INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (2 Viewers)

completely agree … my bad - just bored trying to stir up some responses.
no problem :) just similar to political opinions where no one's going to change their own mind but they think if only they can state their position enough times it will convince everyone else their wrong :dead:

I'm just going to piggy back on this thread. What is the best/cheapest way to ship one barrel of chips overseas.

I'm also wondering about non-FRB shipping options.. I've been looking on the usps website, but the forms on there are extremely annoying to read (it's like visiting thechipboard), and I'm curious if there is a calculator or something that can be used for this?

I did see something called first class international mail, which seemed a fair bit cheaper than flat rate shipping. From what I could tell it was both cheaper and the box could have bigger dimensions and be heavier.. I either read that wrong on the usps website, or I've been doing it wrong using MFRB all the time... Any experiences?

For example shipping empty racks. LFRB is silly expensive, but there should be an option based on lower weight..

Is this legit pricing to Canada? For some reason I didn't think it would be too expensive, but $30 for a SFRB seems a bit much.

For someone looking to potentially reship to Canada, better solutions?

1603389213775.png

Is this legit pricing to Canada? For some reason I didn't think it would be too expensive, but $30 for a SFRB seems a bit much.

For someone looking to potentially reship to Canada, better solutions?

View attachment 558522

Yep. Unfortunately. Just priced out and did some international shipping yesterday. And if I am not mistaken prices will increase next year.

For racks there is a solution for 2 racks in a PFRE. If it’s a barrel or small stuff then first class mail is the way to go.

It is lol whomp whomp

Yep. Unfortunately. Just priced out and did some international shipping yesterday. And if I am not mistaken prices will increase next year.

For racks there is a solution for 2 racks in a PFRE. If it’s a barrel or small stuff then first class mail is the way to go.
Gross. Thanks fellas!

@grantc54, I can hold stuff for you until we hit a SFRB or MFRB, or I can just send over the barrel+ in first class mail.

One thing to know about flat rate boxes and international is that the weight limit is different. If I recall correctly, it's 70 pounds domestic, but only 20 pounds international. 800-900 chips in a lfrb, plus padding, can go over 20 pounds pretty easily.

Also, shipping through paypal instead of USPS.com makes it a lot easier for customs. It prints the custom form on the same slip as the shipping, at least to Canada.

Just a reminder that you can safely and comfortably fit 200+ chips in a padded envelope for the same price as a SFRB for max value using free USPS supplies.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-instead-of-an-sfrb-for-the-same-price.61984/
So, I was just checking prices and with international shipments, Padded envelopes are not priced the same as SFRBs like they are in the US.

My quote yesterday to Switzerland was 38ish for a SFRB and 67 for a padded envelope, from the usps website.

So, I was just checking prices and with international shipments, Padded envelopes are not priced the same as SFRBs like they are in the US.

My quote yesterday to Switzerland was 38ish for a SFRB and 67 for a padded envelope, from the usps website.
Damn. I just did a package to Canada and I thought they were the same and just double checked and it is actually $1 difference. Checked to the UK and its also a $1 difference although both prices are obviously different to different countries. To both Canada and UK the PFRE is actually cheaper.

This is US to Canada:

1.jpg

Damn. I just did a package to Canada and I thought they were the same and just double checked and it is actually $1 difference. Checked to the UK and its also a $1 difference although both prices are obviously different to different countries. To both Canada and UK the PFRE is actually cheaper.

This is US to Canada:

View attachment 558680
Weird. Mine is showing alot more for padded vs SFRB.
Screenshot_20201022-142226.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom