Is this a good Ultrasonic for cleaning chips? (1 Viewer)

I'm pretty sure most people use 6L Ultrasonics so that would be really small and the person from the ultrasonic sticky suggests a lot more ultrasonic power than that (not necessarily heat power).

The most important thing is the transducers/ultrasonic watts. Your best bet is to look for a machine with 180w of power for the ultrasonic transducers. You can probably get by with 120, but if you go down that low you may have to run the chips in there a bit longer, and that's not ideal. It's also better if the machine has two transducers instead of 1, but sometimes the machine specs won't tell you that information.

I very recently acquired some old Reno hot stamp Paulsons. The chips are probably 30-40 years old and although dirty, the hot stamps are still in great shape. What would be the best method to clean them? I'm skeptical about tossing them into the ultrasonic out of fear that it will affect the nice (but old) gold stamping on the chips. Any feedback from someone with experience would be much appreciated(y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom