Is 80x $20s enough for a .25/.50 NL & PLO game? (2 Viewers)

Honestly, just top yourself up to 1 rack of 20's, and 1 rack of 100's... And while not necessary a rack of $500's if you plan to use the set a super long time...

It'll give you a some future proofing and breathability especially with the way inflation and money printing is going..
In a decade 25c/50c could potentially be the equivalent to 5c/10c, or 1c/2c in purchasing power by then...

If you plan to keep your set for a long time, it may make sense to slowly get some upper denoms while you can find them.

Last edited:

Attachments

• E82660A8-C0DB-43B5-8B8E-BDD1C664BF12.jpeg
    E82660A8-C0DB-43B5-8B8E-BDD1C664BF12.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 88
You know it’s juicy when you have to start borrowing from other sets for the bank

That's a good amount of chips for a single table 0.25/0.50 game.

Our general games are 0.25/0.50. These are more social games than serious games and we will sometimes get through 2 racks of 5s. Seldom do we touch the 3rd rack of 5s or any of the 20s/25s. I would say 80 - 20s should be plenty for a single table game and the 20 - 100s will round out that rack well. 6 racks of 5s can be a bit much to manage and at some point players may want to color up if they are betting larger sums later in the evening. It helps keep the game moving fluidly if less time is spent restacking chips after big hands.

I used to only bring 500 chips to games (1 rack fracs, 2 racks 1s, 9 barrels of 5s and 1 barrel of 25s). One very spirted game we had used up all but 5 of the 25s so from there on I started carrying 600 or 700 chips to our games. Not having enough chips for a game is a terrible feeling, especially for a chipper.

How many racks of 25s are you keeping around for the bigger game? For our 1/2 games we like 1-2 racks. 1 rack is fine if backed up with a rack of 100s. 2 racks is fun with more greens on the table.

That's a good amount of chips for a single table 0.25/0.50 game.

Our general games are 0.25/0.50. These are more social games than serious games and we will sometimes get through 2 racks of 5s. Seldom do we touch the 3rd rack of 5s or any of the 20s/25s. I would say 80 - 20s should be plenty for a single table game and the 20 - 100s will round out that rack well. 6 racks of 5s can be a bit much to manage and at some point players may want to color up if they are betting larger sums later in the evening. It helps keep the game moving fluidly if less time is spent restacking chips after big hands.

I used to only bring 500 chips to games (1 rack fracs, 2 racks 1s, 9 barrels of 5s and 1 barrel of 25s). One very spirted game we had used up all but 5 of the 25s so from there on I started carrying 600 or 700 chips to our games. Not having enough chips for a game is a terrible feeling, especially for a chipper.

How many racks of 25s are you keeping around for the bigger game? For our 1/2 games we like 1-2 racks. 1 rack is fine if backed up with a rack of 100s. 2 racks is fun with more greens on the table.
Currently sitting on two racks. May look to add a third just in case I ever host (or deal for) a 1/3 or bigger game.

80 x $20
20 x $100

Gives you flexibility for a bigger game. Need more? Get a second 80/20 rack!

Currently sitting on two racks. May look to add a third just in case I ever host (or deal for) a 1/3 or bigger game.
That's how I look at it too. I always have more chips than I currently need just in case. Most of my larger built out sets have 3 racks of 25s and a rack of 100s. Most of them have also stayed in mint condition :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom