Interesting looking book from Paul Endy’s son (1 Viewer)

bergs

Royal Flush
Reaction score
https://booktrib.com/2022/05/18/mee...C1zZnh77NvIT455LWg6HgdDdjUAQ328lpJs&fs=e&s=cl

Definitely ordering a copy. Looks like it’s new as of May 2022 and seems to full of interesting anecdotal stories….here’s one part of the summary:

The book is filled with many illustrations of people, venues and products. It also provides many colorful stories, like the time in 1980 that Paul showed up at the MGM Grand with a 500 pair-dice order while the property was burning down. He insisted on getting in to meet with his “great customer,” only to be told by security that the owner had other things on his mind, with “customers jumping off the hotel tower.”

Interesting… I thought Charles Endy started the Paul-Son company.

My perception was that Paul Endy worked for TRKing and Charles literally leveraged his dads name with his own company… Pauls Son.

I have it. The parts about poker chips were interesting and there are some good anecdotes like you said. But the writing is...not great.

Interesting… I thought Charles Endy started the Paul-Son company.

My perception was that Paul Endy worked for TRKing and Charles literally leveraged his dads name with his own company… Pauls Son.

It was Paul Endy Sr that owned part of TR King and both his son's Paul Endy Jr and Charles worked for him there. At some time, Paul Endy Jr moved to Vegas to start Paul-son Dice and Card Inc.

Currently reading this book. Flipped the page to find my photo from a WTS and here used!
Pretty crazy!
06AD3129-AD9C-4F5D-8A3C-42C46F1D1BA2.jpeg

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-“business-card”-chips-charlie-endy.37545/

“I like to think of Las Vegas in terms of a well-dressed man in a dinner jacket and a beautifully jeweled and furred female getting out of an expensive car,” said Hughes.

Ah, glamorous Las Vegas - where the image of a playground for the rich is used to support a billion dollar industry built out of little old ladies spending their social security checks at the slot machines and middle-class tourists leaving the blackjack tables with empty wallets.

Ah, glamorous Las Vegas - where the image of a playground for the rich is used to support a billion dollar industry built out of little old ladies spending their social security checks at the slot machines and middle-class tourists leaving the blackjack tables with empty wallets.

Truly. Many of today's legal "vices" like gambling, lottery tickets, heck even smoking and drinking, is largely primarily a tax on poor people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom