Is this 357 set worth 100.00. I think they are fan of cards. (1 Viewer)

Brand new spinettis was selling these for $1 each. Kardwell Int still has some $.50 in stock at $1.25 each. Why did I pay that? Because I needed specific denoms out of another person's set to build what I needed. I have recently sold these to very well established members that were happy to get them for $1.25 each! And those were BCC chips. I didn't say they were worth $2 a chip, they were worth that to me to get my set playable... I guess I'm the only person ever to do such a thing!

@Rockets_Full no it was not meant as an insult... guess I was a bit edgy. But you said i think these chips are fan of cards... a small amount of reserch would tell you that is exactly what they are and what they are worth. I understand you are new and I apologize for the snide remark... but you were asking if real clay chips are worth the going rate for ABS plastic slugs, these might not be for everyone but they are my babies, I am proud of what I built and not ashamed of what it took to get there.

Fantastic pick up sir, I hope it all works out and looking forward to what you think of them! No they are never going to be top notch but still pretty awesome chips for us newer members, they are bright and vibrant, very inviting to new players.
No offense intended, bud. I guess I’m just wrong about the value of these.

I would jump on this for $100 fast as I could. Great deal

@Rockets_Full no it was not meant as an insult... guess I was a bit edgy. But you said i think these chips are fan of cards... a small amount of reserch would tell you that is exactly what they are and what they are worth. I understand you are new and I apologize for the snide remark... but you were asking if real clay chips are worth the going rate for ABS plastic slugs, these might not be for everyone but they are my babies, I am proud of what I built and not ashamed of what it took to get there.
You expect way too much from the OP. I defy you or anybody else in this forum to find somebody who knows nothing about poker chips, to show them the chips in the OP, and have them find out they are “fan of cards”, without coming to PCF.

Practically impossible. With no text on the chip, only a lucky hit on an Internet search or eBay search would be successful.

OP, buy the chips.

You expect way too much from the OP. I defy you or anybody else in this forum to find somebody who knows nothing about poker chips, to show them the chips in the OP, and have them find out they are “fan of cards”, without coming to PCF.

Practically impossible. With no text on the chip, only a lucky hit on an Internet search or eBay search would be successful.

OP, buy the chips.

all you have to do is google search "card poker chip royal flush clay maybe ceramic or somthing else maybe plastic" and bang...
come on bro, do we have to do all the work for you?

Last edited:
Or maybe the OP's arrival coincided with the seller's commencement of his weekly all-night, Covid-19-free .25/.50 NLHE poker game and the OP was obliged to take a seat at the table as he waited patiently for the true evening's winnings -- 357 chips for $100 (plus gas)...

I got the after work story for weeks. Three hours is soldier status. I see good things in your future. Keep up the good work.
He ghosted me. Never called after work.
The reason I had asked about the fan of cards. I was reading another story on this Forum where someone paid 100.00 for a similar set, to find out they were not BCC and something fake. I did so some research. I was hoping to get your all opinion to see if they may be fake.
i will still try to get in touch. Yesterday for lunch time we were chatting back and forth.

He ghosted me. Never called after work.
The reason I had asked about the fan of cards. I was reading another story on this Forum where someone paid 100.00 for a similar set, to find out they were not BCC and something fake. I did so some research. I was hoping to get your all opinion to see if they may be fake.
i will still try to get in touch. Yesterday for lunch time we were chatting back and forth.
Good luck, but don’t lose any sleep. Deals like this fall apart all the time. Sellers who aren’t selling on eBay are flakey. And once they get multiple offers and realize their asking price is too low . . . well, just don’t hold your breath.

He wrote me this yesterday out of the blue. Just so you know after jerking me around like this I personally won’t pay him a damn cent. He can shove it up his non integrity having a$$. I don’t care if it’s worth a million. Word is bond.
AE895A7D-E80C-4B56-8C29-69E9C103B17F.png

Where's the guy who called everyone middle class white nerds for trying to buy off facebook. Someone tag him in this.

Where's the guy who called everyone middle class white nerds for trying to buy off facebook. Someone tag him in this.
Not me. But I think people who try to buy of Facebook (not locally) are just setting themselves up for this.
If you don’t mind taking a lot of shots and getting rejected most of the time, go for it. But if somebody was comfortable with PayPal and with packing and shipping, they’d be listing on eBay, not Facebook.

Not me. But I think people who try to buy of Facebook (not locally) are just setting themselves up for this.
If you don’t mind taking a lot of shots and getting rejected most of the time, go for it. But if somebody was comfortable with PayPal and with packing and shipping, they’d be listing on eBay, not Facebook.

They also might want cash or a way to avoid exorbitant eBay/PayPal fees

edit: eBay is always my last choice when I sell chips

I have had plenty of good tranactions on both facebook marketplace and craigslist. Including with poker chips

IMG_3635.jpg

They also might want cash or a way to avoid exorbitant eBay/PayPal fees

edit: eBay is always my last choice when I sell chips
Yeah but you’re here, so you don’t need eBay.
And you’re kind of making my point. If somebody wants to be paid in cash, they’re looking for a local transaction.

Worse than Craigslist. CL people fall into three categories; 1) still available/lowball email, then silence, 2) actually meet you then try to renegotiate the price in person (my least favorite type), and 3) human beings, they show up at the pre-arranged time & place and pony up the agreed upon amount.

That FB guy seems to just want an electronic pen pal. Terrible.

Last edited:
Last update on this. He wanted me to send a check or money order, then he would send the chips. Lol yea right. His FB says he’s a Engineer, yet he’s never heard of PayPal or not good at technology from what he told me.
He is a scammer.

Last update on this. He wanted me to send a check or money order, then he would send the chips. Lol yea right. His FB says he’s a Engineer, yet he’s never heard of PayPal or not good at technology from what he told me.
He is a scammer.
That sucks brother, at least you smelled through the scam and didn't loose your money! Maybe report it to the market place?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom