Interested in a detailed 100 session history for every player? (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
We are closing in on 100 sessions for one of my 1-2 games. I have totals for every player in every session along with calculations evaluating performance in an excel spreadsheet. Names and dates are suppressed. We will only see session numbers and my opinion about playing styles for each player, but the results for each session can been studied.

I think this something that would spark some discussion and offer evidence about how win/loss rates happen in real life. I certainly found it educational.

Is posting something like this even permissible? I think it is fine, but better to ask first.

I do not have a clue how to post a medium sized excel file, I will need directions (in small, easily understood words). The file is roughly 120 cells wide and 50 cells deep - far too much to fit on a screen. Perhaps not compatible with the message board. I can suppress the session by session results and just show a summary if required but I think the session by session detail is very illuminating.

So, I am looking for a go-ahead from a moderator and directions for how to post the excel file.

I am cross posting on 2+2 home poker -=- DrStrange

For the excel file, I'd upload it to google drive, and set the permissions to allow public viewers. Then you can just post a link here. I can work out the directions if you want to go this route, let me know.

Do the other players know you are doing this? Recording the information at all, let alone releasing it in a redacted format?

I played in 1 home game where it was very off-putting to have the host recording stats for buy-ins and cash-outs, especially once I knew he liked talking about people's short and long term results.

--- edit ---

I found your post on 2+2. Interesting reason for the data being out there. Also interesting to see the results. You mention the rake you calculate the collective saved, how much do you figure that rake would have impacted the top winner's results?

I'm actually very surprised how small the total wins and losses are by your average players, and more so surprised by the small numbers for your "best" and "worst" players considering how you have described the game for years.

Last edited:
I think a $5 / 10% rake would have taken about a third of the biggest dollar winner's total - something between $5,000 and $6,000.

DrStrange

do you post as drstrange at 2+2?? i would like to see the data there

edit****
nevermind i found it , thanks

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom