[INTEREST THREAD & POLL] Acrylic Dealer Buttons GROUP BUY

Interested in a Dealer Button Group buy ?

• YES

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BeesKnees

Two Pair
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, none of my new designs are "inverted" because I prefer to offer a clean engraving. Large engraved areas are not as nice as smaller areas. The white zone created by the laser is not always of the same depth or power, depending on the acrylic density itself. (sorry if I'm not clear on this, technical english is not my best)
But I will make another version with a engraved textured and the kanji. Stay tuned ;)
Makes sense, I was mainly concerned about having such a large totally transparent surface.

@BeesKnees Do you like this version ? The background is filled with the classic scales japanese pattern around the kanji...
Yes, much nicer.

DerberAlter

Two Pair
Reaction score
1 x 013-CLUBPARIS-V1 / ROUND / GOLD INLAY
1 x 021-PHARAOHS-V2 / ROUND / GOLD INLAY
1 x 006-AZTAR-V1 / Octogonal / SILVER
1x 003-PCA-V1 / STAR / SILVER INLAY

Germany

PokerChipsDesign

Two Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score

Darson

Flush
Reaction score
The group buy states "Engraved on top" - what does that mean? I got the impression from the picture in the first post that a mirror image is engraved on the bottom of the button which is then inverted in use so the top surface is smooth.

BeesKnees

Two Pair
Reaction score
The group buy states "Engraved on top" - what does that mean? I got the impression from the picture in the first post that a mirror image is engraved on the bottom of the button which is then inverted in use so the top surface is smooth.
I believe he is referring to having an engraved gold or silver face, instead of clear acrylic.

PokerChipsDesign

Two Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
The group buy states "Engraved on top" - what does that mean?
Here you can see several pictures of my engraved dealer buttons : http://empirestudio.fr/en/projects/
Theses are made of 8mm acrylic glass (plexiglas) laser cut and laser engraved on 1 side: the top of the button.
I believe he is referring to having an engraved gold or silver face, instead of clear acrylic.
The metallic inlay is an additional option.
You can choose to have your design engraved on a metallic sticker (gold or silver) which is placed on top of the button.
Oh okay, I get what you're getting at. It looks to me like the engraving is on the top of the button.
Yes !
Will all the current buttons in the Catalog be available in future GB's?
All current buttons are meant to stay on the catalog for the next GB's but there will be more added each month !

Darson

Flush
Reaction score
In theory yes, but as the button is 8mm thick, the dual engraving gets just blurry and not really nice :/
I don't want engraving on both sides, just on the bottom (but with the image mirrored so it looks correct when flipped). Are you saying that it doesn't look good if the engraving is viewed through the 8mm thickness? I always thought that these would be engraved on the bottom giving a very clean look from the top. Now that I've googled a bunch, it seems that all these acrylic engravings are done from the top. It seems like a missed opportunity!

Lacostey

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I'll toss in a few ideas, some sets that don't have buttons, or good ones.
Legends
Condado Plaza
Kings Crown
The Post
Lucky Derby
Playboy
Bremerton Lanes
Skyway Park Bowl
Fun Nite
Diamondback
Highway 9
Mesquite Star
Treasure
Caesars Palace
I second the Caesars Palace! If that was made I couldn't stay away from this!

Top Bottom