Is an 850 FICO even possible? (1 Viewer)

We hit rock bottom a few years ago (right before the pandemic) I’d have been happy if someone stole my credit, as they couldn’t have damaged it any worse. 2 1/2 years now, we been vigilant. Still have too much CC debt, but went from a 480-500 to a 700. Still have a LONG way to go. 7 years to get some of these derogatory marks off of there.
Glad you're bouncing back.

CC debt is a bitch. Working on climbing out but it's a slow, slow climb. I need to be more disciplined with my income but it's hard sometimes.

We will get there brother!

We hit rock bottom a few years ago (right before the pandemic) I’d have been happy if someone stole my credit, as they couldn’t have damaged it any worse. 2 1/2 years now, we been vigilant. Still have too much CC debt, but went from a 480-500 to a 700. Still have a LONG way to go. 7 years to get some of these derogatory marks off of there.
Sometimes things come up in life that are completely out of one’s control and it takes time to bounce back from certain situations.
When I went through my divorce in 2006, it literally felt like I had lost everything. It’s not so much the physical things that go away that take the toll on you as much as it is losing one’s direction in life for awhile.

The only way I was able to keep from defaulting on a couple of loans was to borrow some money from a retirement account and pay it back at a rate of 9.5% over the next 5 years. It sucked but it was probably the only option I had at that time to keep from defaulting on a home that I no longer lived in but had to make payments on till it eventually got sold.

Once the home sold and my ex and I had ironed out our no where close to even split, it took me about 5 years to get back to where I felt I wasn’t spinning my wheels and was moving in a positive direction again.

Keep grinding away @krafticus, it takes time but if you stay focused on your goal, you’ll get those things behind you.

Update…. Cant even make this up…..

Mother fuckers…. 850 just dangling there like FUCK YOU

Goal set…. I’ll get it……. :cool
IMG_9117.png

when i was a busboy at p.f. chang's i met a guy that bragged about being the first person to ever have a 850 fico score.
it adapted into his personality, he tipped me $50.
lol strive for better things, it's just a number!

I'm just mad mine keeps going up and down for no reason. Never late on a bill, use credit cards for all my spending, paid off my loans, utilization hovers around 10%, etc. Somehow I dropped from 770 in December to 740 now. I've gone up maybe 20 points over the last two years. I only have about 5 years of credit history though, that's probably my main issue. I used debit for everything before.

Always had 700+ since shortly after taking a loan out on a car I had already paid cash for in order to get credit. Bought a house a year later thankfully to having established credit. Paid the car loan off on the spot since I only needed it for the house loan.
Had that paid off in 7 or 8 years I forget.
I think I missed maybe 2 or 3 credit card payments in 30+ years due to missing mail and once when we moved and got lost in a box. None of those hurt my credit score more than having my identity stolen 3 years ago. I still get letters in the mail thanking me for my loan application but they are unable to approve at this time.
Here's the kicker. One of the loans that was approved by a shady ass bank that was in on it. Looking at their reviews online hundreds of people had loans approved in their name there they didn't take then the bank collects the insurance money when it gets cleared up.
The police don't even bother taking info down because nobody ever prosecutes for it. Kinda like politics. If you or me did even a fraction of the shady crap they do daily we'd be locked up for life.
I don't intend on ever taking another loan out in my life so my credit is locked at every bureau and threw away the password I set. New house is 90% paid off and pay cash for our cars. A credit score is just bs anyways.

I think FICO goes up to 900 now.

View attachment 1288248
lol, did FICO catch up to inflation hahahaha!

Fuckers are always moving the goal post

strive for better things
Just a long standing personal goal since I was a kid. This is like the extra side quest goal compared to the others. I wanna hit it.

it's just a number!
Running a mile in 6 minutes versus hitting the 5s is how goals are achieved. I like setting goals and achieving them. ✅

Mine has always hovered between 835 and 845...where I obtain it, the chart only goes to 850. If they added another possible 50 points, I'm cat turds now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom