Is there anything more tilting

Anthony Martino

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Than the guy putting his chips in stacks of 5?

20200711_134026.jpg

Highli99

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A guy I used to play with would have his chips in stacks of different amounts, anywhere from 4 to 10 chips. He would evenly space them out in a random pattern that extended Vertically from the edge of the table to the betting line and horizontally from as far left and right as his neighbors allowed. I called it his kingdom and he was always trying to expand. It was a long time ago so regrettably I don’t have pictures.

Coyote

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a person's stack is neat and consistent and countable (which is an obligation, anyway), it's OK with me

DoubleEagle

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TDA rule which should be used in cash games as well:

25: Cards & Chips Kept Visible, Countable, & Manageable. Discretionary Color-Ups

A: Players, dealers, and the floor are entitled to a reasonable estimation of chip counts; thus, chips should be kept in countable stacks. The TDA recommends clean vertical stacks of 20 same denomination chips each as a standard. Higher denomination chips must be visible and identifiable at all times. If a floorperson cannot look at a chipstack and quickly estimate its value, players likely can’t either.

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had someone at our table do stacks of four, and called him his little pueblos....

Pissed me off when I dealt.

Top Bottom