Intro post + Poker Knights + 300 pc set build discussion (1 Viewer)

GamingWithChips

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First post here. Pretty big noob but have watched many videos on chips (especially Hobbyphilic and Chris Manzoni) and I'm interested in "building" 1 or 2 new 300 chip sets.

I just wanted to quickly post about the only chips I own...Poker Knights. I also just wanted to say that I spent countless hours (literally, my best guess might be 8-10 hours) sanding down the sharp edge on a 500 chip set...:oops::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I will never do this again. Do I regret it? Partially, but they have actually made my set infinitely better. I just wish the colours were more vibrant as everyone has said. Here's a picture hopefully showing the edges, the yellows are straight from the box, the purple has MINUTES of labour attached to it. They are quite annoying without sanding them down, they feel 10 times cheaper without the smooth edges. Definitely a labour of love...

Photo 2023-03-06 09.50.32 PM.jpg

Anyway, I don't have my set with me but when I do I might make a full post of my set as my second post.

Any suggestions for a second set? Right now I'm looking at semi-custom Dia De Los Muertos. My budget is around $300 CAD.

- Chips

Hi Chris,

Welcome to PCF.

They certainly look more presentable after sanding.

Word of advice, take your time before rushing to buy and buy.

It’s not uncommon for new chipper to spend too much and bought too much before having buyer remorse.

Buying premium chips set is fine as you will likely to be able to resell them back at your cost but trend carefully if you buying stock or less than premium chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom