Is anyone planning to meetup during WSOP?

NiceShot

Flush
Reaction score
Title says it all. I am thinking of making the bucket list trip to Vegas with some friends for the WSOP. Curious how many other chippers are planning to attend the event.

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
I went in 2007 and 2009 but not going this year. Found the best deals on the Vegas.com site (compared with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, etc) but YMMV since it's been years since I've been. Hope you'll share some pics and a trip report with us, have fun and win big!

NiceShot

Flush
Reaction score
Thanks. I will check out the vegas site you suggest. I have used it before and the prices were good.

http://www.wsop.com/2015/ also has rate deals for the event.

I can't afford the main event but may be playing the daily's which are $275 I think. Hopefully, I can get the time off to go.

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
When I went I didn't play any WSOP tourneys but did hit plenty of cash games all around. For tourneys I opted for the Venetian Deepstack instead of the Caesars series that was running because they had larger attendance and a better structure.

NiceShot

Flush
Reaction score
How did it go? Lots of fish at these events I heard. I may be one of them haha.

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
How did it go? Lots of fish at these events I heard. I may be one of them haha.

I had Kings, was the second raiser and got it all-in against a third raiser who had AK and sent me home with an Ace on the river, so wasn't in for any appreciable amount of time. There'll be a good mix of pro's and recreational players.

snooptodd

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure I'll be going to cover (and play in) the Colossus. Am going to profile people who, like me, are playing in their first WSOP event, so if you're going, definitely let me know either here in the thread or send me a DM.

NiceShot

Flush
Reaction score
I had Kings, was the second raiser and got it all-in against a third raiser who had AK and sent me home with an Ace on the river, so wasn't in for any appreciable amount of time. There'll be a good mix of pro's and recreational players.

Ouch kings cracked on the river.

NiceShot

Flush
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure I'll be going to cover (and play in) the Colossus. Am going to profile people who, like me, are playing in their first WSOP event, so if you're going, definitely let me know either here in the thread or send me a DM.

Cool. I will definitely hit you up if my schedule works out. Several guys from my local crew are going as well.

Steverino

Pair
Reaction score
the Aria has a real nice tourney. I've played in it quite a few times and cashed twice. One min cash and one nice one in 11th place. Be careful early on since its a rebuy tourney (Unless you are the rebuying type).

NiceShot

Flush
Reaction score
Super bummed... looks like based on my work schedule I will likely not make it this year since I'll have a new project to run on top of my current one... I'm supposed to get a 2 month sabbatical off within the next two years... maybe I can time it for next year.

I'm curious to see if any chippers meet up this year though. Post pics if you do!

Top Bottom