is cheating in poker real? (1 Viewer)

Vertucci is also a co-owner of the hustler live show right? Be kinda pointless.
Maybe get WW to ask Garret :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You don't always stare down when you are thinking or at the poker table in general. Looking up at what? What are you trying to link this with? More context is needed.

A link to the video clip you are referencing might help here.

I know I don't spend enough time looking up to see other players and how they are interacting with their chips, the players around them, sitting comfortably or jittery. While many players do a reasonable job suppressing physical tells, they do exist and the only way you are going to catch them is by looking away from your hand and the space on the table in front of you.

Looking up and seeing how other players react to your bet when it happens might tell you something about their hand and their comfort level with it. You're going to miss that if you aren't looking up.

If he was looking for help, what is he looking for? He’s in different seats and not looking at the same spot, so how would that work? How would he see a signal that others don’t?

If you want to dig into something scammy, just look into his real estate academy.
49AEB051-95C3-4628-A25A-9458D4796116.jpeg

Also there could be a timer on each hand. He could be looking at the clock before folding or calling. Sometimes I see time bank plaques used on these streams.

Last edited:
Cheating are real but I don’t believed in this occasion he is cheating

I think he is trying not to give any tell by always looking up at the same spot before he decided to make the decision to fold call or raise

Vertucci certainly takes advantage of being part owner of the Hustler streams, like making sure he's in favorable positions against the stronger and more LAG players, but cheating? No, I don't think so.

P.S. his meltdown on Two Plus Two when he was called out on this was a good read

You don't always stare down when you are thinking or at the poker table in general. Looking up at what? What are you trying to link this with? More context is needed.
i think he is looking up to see light that turns on and off next to camera or just implemented into the wall when time to bet or fold. He really is the only one player doing this. The way he looks up is really in the center, certain spot. No matter the seat. You really have to sit, analyze and watch when turn comes to him to see what i mean. He doesnt do this all the time, mostly when his hand is weak.

i think he is looking up to see light that turns on and off next to camera or just implemented into the wall when time to bet or fold. He really is the only one player doing this. The way he looks up is really in the center, certain spot. No matter the seat. You really have to sit, analyze and watch when turn comes to him to see what i mean. He doesnt do this all the time, mostly when his hand is weak.
A light turning on and off is too obvious. He is probably looking at the clock/timer as he making a last second decision. There is a shot clock timer for these games and explains why he is looking there consistently when it's time to fold or call.

Certainly cheating happens, regardless of what is going on in this particular video.

In years of hosting, I have had two incidents. One involved two brand new players, who only played one time and clearly appeared to be signaling each other. Multiple regs noticed, and the pair did not get a second invite.

The second involved a player I had known for many years, and who had been accused of cheating in other games. I discounted such accusations for far too long, believing them to be based in jealousy at his poker skills. And also because he was a good friend to me and others in my game.

However, credible accusations finally did arise about his play (mostly involving the way he handled cards). Another reg—also a good friend of the cheater—joined me in monitoring his behavior very closely for two games. Finally, with great regret we had to conclude that he was in fact looking at cards in the deck and arranging them whenever he got a chance. He was kicked out of the game, which caused quite a stir, since all of us had played together for such a long time.

A few disbelieving friends still play with him in a different game he hosts, and consistently lose to him.

There is a long thread on this if you search on cheat and my username.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom