is brad owen a good player to watch (1 Viewer)

thatguyyouknow

Sitting Out
Reaction score
hey all i just stared looking for a player to watch play poker to see what they do and how there calls affect the table. i found brad owen on youtube and was wondering if any one else had recommendations for people to watch either on YT or twitch

Thanks

I don't know if his channel is good for poker education or not... I'd suggest watching a few of his videos and see if you feel as though you're learning anything. If anything he discusses confuses you, post a thread in the strategy section to get additional feedback.

I enjoy watching him. I appreciate his humor and find the videos entertaining. I'm not sure how much he intends the videos to be educational though I'm sure most of us could probably find something to take away.

One of the best vloggers, but certainly not one of the best players. As others have stated, vloggers probably aren't the best people to watch for educational purposes.

Mariano is another brilliant YouTuber, and probably a better player in my opinion.

I've watched a few of Brad Owen's videos. They're entertaining. I enjoy the way he presents hands with the graphics, etc. Haven't watched alot of poker vlogs but of the few I've watched, I've enjoyed his more than the others.

I love Brad Owen and his friend Andrew Neeme, both YouTube Poker Vloggers. Brad has much more of an emphasis on the poker hands, and I find them super entertaining. I think as an educational tool any poker vlog isn’t the best. It might help to get you an idea of how certain stakes play, but I watch them for his sense of humor and to pass the time. I stick to books for actual strategy stuff

Definitely entertaining and he does a good job talking about his strategy at the moment in that hand and why he makes the moves he does. As stated by others, I wouldn’t consider it purely educational, but then again just seeing more and more hands play out and betting styles helps you learn part of the game.

I definitely agree that he’s entertaining. I just came across his channel recently. Not sure if he has a video on winnings or not but it seems like he has moved from 1-2 to about 5-10 and some 10-20 NL now per his most recent videos.

If you can do well at that level consistently that’s certainly better than the average player. My recommendation is to read/watch all types of winning players. You should be able to learn something from each one of them.

I agree with alot of what is said here. I wouldnt watch ANY of these bloggers hoping to improve your game, they are entertaining. Brad is the easiest to watch for sure. He gets a lot of bad wrap for not being that good, but he is doing pretty dang well at 5/10 these days. I think he has been working hard on his game.

THE MOST ENTERTAINING and it's not even close: Wes Cutshall. Unfortunately he only has like 25 vids. Do not try to play like him though...his game is insanity.

I consider his voice annoying. That is why I prefer Andrew Neeme vlog. This has nothing to do with his poker skills. And I was really heartbroken and sorry for him when he lost custody of his cat.

For some reasons the voice is important for me. Noticed that I like some YouTube channels because of the tembre of narrator, one of the reasons I find Doug Polk equally annoying. Again, nothing to do with a content.

Brad is the most entertaining vlogger (solid player too)
Marianio is the best playing vlogger
Neeme is the most middle of the road vlogger
Rampage is a river binking luckbox who’s the worst player since Jamie Gold to win a bracelet.
Ryan depaulo shouldn’t exist
I agree Brad is most entertaining. He is also good player but some of his play is suspect.

totally agree about mariano

agree on Neme as well but he is the OG that inspired the genre.

rampge - agree but also entertaining.

DePaulo. Ugh you’re harsh! He has some redeeming qualities. Such as parkour. And his friend the mush. Plus his raps.

lol, literally watching his latest blog right now and after a terrible play Brad says "I really hope you're just here for entertainment and not to learn anything". haha

Love that guy
Watched this today and it made me believe, he has visited this site recently.

Did I win?
Hell, I thought I won, but I guess nobody watches Cutshall.

It's that same giddy feeling I get when talking to millennials about music movies and they say they havent seen High Fidelity yet. "Im like OMG, do I have something special for you!" (they never watch it though)

EDIT: wait, I think I am missing an inside bit.

And that's why I wouldn't watch him. Tournament poker sucks. ;)
Whatever bro. Cash poker is for people with bigger bankrolls than attention spans. It’s bad enough to play, but to watch? Boring AF. Just a bunch of hands with no storyline.

Whatever bro. Cash poker is for people with bigger bankrolls than attention spans. It’s bad enough to play, but to watch? Boring AF. Just a bunch of hands with no storyline.
Tournament storyline:

shove...

Shove...

And

SHOVE!

but seriously, the “;)” was there for a reason. Take the joke.

Confirmed: Ryan Depaulo is one of us.

Screenshot_20210421_201331.jpg

I’m a subscriber to Brad’s channel.

Like what was said already, he may not be the best player (though against him I’d be an absolute victim) but certainly he is really fun to watch.

He’s quick to point out his own mistakes and isn’t afraid to post vlogs where he’s gotten smashed. I’d say watching him has helped my game slightly.

Poker Out Loud is good, too. An interesting format and usually has some solid players. Currently featuring Landon Tice.

I like Mariano the best. His production quality is higher than Brad’s, and I also think he has become a better player than Brad. I really like his content.

I enjoy Brad’s too, but Mariano has overtaken him for me.

Rampage is getting crushed in current Poker Out Loud session, though I think most of that was from a single hand with JJ.

Rampage is getting crushed in current Poker Out Loud session, though I think most of that was from a single hand with JJ.
It’s too slow for me, but I may have to watch that just to see him get crushed. Nice guy, great for the game, but I just can’t stand watching him win by sucking out constantly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom