Is it problematic to mix players from two different game sizes? (1 Viewer)

LIMIT poker fixes all this shit.....well amost:

which is tough when recruiting new players because "it's not real poker."

Cap the buyins ($60 sounds reasonable) and strap in for a ride on the variance train! Guaranteed not to be a boring night. The only other thing you could/probably should do is make a cap to 1 straddle per hand. Other than that, its NL poker.

The only other thing you could/probably should do is make a cap to 1 straddle per hand. Other than that, its NL poker.
I have held firm on only the first straddle is live in my home game. Everything after that is a dark raise.

LIMIT poker fixes all this shit.....well amost:

Cap the buyins ($60 sounds reasonable) and strap in for a ride on the variance train! Guaranteed not to be a boring night. The only other thing you could/probably should do is make a cap to 1 straddle per hand. Other than that, its NL poker.

I think we did .50/1 limit before covid. I'm hoping these stakes with a $40-60 buy in will keep the game going for a few hours before it breaks when people bust.

Now...how to deal with the "not real poker" problem.. I've been meaning to setup another thread about this.

Now...how to deal with the "not real poker" problem.. I've been meaning to setup another thread about this.
I figure you would prefer cash, but low buy-in single table double or nothing turbo tournaments are a great way to introduce new games to players. You could have two to three tables going for something like $5 or $10 buy-ins with 8 or 10 players per table. Once the table reaches 4 or 5 players, everyone left wins double the buy-in and another tournament starts with a different game. With 3 tables going, you could get to play a variety of different games for cheap in one night just to learn and experiment. Also, even if you bust early, there will be another tournament starting up fairly soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom