Interest - Royal Yak add-ons Group Buy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagamov

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi...this will be my first attempt and a group buy, so be gentle if I'm not clear.

Since I have acquired some Royal Yaks, I have a desire to add-on to what I have (MOAR CHIPS!)

I wanted to gauge interest to see if anyone wants to join me so that we can meet a minimum order to get the chip price down.

I have spoken to GOCC at length, and they have all of the artwork and designs ready to go (with my help). These GOCC chips should be equal to the original ChipCo chips and should be better than the add-ons that were done later (Artwork wise).

I plan to order at least 600 chips, so to get the price break we need at least a 2000 chip order.

Prices will be .89c each under 2000, and .63c each over 2000. Minimum order is 50 per denomination. Actual shipping from me to you will be extra and if shipping to me is excessive from GOCC, I will spread that out to everyone as well. USA/Canada orders only please at this time.

***** DISCLAIMER: The colors may not be an exact match to existing chips. I will be sending sample chips to GOCC for color matching, but it may not be perfect.

**** ALSO:
Edge spots on the .25c and $1 chips will be altered to match the rest of the chips in the current set (previous chips had a white/black outline denomination on the edge spot. New ones will be black denominations) and the pattern spacing on the .25c chip will match the spacing on the $100 chip.

**** ALSO #2: The denomination you see inside the white circle in the middle is the UV marking. That add's .6c per chip. I don't think its needed and I advised GOCC the same.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I've missed anything.

I don't plan to make this a huge group buy, just trying to help some members fill out their sets and hit 2000 chips to save us money. If we don't get 2000 chips, I will do my own order and everyone else can do the same.

Thanks!!!

Here are the pics for the chips:

Final Yak1.jpg

Final Yak2.jpg

I'm tempted, if only to have some of the 10k chips.

If I wanted a custom colour (say, an orange $20 instead of yellow), is that possible? I already have yellow 5c chips, so a yellow $20 doesn't work as part of the set.

I'm tempted, if only to have some of the 10k chips.

If I wanted a custom colour (say, an orange $20 instead of yellow), is that possible? I already have yellow 5c chips, so a yellow $20 doesn't work as part of the set.

I will ask. I'm thinking of doing a custom color $1 to make it easier for me to see compared to the .25c...like a darker blue. I update you when I hear back.

If you are going to talk to them, perhaps ask about a non-denom version as well. That could be a useful option.

EDIT: Not to get off track, but not looking to complicate this up. Don't want to ask them to design a new chip at this point.

Last edited:
I'm not in the market for Royal Yaks, but this group buy is a great idea.

The new GOCC Yaks should fit in quite well with all existing chips (original and add-ons), and are likely to exceed the quality of the Chipco originals (the GOCC blank is much better, imo).

And at 63c each, it's a great opportunity for people to get a true high-end ceramic set for significantly less than usual.

I would be interested in a rack of $20.00 (100)

How different are the GOCC blanks vs. the original Chipco blanks? Considering an add-on to my Classics set, and was wondering about this.

In short: Am I going to get tilted by the difference?

They have a sample set available if you want to "try it before you buy it". I'm a big fan.

CZuhu2hSLYxX5xTxWQ5UhdcxTML-mhhVHmKRVXPyYCoK-zymQK0lEvxZKVlFo0xFYLy8Js9c-Sv0eeNztukJwnfCFqeryKPum5zxU6sKEWZ2FlS0d42OqLOTE1UiYcW95LSiA4n4O0so_B7JxcnP1nGekVA3UFqovz-AMXnvQM6WKJyBzjPWgJdswnd3BYN3Gmxv3uiP8Y5nwIN6LjdskO3O_IJutqV2jAz8dRPEN59WjnBLmksJMaDsXaPxN-LmFJl6bndpihOI0HdHffOF74opGyDUZ6XULvJ6Z9Fdr7e6I5plzY--q2CXsY6JR_F1Jfa98Md-5lqwB3Vqwnug-LzgfbcHa0PwJmHYXNU9kcfcKtwUaUZL4egvFmYbDDfaE-8BiNtnfxc9K513aoELkWeus71BZI1XLkJWtdLfwBIDQiXpJtvEhVz3FrbbRwK3_1pBnYFSuaLizJsljx4KUQr7qGmBvfQgWOIGzAwQQ8UepfAsVCHovAPLK4AlZv6ng0jm60qZ6XuhNMMA_RxfzMGJB4SQXvIuu1aEsNq3ZJzhZE7mh4VeOeqpdHikDBolbEL1QI7yBVOLOIz-ah0PEjuN6_PS0a_WkTKiHqPMAw=w1226-h690-no

If I was to get ceramics, I think GOCC would be my first choice.

Is there a 5c/nickel chip? I know one was made in the past, but I think maybe it was a custom order or something.

Is there a 5c/nickel chip? I know one was made in the past, but I think maybe it was a custom order or something.

It was a custom from PGI when they were making the custom Yaks.

Edit: Same design and yellow colour as the $20, but with 5c instead.

20170827_134735 (Medium).jpg

Pretty chips, but they are just taking up space in my case, as our games are 25c / 25c.

Last edited:
Now I’m thinking I need to replace my entire Yak set with these. Hate to have 1 rack of superior chips to rest of set.

Now I’m thinking I need to replace my entire Yak set with these. Hate to have 1 rack of superior chips to rest of set.

DO IT!

That's pretty much what I am doing. I have a small heads up set of the higher denoms (ChipCo) that I will keep, but I'm pretty much replacing the cash chips with these. Superior artwork, better blank....sounds good to me!!!

Help me get to .63c !!

They have a sample set available if you want to "try it before you buy it". I'm a big fan.

CZuhu2hSLYxX5xTxWQ5UhdcxTML-mhhVHmKRVXPyYCoK-zymQK0lEvxZKVlFo0xFYLy8Js9c-Sv0eeNztukJwnfCFqeryKPum5zxU6sKEWZ2FlS0d42OqLOTE1UiYcW95LSiA4n4O0so_B7JxcnP1nGekVA3UFqovz-AMXnvQM6WKJyBzjPWgJdswnd3BYN3Gmxv3uiP8Y5nwIN6LjdskO3O_IJutqV2jAz8dRPEN59WjnBLmksJMaDsXaPxN-LmFJl6bndpihOI0HdHffOF74opGyDUZ6XULvJ6Z9Fdr7e6I5plzY--q2CXsY6JR_F1Jfa98Md-5lqwB3Vqwnug-LzgfbcHa0PwJmHYXNU9kcfcKtwUaUZL4egvFmYbDDfaE-8BiNtnfxc9K513aoELkWeus71BZI1XLkJWtdLfwBIDQiXpJtvEhVz3FrbbRwK3_1pBnYFSuaLizJsljx4KUQr7qGmBvfQgWOIGzAwQQ8UepfAsVCHovAPLK4AlZv6ng0jm60qZ6XuhNMMA_RxfzMGJB4SQXvIuu1aEsNq3ZJzhZE7mh4VeOeqpdHikDBolbEL1QI7yBVOLOIz-ah0PEjuN6_PS0a_WkTKiHqPMAw=w1226-h690-no

If I was to get ceramics, I think GOCC would be my first choice.

Don't mean to sideline this but where did you find how to obtain a sample set? I can't find anything on the GOCC website.

Royal Yaks are probably my most or second most played set. Had them back when I was hosting a couple times a month. Not my favorite chips ever, but fond memories. Hope you reach your minimum!

Last edited:
Is the blue on the 10k similar to the blue on the $1? Just wondering how close it would be to my grey/white 5k.

full

At this point, I'm in for 100 chips. The ratio of orange $20 to 10k chips will depend on if anyone else is interested in 10k chips. I don't need 50 10k chips...

Last edited:
Which GOCC blank do you plan to use? I have the sample set. I love some and hate the others.
Might be in depending on the answer :)
The one I really love is the Protech one. I think that’s what my Nine Dragons is made on.

Which GOCC blank do you plan to use? I have the sample set. I love some and hate the others.
Might be in depending on the answer :)
That’s a great question. When I look at their website, I can’t tell for sure what different blanks they have, what the difference is, and there’s no indication of pricing.
I think more, clearer information on their website could change some casual browsers into interested buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom