Is anyone noticing any trouble backspacing in a message box while on mobile? (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Funny enough, it doesn't happen when posting in the thread title box. Every time I hit backspace while posting a message on mobile, my keyboard disappears and I have to tap the cursor to get it back. Real pain in the butt.

Worked fine yesterday but starting having trouble this morning. I am on a Samsung Android phone if it helps.

Maybe be related to Samsung devices. Any recent software updates? There have been no changes to the forum software recently and I'm not seeing it on my Google Pixel.

Maybe be related to Samsung devices. Any recent software updates? There have been no changes to the forum software recently and I'm not seeing it on my Google Pixel.
Not that I know of. Last phone update was a little over a week ago and I only noticed this yesterday morning.

Funny enough, it doesn't happen when posting in the thread title box. Every time I hit backspace while posting a message on mobile, my keyboard disappears and I have to tap the cursor to get it back. Real pain in the butt.

Worked fine yesterday but starting having trouble this morning. I am on a Samsung Android phone if it helps.
OMG I'm glad I saw this! I thought I was going crazy! I've been complaining to my son about it. Note 20 Ultra here. It started on my Galaxy S8+ and I used it as an excuse to get a new phone with the new trade in stuff At&t has going but it was still there. At least I'm not crazy.

But seriously, it seems like a Samsung keyboard issue as it seems that other Android devices aren't having this issue.

But seriously, it seems like a Samsung keyboard issue as it seems that other Android devices aren't having this issue.
It was doing it everytime I hit backspace using the Samsung keyboard so I switched to Gboard and it only does it when I hit return to go down a line. Its gotta be some kind of Samsung issue. Hopefully they get it fixed before I completely lose my mind.

It's Chrome on Android (Samsung, at least here). Started today. However, I can only see it on PCF as far as I can tell. For me, the keyboard (GBoard, not even stock!) disappears when I press enter, not backspace.

It's Chrome on Android (Samsung, at least here). Started today. However, I can only see it on PCF as far as I can tell. For me, the keyboard (GBoard, not even stock!) disappears when I press enter, not backspace.
Same thing. Its only here. I'm on a couple different forums and reddit and it doesn't do it there.

Sounds like it is all across the board. I've had the same issue through Safari on my iPhone for months. Usually when I delete space between paragraphs. :meh:

Ferr

Edit: damn, now that issue made me press "Reply" as it popped up where it shouldn't have :)

Odd, no issues here (Samsung galaxy/chrome). Sounds like user error.... ;)

Ok, so, if I click on the gearwheel to turn off the fancy formatting stuff, it doesn't happen. As soon as it's on, the problems come back.

Ok, so, if I click on the gearwheel to turn off the fancy formatting stuff, it doesn't happen. As soon as it's on, the problems come back.
Never mind, found it!

Sounds like a scam to get us to sign up on Slot Machine Forum. I'm watching you, Tommy. Always watching...

LOL, It has become my test site for PCF. :cool

2020-08-29_14-29-50.jpg

2020-08-29_14-30-16.jpg

This and other annoying spacing and typing issues confirmed on iOS using Safari on mobile as well. Been a couple months now. Hitting the gear button now eliminates them.

The only issue I ever have is zooming on photos on my phone.. if I click on a photo to look at it and then hit the "x" at the top right of the screen it closes the picture back to the post, if I zoom in on a picture the "x" disappears and I have to use the return button on my phone and it takes me back to the previous page, instead of the post I was looking at lol always frustrates me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom