Is it harder to learn how to cut chips (like a dealer would) with Bud Jones than Paulsons (1 Viewer)

spellholly

Pair
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am trying to work on my dealer skills and practicing cutting chips/ cheques.

My $1 cheques are Bud Jones, so I have been trying to work with them- but I am wondering if Paulsons might be easier to learn with as they are less slippery.

Would it be better to practice with my Paulsons first then move on to the Bud Jones- or does it really not matter?

It depends a bit on which bud jones chips you’re using, but regardless, the answer is YES.
That said, if you’re going to be playing with bud jones chips most of the time, it probably makes sense to be working with them.

It depends a bit on which bud jones chips you’re using, but regardless, the answer is YES.
That said, if you’re going to be playing with bud jones chips most of the time, it probably makes sense to be working with them.
That makes sense- but I use Paulsons for my higher value cheques- maybe I will start there and move to the Bud Jones.

Good insight :) Thanks!

Hi all,
I am trying to work on my dealer skills and practicing cutting chips/ cheques.

My $1 cheques are Bud Jones, so I have been trying to work with them- but I am wondering if Paulsons might be easier to learn with as they are less slippery.

Would it be better to practice with my Paulsons first then move on to the Bud Jones- or does it really not matter?
I don’t think it matters at all. I’m very skilled myself with handling chips , and can cut plastics just as good as Paulsons.
if actually I can advice you to work with bud jones instead of Paulsons. Because once you’re able to cut chips like bud jones , you will cut Paulsons too.

Which bud jones chips? I find my S2 and R4 chips are some of the easiest to cut and shuffle because of the "slippery" feel. If they seem more difficult, they're probably worth practicing with as then cutting clay chips will be even easier for you.

Which bud jones chips? I find my S2 and R4 chips are some of the easiest to cut and shuffle because of the "slippery" feel. If they seem more difficult, they're probably worth practicing with as then cutting clay chips will be even easier for you.
How do I know which I have? If I sent a picture would that help?

Yeah picture would do it.
1616538057709.png

S2. I personally love these. No label will cause them to have less surface tension since only the edges touch, so that would make them worse on the slippery scale

S2. I personally love these. No label will cause them to have less surface tension since only the edges touch, so that would make them worse on the slippery scale
So I am gonna have Gear print me up some laminated Labels- will that help do you think?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom