Is Mandy poker chips legit? (2 Viewers)

It’s a replica
But no the same :D
But all good
I saw a video on YouTube talking about the difference
That’s all
End the story:p
They own the Rounders design as they are the original manufacturer’s of them (ASM = CPC). They will not make the exact same chip as the movie due to the contract that they have with Miramax so they make replicas so that we can have the closest thing possible.

Do any of you guys know if Mandy poker chips is a legit seller and not some scam? Also why is there two Mandy poker chip websites?
I know they are replicas but I just wanted to know whether Mandy poker chips was a complete scam or not and didn’t just take your money and didn’t actually send the chips. It just seemed a little sketchy.

A few of us understood what you were asking.

There is a bit of ambiguity introduced by using the term “legit seller,”as this particular business does not appear to comply with domestic norms, and perhaps laws, relating to the use of others’ designs and/or intellectual property.

You were focused on whether it was just some BS website or if they actually make and ship product. Others were focused on the other part.

This issue has come up with some regularity in this community, dating back at least to the Chris Moneymaker era, as people often want to design customs that “look just like” some other chips they previously saw.

At least they don't post our photos and say that the chips are theirs like others do...have to give them a little bit of credit I guess. :rolleyes:

Gene, I think you should post a list of online vendors who are using your art without your permission. I don't want any forum member to inadvertently support an obvious scammer.

Gene, I think you should post a list of online vendors who are using your art without your permission. I don't want any forum member to inadvertently support an obvious scammer.
I know that the chips are replicas but is the company a scam in general?

I know that the chips are replicas but is the company a scam in general?
Yes. They are selling Gene's protected designs and not compensating Gene for it. Replicas look similar but have some differences. These are illegal copies, not replicas.

might aswell avoid anyway for $0.55/chip for ceramics you might aswell just get some tiki kings or nevada jacks, they're not much more

If anyone Is interested in the EPT chip replicas, kailegame Is the one making them (not sure If It's allowed to post links here, but you can google them anyway. It's a big chinese company, shop on amazon & alibaba etc).

As far as I've understood they are the ones that are producing the EPT replicas that pop here and there. They are asking 0.27 for each chip (You can customize values & colors as you wish). So If you're paying more than that, you are getting screwed by 3rd party sellers that might ask for double price for the exact same product. (zaf.ru, mandypoker etc).

I've ordered 500 chips among other poker equipment from them(kailegame). Should receive them In a day or two, can post photos later.
Shipping costs to Europe were brutal though, that I can tell you.

But yeah just a heads up for anyone thinking of buying EPT replicas.

Do any of you guys know if Mandy poker chips is a legit seller and not some scam? Also why is there two Mandy poker chip websites?
Hello. Wondering if you ended up buying chips from Mandy poker chips? I saw the site and was thinking about getting a sample to see if it’s legit. Thank you.

Hello. Wondering if you ended up buying chips from Mandy poker chips? I saw the site and was thinking about getting a sample to see if it’s legit. Thank you.
I got samples but that was enough for me, worst ceramics I handled.
But Mandy poker chips seems serious to me!

A few of us understood what you were asking.

There is a bit of ambiguity introduced by using the term “legit seller,”as this particular business does not appear to comply with domestic norms, and perhaps laws, relating to the use of others’ designs and/or intellectual property.

You were focused on whether it was just some BS website or if they actually make and ship product. Others were focused on the other part.

This issue has come up with some regularity in this community, dating back at least to the Chris Moneymaker era, as people often want to design customs that “look just like” some other chips they previously saw.
good point! Isn't there a saying: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Yes. It’s also a good form of copyright infringement and trademark violation.
Good reply. I've seen many clipart images that I might consider, but it would be for my private custom chip set if I ever get off the pot. Companies that go online and steal the image and make money off of it is illegal. Yes, you are correct.

They originally registered their site on 2019-09-11 using Alibaba as their registrar. They use a 3-month free Let's Encrypt certificate. These are red flags when considering whether or not an online shop is legit or not. The fact that they've been here for over 2 years is surprising. I would personally still stay away.

They originally registered their site on 2019-09-11 using Alibaba as their registrar. They use a 3-month free Let's Encrypt certificate. These are red flags when considering whether or not an online shop is legit or not. The fact that they've been here for over 2 years is surprising. I would personally still stay away.
I recall Arthur Andersen was around for 100 yrs. Look what happened to them. Hint: Houston's ballpark is now known as Minute Maid Park.

I am skittish about sites like that. I even baled out on 200 of my 300 draftkings stock. I am still hedging my bet and keeping the 100 shares. The CEO is sabre rattling re. his quotes. The only one I heard of that can back it up is Carl Icahn. and guess what? He is or was a poker player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom