iPhone 11 plus ? (1 Viewer)

legend672

Full House
Reaction score
Upgrading tomorrow to iPhone 11. Anything I should know ? I imagine most of you know more about this stuff than a boomer like myself. I have sprint and an apple iPhone 6 Plus now which I got in 2015. The kid says it’s over 4 years old which apparently is old for a phone these days. Thanks guys and gals in advance.

The 11 is the same size and weight as the XR - fatter and heavier than a 6 Plus. A bit thick and heavy, IMHO, but an incredible device. For much more money the 11 Pros are thinner and proportionally better weights.

If the size and weight works for you, buy it.

Last edited:
I guess you’re used to the large size of the 6 plus. The equivalent new model is the 11 pro max. Check out the different sizes now, the 11 “pro” is the smallest but has a higher resolution screen with the 11 being a little larger but also the cheapest and the 11 “pro max” being the largest with the highest price. The 11 may not have all the latest features but is probably at the optimal price point. I would rather get an 11, save $400 and upgrade a couple years earlier to the next model.

getting used to no home screen button was the biggest change for me but not the only. If you spend an hour devoted to learning about the new features you’ll get used to the new phone in a day or two

I went from the 7 plus to 11 Pro Max. Here's what I found took some getting used to.
No home button and closing apps took some time to get used to. Facial recognition, no fingerprint access. I like the wireless charging but make sure you get an upright stand so you don't have to pick it up to open with facial recognition. Camera is great and it is fast, if you plan on keeping it for a while the 11 pro and pro max have the latest processor.

Dogs are the fucking best.
YEEEAAHHHH!!!!!
IMG_20191127_163635.jpg

I know this is almost always the case, but if you can wait for the NEXT version, it is rumored to have the largest “generational” change in years. The iPhone 11’s are basically the same phone with glorified cameras.
I’m on a 6s Plus and waiting for the next version (or later). I usually get 4-5 years out of each phone. (3G - 4 - 6s plus since 2008)....
But working in IT, I realize it’s basically just a raging river and you just have to jump in whenever you need to, as the next “best thing” is always “coming up” soon.......

just FYI :)

Finally went and tried to do it.
It seems they have eliminated the best feature of the old one, why on earth would you get rid of the button that lets you bark commands on whom to call or text without taking your eyes of the road ? Why the fook would you change that? Let’s make it tougher to use then using the freaking flashlight, that never slides up or down when you need it. The kids working there are the kind who couldn’t drive a stick or change a tire if their lives depended on it . How unsatisfying.....

Also, the Motorola Razr is making a comeback...seriously. I might get one.

Finally went and tried to do it.
It seems they have eliminated the best feature of the old one, why on earth would you get rid of the button that lets you bark commands on whom to call or text without taking your eyes of the road ? Why the fook would you change that? Let’s make it tougher to use then using the freaking flashlight, that never slides up or down when you need it. The kids working there are the kind who couldn’t drive a stick or change a tire if their lives depended on it . How unsatisfying.....
After you had it for a short while, you realize that the button is totally not needed. You can just say “hey Siri” without pressing any buttons and it will perform the commands you give it.

Last edited:
After you had it for a short while, you realize that the button is totally not needed. No you can just say “hey Siri” without pressing any buttons and it will perform the commands you give it.
My best friend just told me the same thing. He said he was more incredulous than I was when he went and got his no button phone. I guess since you both say the same thing, I will take a leap of faith.
it’s kind of funny that my dad always had to have his messages on those pink messages pads even though the rest of the company was voicemail and Email . He was so old school it was scary, but it was embraced by everyone. One phone call could change ones life for the better when all looked lost or impossible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom