Is anyone noticing any trouble backspacing in a message box while on mobile? (1 Viewer)

Funny enough, it doesn't happen when posting in the thread title box. Every time I hit backspace while posting a message on mobile, my keyboard disappears and I have to tap the cursor to get it back. Real pain in the butt.

Worked fine yesterday but starting having trouble this morning. I am on a Samsung Android phone if it helps.
Okay, mine now does it when I click enter... If I start a new paragraph, it'll dump the keyboard. So.... Somethings weird. It's not just Samsung, I'm a One Plus 8T

Thank God I'm not the only one.
I've been Googling this issue all day.
Samsung Galaxy S10 + Chrome. Have not had any updates in weeks. Started today.
Backspace or return key both make my keyboard vanish.

Hitting the gear icon on the website to make the formatting disappear fixes it.
Thanks!

*It only happens here. Not anywhere else.
My wife's S10 is not doing it on any site or any app.

But you spread so much joy! I have a cocaine giraffe to take to work with me tonight for my 16 hour shift. Can't wait to show him off to the non believers!
I'm glad ya Won one. I'll prob never get offered a barrel again, but I'm glad it made a few people's weeks. I made sure the previous owner knew the plan and got one for free. :)

The only issue I ever have is zooming on photos on my phone.. if I click on a photo to look at it and then hit the "x" at the top right of the screen it closes the picture back to the post, if I zoom in on a picture the "x" disappears and I have to use the return button on my phone and it takes me back to the previous page, instead of the post I was looking at lol always frustrates me
I found out that if I double-tap instead of using two fingers, I am able to look around without the "x" disappearing.
(Ok, hit me ;) )

I tend to type a full message/comment without looking and then I go back and fix my mistakes before hitting “post”. I assume most people don’t do that and it is only when I am doing this that I run into problems. I assumed it was a very specific quirk with the comment formatting that creates the problem when inserting text into already formatted portions of a comment area. It does not occurs as I am typing and simply hit “back”.

Still a problem here (S8). Only solution is to turn off the fancy formatting options with the gear icon above the text field.

(Is this what you might have done too, @GenghisKhan?)

Still a problem here (S8). Only solution is to turn off the fancy formatting options with the gear icon above the text field.

(Is this what you might have done too, @GenghisKhan?)

Hi :)

I had to turn off the formatting at first. But now I have it turned back on, and everything is fine.

Just maybe....
ITCrow.jpg

I wish the standard answer did the trick...

I just checked mine since I turned off the advance formatting and it appears to be working fine.

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra here.

Funny enough, it doesn't happen when posting in the thread title box. Every time I hit backspace while posting a message on mobile, my keyboard disappears and I have to tap the cursor to get it back. Real pain in the butt.

Worked fine yesterday but starting having trouble this morning. I am on a Samsung Android phone if it helps.
Yes. I have the same problem. Perhaps at Tommy can fix this. @Tommy

It started happening last week, Thursday or Friday. Back space or return dumps the keyboard and scrolls to the top of the thread. It DOES NOT happen if I turn off emojis by clicking the orange wheel, so I'm not 100% convinced it's my phone.

EDIT: Problem fixed!!!

21628.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom