Is Customs shut down too? (1 Viewer)

longflop

Flush
Reaction score
I've got a set of labels from @Gear coming that I wanted to get applied to my 8V's in time for the club championship on Feb 2nd. Gear shipped them out on the 16th, and according to Canada Post and USPS, they are just kind of stuck. Canada Post says they were delivered on the 17th, which I assume is to customs, and USPS shows no movement since.

Is this due to the government shutdown, or is this just a standard Customs "good enough for government work" moment?

Shouldn't be shutdown:

My last order of @Gear labels took almost three weeks to arrive after they were mailed. Previous orders took just 6-8 business days.

I've had other packages sit in customs for as little as a couple of hours, up to a couple of months.

Bottom line (for me) is to never plan on a fixed time line for international deliveries, because it's pointless. :banghead:

Canada Post says they were delivered on the 17th, which I assume is to customs...
No... delivered means delivered to you in postie lingo. If it was sitting in Customs you would see something to that effect, assuming it was scanned correctly. If you shoot me a PM with your tracking PIN I may be able to get you more info as I work for Canada Post. @Gear can vouch for me as he's met me at my place of work.

Mail has become ultra slow from the US to Greece lately too. One month-ish. Dunno why - was it the festive season?:rolleyes:
Once in the hands of the Customs, you are taxed 29% on everything including the shipping cost plus tariffs, asked to provide a transaction receipt or transcript to verify that the goods cost indeed that much and that they are tokens and not drugs, and charged a standard 20smth EUR fee for having been cheeky enough to bother an honourable Government Agency out of their tranquility in order to just give them your money.:banghead:
Haven't ever lost anything though. God help chippers.

No... delivered means delivered to you in postie lingo. If it was sitting in Customs you would see something to that effect, assuming it was scanned correctly. If you shoot me a PM with your tracking PIN I may be able to get you more info as I work for Canada Post. @Gear can vouch for me as he's met me at my place of work.

That would be great. There is something definitely wrong here... tracking says it was "Out for Delivery" a week ago in Richmond BC. Say what?

Mail has become ultra slow from the US to Greece lately too. One month-ish. Dunno why - was it the festive season?:rolleyes:
Once in the hands of the Customs, you are taxed 29% on everything including the shipping cost plus tariffs, asked to provide a transaction receipt or transcript to verify that the goods cost indeed that much and that they are tokens and not drugs, and charged a standard 20smth EUR fee for having been cheeky enough to bother an honourable Government Agency out of their tranquility in order to just give them your money.:banghead:
Haven't ever lost anything though. God help chippers.

Yeesh, and I complain about the customs fees and additional admin fees they tack on here in Switzerland... I don't even think I could justify importing anything at the rates you guys get saddled with! :eek:

Even here items can sit for weeks at the Post customs office, though the longest have been just over two weeks... thankfully not MONTHS! I can hardly fathom how inefficient an operation must be to have delays like that. I guess, when it absolutely, positively has to be there on time, FedEx!

This is almost getting comical at this point. Tried to take a look with USPS today and this is what I got.

Of course there is difficulties. Still holding out hope to get them in time for the March tourney. Come on USPS!

That's utterly pathetic, even considering that it's deep winter. I'll be pursuing a refund or some kind of compensation from Canada Post on your behalf.

That's utterly pathetic, even considering that it's deep winter. I'll be pursuing a refund or some kind of compensation from Canada Post on your behalf.
It did seem a bit out of the ordinary. This is my 4th order and the other three were no problems whatsoever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom