Is this fake Milano 50c chip? (1 Viewer)

LeLe

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I found this cheap on my local area 25 for about usd $7.50.

But the Inlay is $0.50 instead of 50c, is it an older batch of Milano or fake?
It felt and stack at the same height as my current set it didn’t felt too much different.

10BB9B5C-DE0D-4BD3-A782-CD2F5B4FEF8E.jpeg
3D0B83A9-C8A6-4A6F-8106-622F75B71D31.jpeg

The chip itself is surely "authentic", here meaning made by the same factory using the same molds. The label is nonstandard, but anyone could have taken some Milano blanks and put their own sticker on it. The company that imports Milanos also imports blanks, and some retailers have made their own labels - for example, see these Crazy Horse chips from Straight Poker Supplies in Canada.

Besides having the wrong text, the label in your photo also has the wrong kerning (spacing between letters) for the word "MILANO" and has the wrong font for the numbers.

So someone for some reason got their hands on some fifty-cent Milano blanks, then made their own fifty-cent label and applied it, and then shrink-wrapped tubes of the fake chips and sold them.

It's also possible that the blanks themselves are fake, meaning made by a different factory using a knock-off of the original molds. I'd be surprised that someone went to the trouble to make their own molds; I wouldn't have expected that Milanos are such big-sellers that someone thought it was worthwhile to make knock-offs using new molds. My guess would have been that the blanks were unauthorized runs from the original factory that went out the side door, and then all they had to do was print knock-off labels and stick them on, and that's cheap and easy to do. Making new molds is harder and more expensive.

The colors on the chip in your photo don't look quite right, but they're close, and the difference could just be due to the lighting in your photo.

Here's a photo I found on the web of the real thing, for comparison:

1616764260022.png

Where'd you come across these?

It's also possible that the blanks themselves are fake, meaning made by a different factory using a knock-off of the original molds. I'd be surprised that someone went to the trouble to make their own molds; I wouldn't have expected that Milanos are such big-sellers that someone thought it was worthwhile to make knock-offs using new molds. My guess would have been that the blanks were unauthorized runs from the original factory that went out the side door, and then all they had to do was print knock-off labels and stick them on, and that's cheap and easy to do. Making new molds is harder and more expensive.

And that is an all-too common occurrence in chinese factories. Thats where most "fakes" come from.

I have Crazy Horse labelled Milano's the 50c version was from a 2015 production that looks exactly the same as your chip.....I wish the entire set I have was made out of that material they are 80-90% as good as paulson's regarding stacking and balance. The 2017 set which has better control for thickness is somewhat thinner. The chips look right, they may be slightly thicker than more recently printed Milano's otherwise you have a valid 50c chip

bonus is they are less common and rare versions then they should be theoretically more secure chips to play.

LOspZs5.jpg

(above) both 50c and $50 are from 2015 production the rest are 2017.

from 2015 production the rest are 2017.
Yes the Milano set i bought are from the older batch, the local store supplier have both the old and new batch available, I sample both and I like the older batch colour more they look much more seasoned in Colour (eps the $25 green) and they are also slightly cheaper maybe due to the supplier wanting to clear the older stock first

Yes the Milano set i bought are from the older batch, the local store supplier have both the old and new batch available, I sample both and I like the older batch colour more they look much more seasoned in Colour (eps the $25 green) and they are also slightly cheaper maybe due to the supplier wanting to clear the older stock first
if its the old batch load up. so long as you don't mind slight height differences in different denomination (I only notice a difference btw the 2015 to 2017 versions) the 2015's stack like bricks.

if its the old batch load up. so long as you don't mind slight height differences in different denomination (I only notice a difference btw the 2015 to 2017 versions) the 2015's stack like bricks.
I think mine is all from the same batch all the demo stack at the same height even the extra 50c demo that I bought seperately from different store

They are quite stable and stacking them really felt like a brick of wall

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom