Intro & appreciation for MSPatton (1 Viewer)

4RunnerRunner

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hello All,

This is a long overdue first post. I placed order 10740 with holdempokerchips on September 2, 2018. I had been filling my cart with many combinations of sets, tmold blanks, various random chips, etc. only to close my browser without purchasing for months. I finally decided I really liked solids and bought 600+ Royal Red and Chocolate Tmold blanks as well as some other odds and ends.

Just one week after placing that first order, I went to the site intending to buy ALL of the remaining Tmolds... But, sadly, (as I would learn here months later) Michael Patton passed away a few days after shipping me my first ever real poker chips.

I wanted to share for those that knew him. One of his last acts on this earth was getting me started down this rabbit hole.

Many thanks also to:
@Denali
@monkeydog
@DMZ
@Barberp

All were great to deal with and took a chance transacting with a newb who had no feedback.
27779C53-A91D-41CA-9E1E-C6905BC7D810.jpeg
16DB1A78-ADD3-4488-945E-D8B5E39EC7E3.jpeg

Hello and welcome to posting!

What's your plan with the blanks?

Appreciate the reply! The plan:

Phase 1: Acquire all the Tmolds available
Phase 2: ????
Phase 3: Profit

I even grabbed the 400+ greys knowing full well I couldn’t use them in conjunction with the charcoals I already had.
3DB8B1DE-B09F-440C-A57F-73F6B16EC904.jpeg

The Royal Reds will probably stay blank... hopefully can add some for a decent sized limit set.

I am very much interested in the @AK Chip hot stamp journey thread. I would love the chocolates to become hot stamped quarters one day.

Should I wait to actually receive my first set of Paulson chips before I start adding to it?? Nah!! Thanks, @cheque_raise

Attachments

• 4A714515-0159-41E3-B193-ED604154759F.png
    4A714515-0159-41E3-B193-ED604154759F.png
    743.4 KB · Views: 73
Welcome! Great first post.
Really appreciate it. I’ve read most everything you’ve posted on this site on the subject of hot stamping chips. I remember you advising someone that the web molds don’t stamp very well. The description on holdempokerchips of the stamped tournament 25s pictured above said (paraphrasing) we tried stamping these, it didn’t go so well. LOL

I’ve wondered if Mr. Patton flattened them before putting the barrel up for sale... because there are zero spinners, despite the item description...

That barrel is amazing. They are my only web mold chips and I will never get rid of them.

Appreciate the reply! The plan:

Phase 1: Acquire all the Tmolds available
Phase 2: ????
Phase 3: Profit

I even grabbed the 400+ greys knowing full well I couldn’t use them in conjunction with the charcoals I already had.
View attachment 581499
The Royal Reds will probably stay blank... hopefully can add some for a decent sized limit set.

I am very much interested in the @AK Chip hot stamp journey thread. I would love the chocolates to become hot stamped quarters one day.
CB44AB66-EC1F-4752-8327-1A2D64E8092E.jpeg

I don't know what that BCC suits mold is called (and am too lazy and don't care enough to look it up :tup: ) but it is one of my favorite home game molds ever produced. I wish GPI would turn it loose so it could find it's way back into the game somehow.

Last edited:
Do you have any more of those web molds? I have a feeling that if you do, that you’ll get to that third step a lot quicker than you’d think.
If only...

I think there were 4 Showboat sets on holdempokerchips when it shut down. Multiple Samurai Palace sets. I’ll never forgive myself for not buying all the chocolate tmolds. I love those chips. So old school. So cool. The big set breakdowns were not the best, but how I wish I would have just bought it all, assembled what I wanted and sold the excess.
Cool that @Potsie1 made some of the inventory available here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom