Is bumping allowed at TCB? (1 Viewer)

kaimat

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I posted a Wanted ad for Harolds Club chips over at TCB a few weeks ago. I don't know the etiquette there and don't want to upset the community, does anyone know if bumping threads is allowed over there or if it is frowned upon? If so, how often is appropriate for that crowd?

You should be okay in doing it every few days or so. One thing to note is that depending on how people have their "view" settings, they may not see the original post, so I would suggest replying to your original post, but making sure to include a reference to what you are looking for. Meaning instead of just saying "bump" I would put "WTB Harold's Club" or something like that.

It doesn’t seem to be an issue. @PocketAces has bumped his a number of times (maybe once a week?). Alex you get any angry emails sent to you? :LOL: :laugh:

haha I was expecting this :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I bump roughly once a week, usually with a price update and/or a quantity update, and I have multiple WTB (of course).

Have not received any angry emails (so far), but I haven’t had a ton of success finding chips either.

@ReallyGoodUsername: all the emails I receive are usually very friendly (might have to do with how much $ I’m offering :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:)

Generally speaking TCB collectors do not look favorably on PCF collectors. They view the chips as collectable pieces to be viewed and preserved. We collect sets and (should) put them in play.

They view it similar to licking an old stamp and putting it in the mail.

The funny thing about that though is we are buying so many of the old chips, it is making their collections more valuable. However, there is also a chance when we sell the set, it could have a similar affect on the value of their collection that a "hoard find" has had historically. This has yet to be determined though as piecing together sets one at a time has been a relatively new trend.

Honestly most of them on there are older people and many of us younger guys are welcome there. I haven't had anything negative happen there, many of them know who I am and really love the history videos that I do and post there. As far as the sets, they could probably have mixed opinions. Many of them might think it's cool and many of them might think they have a rare chip. See a set and think otherwise.

I'd say bumping has no effect and if it helps you find things you are looking for then, it's worth it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom