Is it possible to replace felt on this table? (1 Viewer)

RedXC

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello so I was planning on building a table and buying gaming suede from tchan. However, I was gifted this table which I am grateful for. I'd like to replace the felt though. I thought I'd just remove the rail and go to work but I can't even see how the rail is attached. Sorry if the pictures don't illustrate it well. The only anchor points I see are stables through the edge of the vinyl into the main oval of wood. The only thing I can think is to take out hundreds of those stables and look for screws to remove. Any thoughts? Are some tablets impossible to refelt without completely deconstructing? Thank you for any and all help.

IMG_6569.jpg
IMG_6570.jpg
IMG_6571.jpg

IMG_6572.jpg

I had a round table of similar construction that I refurbed with new surface foam, cloth, rail foam, and vinyl.

It was made entirely of MDF and had a million staples to remove like yours. Screws were hidden underneath. The rail was actually multiple pieces of MDF stapled together.

It turned out ok. But the lesson I learned that it was way more effort than it was worth. I will never do it again. I'll start from scratch next time. MDF is the worst material for a poker table.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200724-163213.png
    Screenshot_20200724-163213.png
    305.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20200724_162358.jpg
    IMG_20200724_162358.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 120
In some cases u can leave the stapes in for the upholstery and just feel the screw heads which are most likely underneath the bottom rail material. Cut a screwdriver hole and use a quality colored duct tape when your done.

You need to remove the strip of strapping which is likely hiding the screw heads. If you remove that strip, but don't see any screws, instead you see a ton of staples, then it might not be re-feltable without completely dis-assembling the rail upholstery.

Looks glued together maybe. A friend of mine had a similar looking table that we tried to refelt but it had to be destroyed to take it apart. Barrington table solved it for him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom