Interest in joining poker mavens group? (2 Viewers)

BHK25

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m in the process of bringing my home game online thru poker mavens and was reaching out to see if anyone here would be interested in signing up once I get it all set up. (I know a lot of you have groups already but hey more action is never a bad thing huh... I also play windy crest occasionally too) Most games would be NLHE ranging from .25/50. To 1/2. And possibly the occasional Omaha games. If you may be Interested just reply to this and I’ll message you when the time comes. Look forward to playing with some new folks!! I’ll be giving out a bonus for playing too, but I’ll share that once I get it going.

Brandon

Hey guys, I’m in the process of bringing my home game online thru poker mavens and was reaching out to see if anyone here would be interested in signing up once I get it all set up. (I know a lot of you have groups already but hey more action is never a bad thing huh... I also play windy crest occasionally too) Most games would be NLHE ranging from .25/50. To 1/2. And possibly the occasional Omaha games. If you may be Interested just reply to this and I’ll message you when the time comes. Look forward to playing with some new folks!! I’ll be giving out a bonus for playing too, but I’ll share that once I get it going.

Brandon

Yeah love to play and support your new site. I also play and lose a lot at windy Crest so i guess i can spread my losses elsewhere. Congrats

Look forward to having ya!! Makes me sad that I’m not in an area that has meetup games like y’all have every blue moon. Seems like a good time!

Purchasing the pro version Sunday and planning to have things up and running by Monday . If you guys know of any of your friends who would be interested everyone is welcome.

Let me know if you have issues setting up the server side

Mavens is a great platform

Let me know if you have issues setting up the server side

Mavens is a great platform

I set the server up earlier this week and ran the trial just to play around. I’m not very tech savvy but thanks to the help of a few on here I was able to get it going!

How does this work? We create our own rooms?

Do we have to deposit money or how does it work

I'm debating moving a group over from the PokerBros app to this. What was the whole setup process like? Are you using AWS or your own computer/server? I use computers everyday but all the setup stuff seems over my head. Overall difficulty level getting everything going?

I'm one of the least tech savvy guys there is and I was able to do it with some help from @BearMetal and @CraigT78 I used AWS. It's not that difficult at all, I'd find myself asking questions and then 5 seconds later I'd find the answer.

Awesome, I was following Craig's thread on it as well. Sounds like its worth moving forward on.

The next major hurdle is handling all the money, Venmo and QuickPay only go so far. We got up to 60 players in a $30 tourny, but the cash games on the side are getting out of hand lol. Let me know if you have a solution for that.

Not to be a jerk but we can play at other PCFer sites with no rake and the action is crazy.
Not sure I want to play 10% raked games with the other options. Just saying.

Not to be a jerk but we can play at other PCFer sites with no rake and the action is crazy.
Not sure I want to play 10% raked games with the other options. Just saying.
Don't worry, you're not the jerk here....

I’m not gonna rake. I was just playing around with it to see how it works once I upgraded to pro.

Awesome, I was following Craig's thread on it as well. Sounds like its worth moving forward on.

The next major hurdle is handling all the money, Venmo and QuickPay only go so far. We got up to 60 players in a $30 tourny, but the cash games on the side are getting out of hand lol. Let me know if you have a solution for that.

I haven’t implemented anything yet but you could do payouts weekly instead of after each game. Cuts way down on transactions and allows players to have a balance to use at anytime

I use Venmo for my PM home game and it is easy to either let people cash out at the end of the night or let them carry a balance.
I do take a screen shot of the accounts view after games just in case the server disappears so I know who has what balance with me.
My site is no rake so sum of Venmo in = sum of player balances in Mavens.

I would suggest getting a domain name and pointing it to the site. It isn't difficult to do, costs very little, and looks a lot more professional.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom