Interest thread: Stockholm meet-up May/June 2022

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summertime is the only time to visit sweden :cool
I agree, spring/summertime is great and the rest sucks. Well, winter is pretty good too if one likes skiing.

I was thinking more May vs June vs July vs August vs September

HMK

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know. Havn't spoken to @Mr Winberg if he is interested or not. I am interested, can't make 100% promise right away, but lets call it a good chance i can attend. If so, yeah, i guess going by car is an option. But it's a fair drive to get there. Like 700ish km or so. And I think i'd like a beer or two as well while i'm there, so maybe flight or train is a more suitable option.

Mr Winberg

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested, but not too optimistic on my chances.

By the way, this:
there are no refunds if we would need to cancel
He was very eager about getting our business
...and this:
warned me about waiting too long as he was sure "bookings would come raining down"
don't really match! :LOL: :laugh: I'd not book anything right now if I were you, unless you can cancel for free.

Mr Winberg

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know. Havn't spoken to @Mr Winberg if he is interested or not. I am interested, can't make 100% promise right away, but lets call it a good chance i can attend. If so, yeah, i guess going by car is an option. But it's a fair drive to get there. Like 700ish km or so. And I think i'd like a beer or two as well while i'm there, so maybe flight or train is a more suitable option.
If I'm going I'm definitely flying.

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested, but not too optimistic on my chances.

By the way, this:

...and this:

don't really match! :LOL: :laugh: I'd not book anything right now if I were you, unless you can cancel for free.
Yep, I found that pretty amusing as well. No, not booking anything atm.

Annoyingly, most of these large and expensive places on airbnb only have a 48h free cancellation policy. If there was free cancellation right up to the actual stay (as it is in some cases) I could just safely charge it on my credit card and collect payments from everyone at a later stage. As it is, we’re gonna have to rely on bookings not coming raining down :)

CarlosStorm

Two Pair
Reaction score
Erik, it's a great plan.
I have three kids and I think it's too complicate for me, for free time and money, but I'll follow the thread, maybe I could win the lottery meanwhile :)

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Erik, it's a great plan.
I have three kids and I think it's too complicate for me, for free time and money, but I'll follow the thread, maybe I could win the lottery meanwhile :)
Let's root for that then!

HMK

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1000km in one go without any break longer than taking a leak is alright if you ask me. That's right, we're northerners, we damn near invented long distances. You guys south of the wall know nothing! ;)

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"The wall" as in Övik
Nah the wall is a lot farther south than that. Here’s how we native Stockholmare perceive Sweden :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

53D64844-4AC2-46F0-8588-5F01F3E83221.png

Anteln

Waiting List
Reaction score
Ive actually got my family up in Umeå as well as a vacation home there, so im usually making that trip twice a year (at least) and it is quite a drive... up to Gävle is okay, after that the small roads get more common and you cant drive 138 km/h any longer... but about 900 km in about 7.5 hours is my "normal" drive time. :)

Mr_Y3RAC

Two Pair
Reaction score
Since you just redirected me too this post, I’d like to express my interest :D

Since my semester abroad is in the winter, I’m already looking at proper winter jackets :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: But I guess summer will definitely be more fun:LOL: :laugh:

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive actually got my family up in Umeå as well as a vacation home there, so im usually making that trip twice a year (at least) and it is quite a drive... up to Gävle is okay, after that the small roads get more common and you cant drive 138 km/h any longer... but about 900 km in about 7.5 hours is my "normal" drive time. :)
So a Linköping-Stockholm trip shouldn’t take too long :D

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: I have been looking at another option which is to rent a smaller venue that would also allow us to bring our own food and drinks. I'm thinking we could either order in pizzas or take a dinner break and go to some close-by restaurant. There are plenty of venue options that are nicely located starting at around €500/day. I have yet to contact any of them so I don't know if the poker thing is an issue. Private games are legal within a closed group though so it shouldn't be a problem.

The benefit would be that it allows each and everyone to find their own sleeping arrangements and can bring wives/girl or boyfriends and make a holiday out of it. It will be difficult and/or expensive to find a place where everyone has private accommodations as well as a suitible area for poker playing.

Depending on how COVID developes during the fall I'll probably ask people to make committing decisions to attend/paying deposits somewhere in the beginning of 2022.

With this new option we can easily up the number of possible attendees to 24 for three tables of 8. My thinking is to rent a friday and saturday. Friday cashgames exclusively (NLH and dealer's choice on different tables) and a main event NLH tournament followed by cashgames on saturday. My initial idea was late May/early June but really anytime between May and September would work. I guess we'll do a poll or something later.

Here are those who have expressed an interest so far (I'm sorry if I missed anyone or been too liberal with adding names, let me know if so):

@mipevi
@gopherblue
@BonScot
@cpac54
@HMK
@BillyBluff
@ekricket
@Kasper Storrs
@Ainton
@LeGold
@Marius L
@Mr Winberg
@Anteln
@Mr_Y3RAC
@Ethan
@Coyote
@OfficerLovejoy
@JackDeRke

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t edit now it seems but I forgot to add @travelgirl to the list of interested, sorry about that.

Btw if you guys are bringing wives/girlfriends my wife Mia will happily take care of them and show them around Stockholm while we’re occupied with poker. She’s excited to meet some new international friends.

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some poker wives play poker better than their husbands. :oops:

That said, I'm following with interest.
Of course, poker playing wives are more than welcome and I’m sure she’d take a few lost husbands on the tour as well!

Freudeus

Sitting Out
Reaction score
And if there's room, I can bring a couple of poker buddies with me. We live in the Uppsala region, so it's really close too :)

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if there's room, I can bring a couple of poker buddies with me. We live in the Uppsala region, so it's really close too :)
Good to know! but pcfers will have first priority.

Mr Winberg

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know! but pcfers will have first priority.
What's up with all these new users that are popping up without posting? I'm talking about @Freudeus_Friend1, @Freudeus_Friend2, @Freudeus_Friend3...

Top Bottom