Is it rude to ask, “why?” (1 Viewer)

JRReynolds6181

Two Pair
Reaction score
I see people say stuff on the forum all the time that make me very curious- stuff like, “Oh! I need exactly 4 1/2 of this exact chip!” or “I need one all in chip, three left ski poles from 1982 Head downhill skis, Swiss only, and a mans hat filled with perfume with a single plum floating in it.” I always want to post just the word “why?” but I don’t know if in a forum like this that would be considered rude. Is it?
EDIT: of course I would be more polite than just “why?” that’s an exaggeration. I would explain myself.

vector-guy-meme-why-face-any-design-eps-77270683.jpg

the approach I'd take and have taken in the past is, 'I'm interested in this post because I have a bunch of X, Y and Z, but I'm curious, why are you looking for W?'

Something I've found here is people are overwhelmingly happy if you are genuinely curious to talk about damn near anything that they are interested in.

Thanks guys. It sounds like without more than just a passing curiosity I’ll hold my tongue. I just find it interesting when people need odd denominations and things like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom