal? -- UPDATED (1 Viewer)

jdom1023

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey all,

Last year I did a video reviewing some some sample chips that I purchased. That video is here:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/a-newbies-top-10-poker-chip-list-w-video.31803/#post-583589

After 1 year, with these chips being kept in a closet with no exposure to UV rays....all of the China Clay Chips have faded pretty significantly.

See the attached picture below. The higher end chip samples from CPC, which were in the exact same closet. still look brand spanking new.

IS this normal for the lower end China clay chips?? or did I just get a bad sample set?

Thoughts?

Dom

Attachments

• IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 115
Maybe they need some oil to bring them back.
They look really thirsty - like they do sometimes when they come out of the ultrasonic.

Last edited:
I have a batch of Milanos that have faded significantly with no use. The pink $5000 are almost white. You get what you pay for..

@grantc54...agreed!! Those 2 different CPC chips on the bottom row (beside the Paulsons) still look mint despite being in the same plastic bag as the China clays.

I have 300 of those Majestic $5 chips and about 60 of them have the exact same issue. I have oiled them multiple times and they look great right after oiling but keep returning to the faded dried out look. The rest of them have been oiled once and continue to look fine. Weird.
I gave up & chalk it up to you get what you pay for

Hey all,

Last year I did a video reviewing some some sample chips that I purchased. That video is here:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/a-newbies-top-10-poker-chip-list-w-video.31803/#post-583589

After 1 year, with these chips being kept in a closet with no exposure to UV rays....all of the China Clay Chips have faded pretty significantly.

See the attached picture below. The higher end chip samples from CPC, which were in the exact same closet. still look brand spanking new.

IS this normal for the lower end China clay chips?? or did I just get a bad sample set?

Thoughts?

Dom
I had the same problem with my CC Pharaohs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom